Menu

Big Hair Needs to Return

I have thick, long curly hair. I AM the big hair revolution, mainly because my hair won't do anything else. I'm the more environmentally sound version, I use no hair spray. :D

I no longer use hair spray, but man I wish I had bought stock in Aqua Net a long time ago!

I am another one with naturally big hair. The other night, my dh and I were looking at old photos, and he commented that he liked my hair when it was big. Well, if he really likes it big, maybe I'll stop trying to tame it :lol:

:eek:

If you look up the definition of "straight hair" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of me.:lol:

The 80s cost me big bucks with the perms and whatnot. Now that I'm old, I can revert back to the 60s and Cher-hair (you can take the girl out of the 60s, but you can't take the 60s out of the girl) without fear.

I am with you. Big hair rules. :D

OMGosh, that's hilarious! Last summer, I was in CO with a friend at a renaissance fair. My friend has very long, very thick red hair. Instead of the whole blow drying, flattening route she takes when she's getting ready for work, she just let her hair dry naturally, then put the top in a barrette. It was definitely "big hair." So, we're at this ren fair and we pass by a "jester" who said, "Oh my gosh! Look at that hair! I thought I was back in Texas!" :lol::lol::lol:

Back then, I thought I had straight hair because I had to do so much to it to make it big. Now that straight hair is in, I have to use a flat iron to make it look right!

And you know what my daughters use the Aqua Net for? Making their hair stay flat against their scalps during soccer! It works just as well on the flat as it did on the big!

I have fine, thin, straight hair. I think it's completely unfair that the Bump It wasn't invented 20+ years ago. :glare:

I'm with you on the fine, thin, straight hair. I kept it short in the 80s just so I'd have some volume. Ugh. My dd, on the other hand, now has (thanks to puberty) thick, wavy hair and lots of it. And she hates it. She wants mine! :lol:

:eek:

If you look up the definition of "straight hair" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of me.:lol:

The 80s cost me big bucks with the perms and whatnot. Now that I'm old, I can revert back to the 60s and Cher-hair (you can take the girl out of the 60s, but you can't take the 60s out of the girl) without fear.

I finally gave up big hair about 5 years ago (posted pictures on the other thread), so it would really irk me to go back to big being in style so soon. I just don't know if I want to do the perms/color/maintain thing again (it takes a good $150 and up to 3 hours to per long hair). I just got used to myself with straight, dark hair.

But I can make any hair big. I used to do it for all my friends on girls night out. My mom was a Hair Dresser back when beehives were in style, so she taught me how to back-comb with the best of them. Combing those massive tangles out later is the real problem. ;)

Heather

I have naturally curly hair that I blow dry straight (as much as it will go) and then run a straightener over it. Last weekend I had blow dried but not straightened yet and asked my husband if that was acceptable for a few hours at home. I just did not want to be bothered straightening right then.

I looked in the mirror. I looked like a brunette pregnant Farrah Fawcett. I straightened my hair.

OMGosh, that's hilarious! Last summer, I was in CO with a friend at a renaissance fair. My friend has very long, very thick red hair. Instead of the whole blow drying, flattening route she takes when she's getting ready for work, she just let her hair dry naturally, then put the top in a barrette. It was definitely "big hair." So, we're at this ren fair and we pass by a "jester" who said, "Oh my gosh! Look at that hair! I thought I was back in Texas!" :lol::lol::lol:

Texas!? I forgot big hair wasn't in, most women I've seen here (in Texas)who care about hair fashion have big hair, and I'm not saying it looks good. I miss big hair that looks good. The dry air here makes my hair look thin and I can't keep it styled right (very windy here).

LOL, I told my dh that today was my 80's hair day. It is HUGE with volume and waves and if I only had hairspray would it be such a memory, lol.

This is me. But I don't add product so it just IS. It's a layered bob that flips out this way and that. Perky without the work.

The irony of my life is.. in the 80s I spent money on perms, hairdryers, and hair spray (hold UP with pic, spray and hit with dryer).

Three kids later my once stick straight hair now LOOKS like I have a perm and I have to straighten it.

With this winter's past blessing of brunette being the hot color I returned to my base color (or at least I think it is..), no highlights, and having been leaving it curly and bam! do I have full hair. I wish I HAD this in the 80s! Ugh!

After working to straighten and flatten all the flips this morning I am really thinking it was easier in the 80s. Anyone with me?

-Savannah

http://www.hammocktracks.com

In the 80s, my hair was totally straight and flat and slippery. It would not hold a style no matter what I tried to do.

About 5 years ago, I had some trauma that caused about half my hair to fall out. When it finally grew back in, it came in all wavy. It drives me nuts! It would have been perfect in the 70s and 80s. It feathers beautifully, and curls under on the ends! :) How I wish for my old, straight, flat, slippery hair.

Whenever my dh sees someone on TV with big hair he says they should stop trying to look like they still live in the 80's. We saw a commercial today with Marie Osmond in it and her hair looked 80ish. He laughs every time he sees that commercial with Marie Osmond.

Maybe we'll end up with a revised version of big hair coming back in style soon. It seems like there are a few people on TV trying to bring it back. :lol: But I think plenty of people will resist a big hair movement. :lol:

My hair stubbornly refuses to do anything I tell it to so I have just given up and now it just is. I hae been thinking about going in having them try to give it some sort of shape or at least cut off the dry dead ends. I intend to let my hair grow out and then make my dds braid it down my back like we did with my grandma. I can't wait. ;)