Menu

Boy name suggestions please

In December we will be having our 4th and last baby. We don't know the gender and aren't likely to find out. We have our girl name picked (Layna Olivia) but the boy has stumped us!

Our sons name is Ian Christopher and with our 3rd (who was a surprise) we considered the name Issac Alexander.

Any suggestions? We have a short 1 syllable last name that is very abrupt sounding so we try for longer names. First names, we prefer to be 2 syllables that can't be shortened to any sort of nickname. Honestly though at this point we are open to suggestions though so please share if you have any ideas. :)

Well, I would have to vote for Marek, since that's my son's name. :001_wub:

It's pretty hard to shorten, since most diminutives seem to lengthen it. So far, anyway. Of course he's only 7 months old, so he has an entire childhood for people to work out ways to massacre his otherwise lovely name.

:)

Rosie

I like:

Deacon

Garrison

Cannon

Kaden

Micah

Noah

Jason

Jaxson

Levi

Ryan

My last name is a single syllable with an abrupt and harsh ending as well and these names go pretty well with it. If my last name was pronounced as it is in German, it would be a nicer sound but not going to bother trying to change it..:)

Congrats on the baby!!!!

We're being surprised in November, and I would love to name a boy Asher, but dh hates that. It's two syllables and I don't think it would get shortened. Ethan fits that too.

Oh, yes it would! LOL There's an Asher at my church. Everyone calls him Ash.

But, I think it really depends on what you allow people to call you, kwim? I know two Abigails. One likes being called Abby; the other doesn't. And no one calls the other Abigail anything but Abigail.

Oh, yes it would! LOL There's an Asher at my church. Everyone calls him Ash.

But, I think it really depends on what you allow people to call you, kwim? I know two Abigails. One likes being called Abby; the other doesn't. And no one calls the other Abigail anything but Abigail.

I have a Noah and an Ezra. Noah hasn't had his name shortened yet, so no nicknames there. And, you wouldn't think Ezra could be shortened, either, now would you? Well, even as a tiny baby, dh and the older kids started calling him Ez. I hated it (as I am not a fan of nicknames), but it stuck.

We all call him Ez now. Ugh.

So really, you never can tell what name will end up with a nickname. :001_smile:

Colin Gregory.

If someone doesn't use it soon, it will have to be the protagonist in my future novel . . . lol

P.S. About nicknames: I've never been a fan. Never. We specifically chose our dc's names with that specification in mind. 2-3 syllables each. Only one even partly lends itself to a nickname. And yet, my second-born dc INSISTS on calling all of his siblings by the FIRST SYLLABLES only of their names. And they return the favor to him. So far, it's only inside the family, but it's actually cute and sweet among the siblings. :)

My dislike for nicknames fell away inside their relationship . . .

Edited by BamaTanya

I like:

Holden

Duncan

Trevor

William

Peter

Jordan

Elliot

Thaddeus

Nigel

Graham

I know some don't fit your needs, but I like these anyway and figured I toss them in there.

Good list! Elliot is my son's name and we get lots of compliments on it. I really also love Silas, Nigel, Simon, Liam, and Quinn. I think I should have been from England!

Why is this name making me think of The Love Boat?? :confused::confused:;)

This thread has been very helpful. We just found out last week we're having a boy. We have just been at a loss for names. When I read your comment, I wondered what you meant because I couldn't remember names from the Love Boat. Anyway, just a few minutes ago, I was running some of these name suggestions by dh and threw Gavin out there. He said, "Nah. That reminds me of The Love Boat." You're not the only one who thought that! :lol:

I vote for my second son's name: Milo. His nickname is Bubster Lewis 'cause he looked so much like a gangster as a fat little baby. But I doubt anyone else would get so dubbed!

I need to start my own thread looking for suggestions; I need the opposite type of name! I have a 3 syllable, soft, very french sounding last name which sounds weird with all the marvelous celtic-ish names listed here. I don't like meshing the 2 sounds together, kinda like how I could never eat taco pizza.

Colin Gregory.

If someone doesn't use it soon, it will have to be the protagonist in my future novel . . . lol

Wow, this is too funny. My very good friend just had a baby boy 2 months ago...and named him Colin Gregory. So, just be happy knowing that one baby boy did indeed get that very name! :001_smile:

Colin Gregory.

Wow, this is too funny. My very good friend just had a baby boy 2 months ago...and named him Colin Gregory. So, just be happy knowing that one baby boy did indeed get that very name! :001_smile:

I am THRILLED! Please tell her to take very good care of my boy, lol. My dh vetoed it THREE times. And, as much as I love my boys (and their names), it's a relief to know Colin has arrived safely. :lol:

Course, I may still use him in my novel . . .:D

Boy names I like with 2 syllables:

Eli

Moses

Adam

Olin (dh's grandfather's name)

Joel (I guess this could become Joe, but mostly Joels are called Joel here)

Noah

Amos

Aaron

Enoch

Joash

Joab

Levi

Amram (never can figure out why nobody uses this, Moses's father's name)

Simon

Jared

Jonah/Jonas (again Joe is a slight possibility)

Micah (Mike?)

Roman

Alec/Alex

I also like Jason, though there is a Jason in our hs group who gets called Jay.

Oh, I see three syllable names work too!

Jeremy, Isaiah

Edited by SnowWhite