Menu

What's one simple luxury you'd like to have?

That is an Ibanez Artist AR 300. This particular one I believe is from 1978. It is an AWESOME guitar!! The quality of the Japanese guitars from this era were not only right on par with their American counterparts, in some cases the quality of the craftsmanship actually exceeded their American counterparts. I couldn't afford an older Les Paul, but these Artist can still be had for around $1,500. which is cheap considering the craftsmanship, but still quite the pipe dream for me. :( sniff. My brother has an old Les Paul, it's worth quite a bit more than an Artist though. :)

When we got married, my dh and I walked in a music store and saw his Les Paul. It is a sunburst and that is about all I know. LOL I don't play, but he does (and has since he was just a kid). I love to hear him play...does that count? LOL I have no idea how old his Les Paul is, but I know it was in the 2-3K range because with the amp and all, we left the store that day with 5K worth of music goodies. Oh, to be "just married" (read -lots more money) again...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we got married, my dh and I walked in a music store and saw his Les Paul. It is a sunburst and that is about all I know. LOL I don't play, but he does (and has since he was just a kid). I love to hear him play...does that count? LOL I have no idea how old his Les Paul is, but I know it was in the 2-3K range because with the amp and all, we left the store that day with 5K worth of music goodies. Oh, to be "just married" (read -lots more money) again...

:) That's awesome! Don't ever let him sell it either. If he takes good care of it and keeps it in good condition it will just go up in value. I love LP's. They're great guitars! I would love to have the Ace Frehley one with the 3 pick up's. Those things are COOL!!, but unless I became suddenly wealthy, I will have to content myself with the possiblity that if I save enough *maybe* one day I could own and Artist. :)

These two "raisins on a plate", which were sucked out of me from ten years of breastfeeding, to be beefed up to a size B. Just a B.

Aaah, even if I did have the money, I'm not sure if I'd have the guts.

So maybe that's what I'd like - the guts to get a boob job. ;)

:) That's awesome! Don't ever let him sell it either. If he takes good care of it and keeps it in good condition it will just go up in value. I love LP's. They're great guitars! I would love to have the Ace Frehley one with the 3 pick up's. Those things are COOL!!, but unless I became suddenly wealthy, I will have to content myself with the possiblity that if I save enough *maybe* one day I could own and Artist. :)

Hey...ya never know! :)

Hey...ya never know! :)

True, sigh. But it would take me 8 or 9 years to save up enough money to buy one and this is if I was strict all those years and never spend a penny and just saved everything and I'm not that disciplined. I saved a year to get my RG550 and that was hard not spending any money for a whole year, but I did it and got my guitar and I love it, but I don't know if I couldn't spend ANYTHING for 9 years with only the *hope* that I would be able to get one, but I guess I will never know unless I try, no? ;) :p

Right now I'm frustrated because I can't download anything from Google books because we're not in the USA and they're concerned about copyright laws. I can read some online through Archive.org, but can't download.

I'd also love to have access to a good library - which means one with more than two of the books on the recommended lists for SOTW.

I dream about a full day at home all by myself....

But then I have a cleaner and gardener - here people employ someone even before they can afford internet access which is relatively expensive.

And we have a pool. So, I can't complain at all!!

I'd like to have someone help me dig up the two flower beds in our front yard. Well, that's not a simple pleasure, just something that needs to be done and I don't want to do it.

I'd like some time every week (maybe a bit every day) to myself to watch the Dr. Who series on dvd and knit.

These two "raisins on a plate", which were sucked out of me from ten years of breastfeeding, to be beefed up to a size B. Just a B.

Aaah, even if I did have the money, I'm not sure if I'd have the guts.

So maybe that's what I'd like - the guts to get a boob job. ;)

Oh, my! This made me giggle. I was thinking, but didn't have the guts to even post it, that I would want to get back my more northerly orientation. No way I'd have the guts to do it surgically, so I hear ya.

A really great cook who could come twice a week or so and who would while here prepare a couple of dishes that could be frozen and saved for another day. I don't mind cooking but I'm so tired at the end of a long school day that I would love to provide my family with healthy, delicious dishes that don't take me two hours (prep, cooking and clean-up) to do. We practice piano at night (1 hour with older dd and 30 min. with younger), girls take their baths and I still help younger one with hair and drying off, and we read together. There is only so much time in the evening before they need to be in bed. I feel more stress at this time than any other. A full day of school is easier than this.

Just dreaming a little.....:D

I finally thought of something better than intermittent wipers! I would love to have stereo speakers (or whatever we call them now) in the ceiling throughout my house. So when we're listening to an audio book, I don't have shout, "Pause it! I need to use the bathroom!" and then run to the bathroom and out again as fast as possible. Oooh. That would be wonderful!

I have a small house and small family, so the cook / house cleaner is not such a large need. But audio books everywhere! Oh, baby!

• 2 weeks later...
Someone to empty, organize, and put our house and garage back together in a place for everything and everything's in it's place kind of way. All the stuff we pack rat would be ebayed or donated since the idea of tossing it makes me shudder (What if we need that thing that we haven't used--or even seen-in 3 three years! or That's worth money! We need money so I'll keep it and eventually ebay it). My life would be streamlined to essentials. Heaven to imagine.

^ I could have written that! Glad to know I'm not the only one that shudders at those things, in a happy-I'm-not-alone way, not a happy-you-have-it-too way. ;)

While I'm at it, I saw that Nestof3 and Merry got to be greedy & list more than 1, so I get to also. :D I should send a copy to Santa, or walk across the main road & hand it to him.

1. Psychgal's Home/Life Organizer, once she's done - or a clone of the organizer would do - and maybe they should stick around to make sure the house doesn't get messy again. :)

2. jetted hot tub/sauna - an indoor set and an outdoor set

3. that massuesse (sp?) mentioned above

4. Those Pottery Barn shelves I posted on the curriculum board, all 3 sets

5. pottery barn stuff for the rest of the entire house

6. Granite - Emerald something or another, and one w/ blues. All throughout the house. Shoot, carve me some tubs and sinks out of the stuff.

7. Lipo, full body lift, and a safe way to be put under until recovery is complete (forget guts!)

8. for DH to not be on call all the time, or at least a predictable schedule

9. solar panels atop a large home on a mountaintop w/ a view of Mt. McKinley

10. willpower against the almighty chocolate

Umm... what was the original question again? Wasn't it something about "little luxuries"? lol Ok, ok, how about just a haircut and a pair of jeans that fit decently.

New clothes. Enough new clothes that I don't wear them out because I only have 2-3 outfits. That is usually what happens - my mother will buy me a couple of really nice outfits and they will get worn out because they are the only nice thing I have and I wear them several times a week. Within a year they are worn out.

And new underwear. That's high on my list right now!

Small 'simple' pleasures:

Clear skin :glare:

To lose about 40 lbs and not have flab...

To finally be a stay at home Mom...

Paint to finish painting the house...

A doggie - I think...

On the bigger scale:

I'd love to be able to fully furnish my home and decorate like I have in my mind. :001_smile:

Take wonderful family vacations. :auto:

Spoil my boy with all sorts of fun things and an awesome room.

To just be comfortable with paying all of the bills and having some extra... Not pinching pennies.

To be able to go ride horses whenever I wanted.

I'm sure I could think of some more... but I'll stop there! :D

I would like new floors. Our carpet is terrible. It is embarrassing.

:iagree:

My carpeting is thread bare with large areas of just the plastic backing showing.

I'll extend the wish to enough money to afford all of the repairs and cosmetic stuff our house needs and someone else to do it...so we can sell the house and get out of here.