Menu

What time do you get up in the morning? do you have an alarm clock?

I am a morning person, always have been. Unless I am sick or extremely overtired, I just wake up at 5:30-6 am, no alarm, and I'm ready to go. When I worked I used an alarm to get up at 5, but was annoyingly cheerful even then. It takes a great party or great book to keep my eyes open past 11pm.

DH is a night person. He could stay up til all hours if it weren't for his darn work schedule that requires he be up by 6am. He needs an alarm and 2 smacks of the snooze button to do that. And he is rather less than cheerful for the first couple of hours.

People really are different, and it's a lot easier to do the exercise-at-5am thing if you are a morning person. So don't sweat it, find you own rhythm.

I don't use an alarm clock unless I need to be somewhere early.

I wake up around 8:30-9:00am during the winter. I wake up between 6:00-6:30am during the summer. It's all about the sun. I'm noticing that my wake up times are getting slowly earlier.

Oh, and generally the entire family is awake before I am.

I get up between 6:30 and 7:00. I do not use an alarm clock, because my dh who is an early bird, and has been up for a couple of hours by then, wakes me up.

I takes me about an hour to be able to hold a conversation in the mornings, so I get my dc up around 8:30.

I meet a workout buddy 3 days a week so I use an alarm clock on those mornings - 4:45am. Ugh! The rest of the week I don't use an alarm and wake up when I am good and ready.

Also Imeverywoman...out the door at 4:30?!

Insanity. Simple insanity.

My baby gets me up around 6ish. I nurse and change him and hope he goes back to sleep. If he doesn't he at least lies next to me and talks to his fan friend (ceiling fan) for awhile until I can drag myself out of bed. My oldest ds is up between 8 and 8:30, and my middle ds will sleep until 9 or 9:30. He takes after his mama. :tongue_smilie: The only reason I'm up before 9 is because of the baby. I'm normal.

5am with alarm. I have a little quiet time, then I go work out. I used to clean the kitchen first thing, but that did nothing for me mentally and usually interfered with exercise. So, I try to get that done the night before (although I'm in bed before dh and oldest ds) or ignore what it looks like in the morning.

I don't use an alarm because I really need my sleep. But I am a morning person, so I wake up 6ish lately, and sometimes it will be 5. But I go to bed at 10pm (or earlier, so I can read).

I cant bear to wake to an alarm- it means I didnt get enough sleep if the alarm had to wake me.

I need that hour on my own. Dh wakes about 7- if he wakes earlier he knows not to disturb me till 7. We wake the kids on the way to the outdoor spa for our first cup of tea and our morning chat. I like our mornings :)

5:00 Monday through Friday. Oldest ds and I work out at the gym across the street 4 days a week. We don't exercise on Thursdays, but I still get up at 5:00 to grade papers and prepare to teach my writing class. Saturdays...whenever I wake up, usually around 7:00. Sunday at 6:30 so we can be out the door with all the kids by 8:15 for church.

DH wakes up about 5:30 with an alarm on his side of the bed that I never even hear. He goes about getting ready for work and his moving in and out of the bedroom, opening dresser drawers and closet doors, get me to mild conciousness. Once he starts blowdrying his hair, that's my signal to get up and make his lunch before he leaves around 6:30.

I WISH I was one of you who rise early to exercise. I need to, I should! I want to! But I have never been able to do it consistantly. :( Good for you all though, I'm jealous.

I wake up between 5 and 5:30 most days without an alarm clock. I wake DH up so he can get to work. One day a week I try to go back to bed after he leaves, especially when I have worked past midnight the night before. I need an hour or two to let the coffee sink in and make myself a nice breakfast before the kids wake up. I tried exercising in the morning, but my heart wasn't in it, and I knew I wasn't getting the workout I needed. I switched back to late afternoon workouts, which seem to make me very alert and cheerful through the whole dinner and getting the kids to bed part of the day.

I have 3 alarm clocks :) They are always up before I am but usually bug daddy first. I used to try and beat them up but it only made me grouchy in the afternoon. I am up by 7 during the week, earlier on the weekends for sports and church. I get "me" time in the evenings, they are at least in their beds reading by 7:30, lights out by 8.

I get up when dh gets up, usually between 4:00 and 5:00. Occasionally he sleeps in to about 6:00. The alarm clock is on his side of the bed, so if he hits snooze, I sleep more. I get his breakfast and pack his lunch, and that usually leaves me with a little quiet, meditation time before the kids come downstairs.

Janet

I get up around 7 to drive my teen to high school. I get back generally just before 8, put a kettle on, roust my younger son out of bed if he's not already out and get started with our school day. If we have time, we read first, then I get him started on his written work and go take my shower and get dressed. If we're heading out early in the day, then I start him on written work first, getting myself ready, then we read until time to leave. We have outside activities most days and generally eat lunch out, so we're usually out of the house by at least noon.

5:45, with an alarm (but I'm often awake already after getting up at this time for awhile). One of my New Year's resolutions was to get up by at least 6:00 without hitting the snooze at all (6 days a week)! (I had gotten bad about the snooze!) I've moved it back to 5:45 and am considering moving it back to 5:30. Even though I plan to add exercise in the mornings (at some point, hopefully soon!), I don't plan to try to get up before 5:30 because I don't want to have to go to bed before 10.

A good book for motivation to get up early is Shopping for Time.

Editing to say that the iPod alarm clock that dh gave me at Christmas really helps! The music is much more pleasant to wake up to and my body wasn't already trained to hit the snooze on this new clock.

Edited by profmom