Menu

What does your spouse call us?

LOL. I look forward to reading this thread!

DH refers to y'all in a couple of different ways:

My "peeps"

"The Ladies" (sorry, guys!)

And now he's always asking if "TEA" has been discussed recently....:lol:

Hans has never referenced this place. I doubt he ever gives a thought to the online world, which is a-okay with me. When I talk about this place or a certain person here, I just say something boring like, "Someone asked about this on the Well Trained Mind board." or "A friend of mine on the Well Trained Mind board said..."

I have some other online friends (gasp!) whom I've known on a much more intimate basis than this group ~ women I've "retreated" with in person a couple of times over the years. He knows most of those women by name though I still have to jog his memory a bit when I mention them.

Hans has never referenced this place. I doubt he ever gives a thought to the online world, which is a-okay with me. When I talk about this place or a certain person here, I just say something boring like, "Someone asked about this on the Well Trained Mind board." or "A friend of mine on the Well Trained Mind board said..."

I have some other online friends (gasp!) whom I've known on a much more intimate basis than this group ~ women I've "retreated" with in person a couple of times over the years. He knows most of those women by name though I still have to jog his memory a bit when I mention them.

Although I often tell him about various posts I find interesting, he never brings the boards up. Well, he has occasionally said something about that fiasco with JGEmom back on the old boards.

Michelle T

Mine calls you the Mind People. Someone else here once said that their spouse called us "your invisible friends." Anyone else?

Um, he calls us "The Drunks"..LOL. It is with love though. He is highly amused at all the Mikes talk around here. He says, "So that's how you manage everything."

:lol:

I don't think he's ever given this board a name but if he did I'm sure it would be something like "The Time Wasters"...:lol:

There are only 2 homeschool boards I frequent. He calls one the "Funky Bunch" and one the "Fundy Bunch."

A-Yup, although hubby has met a few people here. I got the best line out of my hubby at Crissy's house. He barely ever drinks, and knows very little about alcohol. When she asked him what kind of wine he liked, he said "the kind that tastes like fruit". Now whenever he is clueless about something requiring a choice, I tell him to "pick X....it is the fruity one."

:lol:

There are only 2 homeschool boards I frequent. He calls one the "Funky Bunch" and one the "Fundy Bunch."

Um. My kids have a name for this board, similar to one of yours. But I can't repeat it in polite company. Plus, The Mind People is pretty funny, so I'll stick with that one.

My husband says, "Honey, how are your friends doing today?"

So, thank you for being my friends!

Chelle

Your "Honey..." reminded me of this story. You know you're spending too much time on the boards when your son calls you from his grandparents house, and the first thing out of his mouth is, "How are The Mind People? Is everyone behaving themselves today?"

Your "Honey..." reminded me of this story. You know you're spending too much time on the boards when your son calls you from his grandparents house, and the first thing out of his mouth is, "How are The Mind People? Is everyone behaving themselves today?"

That is so funny! And yeah, I think it might be a sign, but just ignore it! I always do.

Chelle

A few years ago on the old boards one of the ladies here related a story about a math curriculum question she told her hubby she would pass along to us. She said he came home and asked something like, "So what did the homeys say about the math book?"

I forget who that was, but it always made me laugh. Now the Tall Bald Guy refers to you all as "homeys" and "The Homeschool Posse." Yo. :D

The Boards:D

When I first found the boards, I thought that "Hive" referred to the BORG. You know, like Star Trek, Seven of Nine and all that. And so did my family. One day when I mentioned "the board" my husband misheard me and thought I said borg; he paused, blinked, and said: "Resistance is futile."

My dh doesn't mention the borads either, though I talk about it to him and say "The WTM board". He's very supportive of me being here though!

My dd is the one that asks how "the Ladies" (again, apologing to the men here!) are doing today. She sometimes reads over my shoulder, then a couple of days later will asked what happened with so and so and what it was about. :D

He says your homeschool board. If I refer to anyone on the board as a friend he says "They aren't your friends, you don't really know them!" Oh well, if he only knew how much I've learned from this board and another that I frequent and the amount of money I've saved purchasing used curriculum and selling used curriculum. I would never have found out about paperbackswap.com if it weren't for the boards. That has allowed me to be able to use literature based programs like Sonlight where it wouldn't have been financially possible without it.

...I know he's referred to you all at least once (but probably not more than that, lol)...and I think he used "the ladies on your board", or "your board".

I think that's what I use, too, mostly. (Sorry, guys.) :blush:

But I've probably said 'invisible friends' or 'homeys' a couple of times, lol.