Menu

What's something you're happy about today. I'll go first..

Lynn in al

3 minutes ago, Lynn in al said:

Navy kid is officially on his way home.  I won't have to say goodbye and watch him walk away not knowing when I'd see him again.  My mom heart is full.🥲💕. Just a few more days.....

That must be a wonderful feeling!!! Military life is rough.

I’m so thankful for all my kids, but I’m so thankful I get to do the baby thing again. My 3 month old baby boy just has the very best snuggles. I love it and I can’t get enough!! I wish he would be this little always. His sweet smile melts me. He is the very best baby. I can’t even put into words the joy I have taking care of a baby again.

• Like 30

15 minutes ago, Lynn in al said:

Navy kid is officially on his way home.  I won't have to say goodbye and watch him walk away not knowing when I'd see him again.  My mom heart is full.🥲💕. Just a few more days.....

11 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

I’m so thankful for all my kids, but I’m so thankful I get to do the baby thing again. My 3 month old baby boy just has the very best snuggles. I love it and I can’t get enough!! I wish he would be this little always. His sweet smile melts me. He is the very best baby. I can’t even put into words the joy I have taking care of a baby again.

So happy for you both.

What a great thread. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Lynn in al said:

How exciting! My second to join the Army is just starting his military career and will be away at training all summer. I don't know that it makes *me* happy, but he's excited about it.

I'm feeling down today, but I'm excited about dd's upcoming dance recital and I'm happy for warmer weather and sunshine.

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, mom2scouts said:

How exciting! My second to join the Army is just starting his military career and will be away at training all summer. I don't know that it makes *me* happy, but he's excited about it.

I'm feeling down today, but I'm excited about dd's upcoming dance recital and I'm happy for warmer weather and sunshine.

I miss the dance recital days.  

• Like 2

Next weekend ds18 will be baptized and have his graduation and party. I’m so glad he’ll be done. He’s so ready to be independent. Dd20 will be home ( she did a May term and since she goes to school in Canada, we haven’t seen her since January). Working Ds22 will also be home. So all my chicks will be here. It will be loud and crazy, but good to be together!

Edited by freesia
  • Like 20

Today I feel like all my efforts to declutter, organize, and clean my house regularly have paid off. This year I've been focusing on getting rid of things, spending 5 minutes a few times a day tackling specific areas, and creating routines that keep things in order. It hasn't been perfect but every week I notice one thing that has changed. 

Today I was no longer overwhelmed by the house. I realized that my focused efforts have been paying off and changing my attitude about the house and responsibilities. I realized this because I walked in the bathroom that needed to be cleaned and instead of being annoyed I happily spent 5 minutes cleaning it and just continued on with my day. 

Edited by hjffkj
  • Like 28

I managed to get some healthier food cooked yesterday and today.  That's good because I'm slowly losing weight.

Things are actually growing in our flower gardens!!  I mean, things besides weeds.  IOW, we haven't killed off everything out there yet.  Only a few things.  😉  Dh and I have always joked about our black thumbs.  

It's so nice to be able to get outside and learn gardening without ticks and deer flies and horse flies and mosquitos.  I can work around the heat here, but I wouldn't be out there if we had ticks.  I'd take snakes, even, but not ticks.

Ds and I were coming back from the gym the other day and saw a tiny baby armadillo on the edge of the road.  He was SOOOOO cute.  Dopey, lost, stumbling around with his little nose stuck up in the air sniffing.  We slowed down and the lady behind us got out of her car and shewed him back into the woods. 

My Bible reading and studying is going well.  And it's nice having ds here to discuss things like that with me.

My kids are all healthy and doing well.  Oldest dd thought she got bitten by a tick, but turned out she sat down on a spider out in the woods.  (She's a park ranger in a national park.)  So that was a huge relief.  And kind of funny at the same time ... as she said, 'and she sat down on a spider'.  lol

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

We have a ton of paperwork to get help with medical bills for one of our family members (it's been an expensive few years, plus we are in the stage of having braces, wisdom teeth, etc. that just are NOT well-covered at all), and I ran into someone that can actually submit the paperwork for me in a way that will make it go a bit faster! I had questions and had my paperwork with me, and she even told me she could make copies and put the finished touches on it that I was going to do myself. It's such a relief!

• Like 19

My children are really stepping up and working as a team during this tough time (my mother is at the end of her life). 

I'm learning even more strongly how absolutely amazing my mother is.  I only knew a sliver and with every visitor to her bedside I'm hearing such marvelous stories. 

• Like 27

4 minutes ago, YaelAldrich said:

My children are really stepping up and working as a team during this tough time (my mother is at the end of her life). 

I'm learning even more strongly how absolutely amazing my mother is.  I only knew a sliver and with every visitor to her bedside I'm hearing such marvelous stories. 

That's wonderful.  ❤️ 

After my dad died, so many people told me about sweet things he had done for them that I didn't know about.  I didn't know until then how many lives he had touched in a positive way.  

• Like 14

Younger ASD child started university in February, has found a supportive friends group and is doing SO well!  I would not have predicted this 5 years ago when we were facing anxiety and depression - getting a diagnosis and ongoing therapy to learn social skills has really paid off.

Older Dd is also doing well with her studies and is happy as well.

• Like 12

The sun came out and Ds gets to go to the pool with his best friend this afternoon.

Dd is getting a much-needed nap. This spring has been crazy busy and she is tired! 

I can make dinner with what we have and do not need to go to the grocery. 

• Like 6

I ran into dh at the grocery store today. 🙂  Before I left this morning I took note that we were out of some things so I could pick them up on the way home.  When I popped in, there was dh with a basket of the items I had on my list, because he, too, woke up and saw we were out so thought he would run over to the store before work so I didn't have to worry about trying to get there myself.

It was something so small, but reminded me how awesome he is.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

I ran into dh at the grocery store today. 🙂  Before I left this morning I took note that we were out of some things so I could pick them up on the way home.  When I popped in, there was dh with a basket of the items I had on my list, because he, too, woke up and saw we were out so thought he would run over to the store before work so I didn't have to worry about trying to get there myself.

Dh and I sort of did that one day.  We both ended up going grocery shopping to take it off the other person's plate.  We of course didn't tell the other person.  I can't remember who got home first to find out that we had doubled the grocery budget for the week!  

• Like 6

SO and I just participated in our 2nd Ren Fest. We had a huge role in helping our Viking village come to life- which is just part of the cast. We had a very good reception from the public. The best part is that SO & I performed an Old English reading from the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle. He did the OE in armor with sword & shield. I did the English translation in character. There is a long backstory which I won't explain, but while we were performing I had this moment of extreme gratitude that I was able to do this with the man I love. 

We also helped build a few tents which us and a few other Viking cast members used for activities. This is a picture of our tent. 

AJFCJaXvNKsNQ3d9T7-cgv5namiHCUjh6HPCMjsJZuhAv_vjC8crsYM1dkDsGWhcz4kpIDEpbclnJjpqGTsAd79CCpcugoSsxJDO3qRv-2jQlWKl0Ps9fV7KBqBD8siNtQCZblZEw-gIp7e5TepXTJairJAdEzuj7ijMK_JHCKCjAKpmQblYzBpYXsUqLC1u1Fy6HvCV9hUfFNYg1Y_q41h-r6Qi1_E6XZBBsKAkEMJdNywPXHme5VcdE2pvGHiPm8GUJ2s-voNZ-M-LYhHITxzIN3e5RtFm-hBHwJ3R0pFWoy92eu35HrZeUTsr_sbg-oyIdlZ6HZujKOpYoLdBK9ce7ePG1FoKkR1Q59cMoJHNJDzWN2jh-dDMiqyJcHnrw9SEeNN_X55n7q3IMx_fljm3DEg8ky0v-t4e4bpskgbOBBGlx2PmVzh8YGKjbgZ0i9EAmCKmnWkEogXqOxKZl2ZVor83e5M1UUyh9PWFCyQHy1-y6I2mIK9LNhMkss2JYL_fdajUw-TGNNAha9VsIeDbGlC1HIpIw0G8FzalPFfiCj6OwbtuQ2uCRhsQkR3V_xJ-PQ9ATE3XUWrcg0_EXlJZhoBGbCeH42ptU5MuGuNyNB3pMeO5zXyUmdPIGBsvonLeRWNsN1AYlJh0PDcvyjVhE996PcKLC5jeoCYAm_rqgxox0BvogqepB3-FzBwwULHWCwPbXAt1MtTrMxZF3Gsvfk4np8ExPBU_sxsBMSyAosrG3nlnLBjrKRziFV5ngm9n6oRSkWJoEOvZzvAJhCXYA_38zTqE5PtGy8e9Rde4P1xkf9SYGGwBi2BYEI8hrUE_94APULMBPPYnO8F3_doXKFBNSQ7S53aMR2S0-kTCCT27mti1Vzuk6RASCiQpsyoJj05KL6n2pxukC6Z4DrIt7iQUJKOhOyb98ZWyBY8Mrg2Dxh1s1QsPFDMbNujPu72v8awTBgJaCzqCnxPvohkCn3gIKCbY4hwkgevWMWr3juCiSD1WirHEiiYC0IXdEEI=w1057-h1057-s-no?authuser=4

• Like 7

3 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

I love this!