Menu

It’s pi day. How are you celebrating?

Terabith

Well, every year my husband makes it more and more of a thing. We might have 11 pies. 🙄

I don't even really like pie. Dude is just a nerd about it and enjoys the challenge. Several spreadsheets were involved in coming up with perfect ratios for recipes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

It's just DD3 and me at home right now. I bought frozen Marie Callender's beef pot pies for dinner, and little personal fruit pies, and we'll watch some sort of "Pi for Kids" video on YouTube.

I got peach, cherry, and apple (because DS might possibly be home for dinnertime and I didn't want him to be left out), and will let her choose two of those for us to split.

• Like 3

PI day is muly ODD's favorite holiday. She was very upset that PI day landed on STEMcon day at school because she  couldn't wear her PI day dress. 

We are making 4 pies Cherry, Lemon meringue, Turtle, and Chocolate pudding pie.  

We read SIr Cumfrence and the dragon of PI.

Watch Donald Duck in Mathmagic land followed by Brillant Young Mind.

We have a Pi/Pie themed Playlist to listen to while we bake.

• Like 4

Last night I was making chocolate pie for a student (and dh) but had a major issue with the crust, so I hopped over to the grocery store and bought chocolate pie and a fried cherry pie for myself. 

Yesterday and today I told all of my online and in-person students a bunch of pi jokes. 

• Like 1

I made a no-bake peanut butter/cool whip/ cream cheese concoction in a premade graham  cracker pie crust. It was on Frugal Fit Mom’s kid-approved budget recipes video the other day and one of the kids asked. It’s pretty good, maybe a touch too sweet for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

I wish I had a cherry pie to eat entirely by myself. Not that I would but having the option is necessary for me today.

Yes, this. Blueberry for me.

I bought ingredients for chicken pot pie and blueberry pie. We usually read Sir Cumference, and watch pi videos.

Our observation of the day is postponed till tomorrow, though.

• Like 2