Menu

Free Covid tests: didn't arrive

TexasProud

So, I ordered the free Covid tests for me, as well as for my mom. I received mine within the week. My mom got an email saying the order was placed. But then she never got another email, like I did, saying it was shipping and here is the tracking number.  There isn't an order number or anything to reference. Does anyone know how we can check on the order?

8 minutes ago, regentrude said:

I ordered right when it opened, and mine took almost a month to arrive. How long has she been waiting?

We ordered on January 28th. 

4 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

I ordered the first day and only just got them a week or 2 ago.  Somewhere I read that they were going in order of places with higher rates or more at risk.  I don't know if that is true though.

Well, if that is true, that makes sense. She lives in the Metroplex and healthcare is much more available. My rural regional health area is the 2nd worst one for health issues in the state.  Just funny that I got mine in the boonies in under a week. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 7:34 AM, TravelingChris said:

The Binax I bought in early December is expiring in April.  

Check the manufacture date. They have been extending expiration dates as time goes by and they find the tests are still valid. Latest with Binax is 15 months from manufacture (there’s a good chance that tests bought in December still had six month expiration dates on them). 

29 minutes ago, KSera said:

Check the manufacture date. They have been extending expiration dates as time goes by and they find the tests are still valid. Latest with Binax is 15 months from manufacture (there’s a good chance that tests bought in December still had six month expiration dates on them). 

Thanks.  I decided to use on of the tests yesterday because I coughed up some yellow mucus in the morning.  I had no real symptoms of COVID and my allergens (mold has been high and now is moderate, and some tree, was moderate and is now low) have been a little bit bothersome. Plus on Monday, I was at Whataburger and a man coughed= I wasn;t very close and quickly changed to a much further away seat but thought there was no harm in testing. Of course, it was negative.  As dh has been saying, we don't have any idea if we have had asymptomatic at any time but ony one of us has gotten sick within the last 2 years of this pandemic and that was dh, plus dd1, ddsil1, ds, dddil, dgd1, and dg 2 in Sept.  Everyone except dh gpt tested with home testing and most with lab testing too- it wasn't COVID, nor the flu and based on symptoms, it was most likely RSV which was rampant in our area.