Menu

Thank you ***UPDATED***

Shoeless

Thank you, everyone. I deleted because I was feeling sad and vulnerable. 

I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers. It means more than you realize.

***Update***

My aunt passed away from non-covid pneumonia and complications of Parkinson's disease on Thursday.  We are all so sad without her. 

My dad is driving to NYC for the funeral. I really wish he wasn't, but it is what it is. 

Thanks.

Edited by MissLemon
  • Sad 50

Many (hugs)

I've said goodbye to two sisters.  When they died in hospital some loved ones came to "say goodbye" and some did not.  Either way everyone feels at peace with their decision.

I'm sad to hear that someone is pressuring your dad to be reckless instead of everyone encouraging him to remember the times they talked or saw each other in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Maybe offer to do a Zoom call, so your Dad can SEE what her bedside looks like, & can have that picture in his mind.

And yes, your extended family are in our prayers.  Such a tough time of year to be going thru all of this, as well.

Edited by Beth S
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MissLemon said:

I need to call my dad and say something to him, but I can't make myself do it. I am just mindlessly scrolling through Facebook and thinking how much I don't want to call. 

I think if you check the hospital visitation policy, you may find he wouldn’t even be allowed to see her should he arrive before she passes. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm so sorry. Holding your aunt, your dad, you and your sister in the light.

I agree about calling the hospital to confirm that he'd be permitted bedside even if he makes the trip.  As of this weekend, NYC cases are approaching its (extremely miserable) prior surge peak levels, and is lurching closer to mandatory closures by the hour.  Hospitalizations/deaths are nowhere near peak (which for NYC area was April 2020) and they're not currently at capacity. But given the transmission rates hospitals are likely to be stepping up visitation rules.

677180515_ScreenShot2021-12-19at5_50_46PM.png.75bb2803e8a04abb51075740c7e81f05.png

• Thanks 1

I will pray that God's will be done. I try not to ask for specific things. Your aunt might be unconcious, but she might still be able to hear him. Plus, many believe that when someone first passes, they can still hear those around them. Furthermore, it is about your dad being able to have peace in saying good-bye. My dad was unconscious when I got to the hospital to say goodbye. I have no regrets though that I was there. 

Sorry about all that you are going through. I think the needed prayers is peace and resolution for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Shoeless changed the title to Thank you
  • Shoeless changed the title to Thank you ***UPDATED***

**Update***

My aunt passed away from non-covid pneumonia and complications of Parkinson's disease on Thursday. We are all so sad without her. 

My dad is driving from Chicago to NYC for the funeral. I really wish he wasn't, but it is what it is. 

Thanks.

• Sad 11

3 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I’m so sorry about your aunt, and I hope your dad has a safe trip to and from NYC. Will he at least mask for everything? 

Sort of? He will mask in public and any place that asks him to, but he won't at my uncle's house or with people he trusts. 

Everyone is vaxxed and boosted, except for 2 or 3 people, who I am hoping stay home. 😞

Edited by MissLemon
  • Like 1