Menu

My new puppy therapy

Murphy101

Our older kitty died a month ago.  Our dog is a 14 year old deaf and blind mini poodle w arthritis and no teeth. Best. Dog. Ever. But he is so done doing anything other than sitting at our feet. And The Rabbit is a geriatric lion head bunny who rarely leaves his hatbox. 

So the local shelter advertised fixed, shots, heart worm meds, worm test, and chipping for a whooping $75. 

And we could not resist this 6 week old baby girl. We named her Cookie bc she’s so sweet. She’s the best therapy we’ve had since Covid hit.

4749D9B9-40E9-4182-91D9-2A41DCFBE696.jpeg

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 40
  • Thanks 6

• Murphy101 changed the title to My new puppy therapy

Y’all she’s a shar pei/terrier mix. Imagine all the wrinkly squishness but not so much that it’s just gross to keep clean in a pup that will probably be the size of a jack russel terrier when full grown. 

and at 6 weeks she is smart. She knows to be terrified of the rabbit. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

Y’all she’s a shar pei/terrier mix. Imagine all the wrinkly squishness but not so much that it’s just gross to keep clean in a pup that will probably be the size of a jack russel terrier when full grown. 

and at 6 weeks she is smart. She knows to be terrified of the rabbit. Lol

I was just going to ask what kind she is.  So cute.  

What a deal on the adoption fees. Wow.

We added a pandemic puppy too.  

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

I was just going to ask what kind she is.  So cute.  

What a deal on the adoption fees. Wow.

We added a pandemic puppy too.  

Right?! Normally the shelter and adoption places here start at $100-200. It’s nuts. 

But the local one says they are overrun so cats are 100% FREE including spat and shots. And dogs of any kind are down to $75 for that plus heart worm and chipping. 

We actually might get a second cat too. We fell in love with a kitty but she was a stray they just got today so she won’t be available for adoption until next week. Dh says he just might go back for her then.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Murphy101 said:

Right?! Normally the shelter and adoption places here start at $100-200. It’s nuts. 

But the local one says they are overrun so cats are 100% FREE including spat and shots. And dogs of any kind are down to $75 for that plus heart worm and chipping. 

We actually might get a second cat too. We fell in love with a kitty but she was a stray they just got today so she won’t be available for adoption until next week. Dh says he just might go back for her then.

Awwww.  Good for you guys rescuing them.  I am already assuming you are getting the cat.  😉   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Awwww she is precious.  Is this the one you were looking for obedience training?

Nope. One of my son’s roommates brought a Labrador into their house presuming I would train it for them and I was a hard pass. But recommended boarding school. LOL

43 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

What a doll!  ❤️

But I am kinda sad that your dog of "lube the dog" fame is getting past his prime.  💓

Us too. My husband and I still sometimes joke with me asking him if he loves me as much as Chip the dog. LOL

I kinda feel bad for any other dogs we will ever have bc Chip really is the best dog ever.  But lil Cookie here is sure getting lots of love. 

She wouldn’t sleep in her crate last night howled from midnight to 1am before I could take it anymore and brought to my room in hopes that would help. It did not. By 3am we were both sleeping in my bed. My alarm went off at 5:30 and I jumped up to get pants and shoes to take her out but not before she peed the bed. LOL. So laundry done and now I’m looking for puppy training pads but I can’t find the kind I used to train other dogs years ago. 

I do NOT want them to be odor control. They used to make some with an attractant in it. I place it by the back door and when she just doesn’t make it, I take the pad to the tree area outside so that their poo and pee is there for them to know that’s where it belongs. That’s worked with all my other dogs. But I my amazon search isn’t pulling any of them up. I don’t really expect it to work this week or month but I’m a fan of starting how we plan to end. 

Currently she is burrowing under my shirt bc the vacuum is going and apparently it scares her. 

• Like 2