Menu

Could you pray for my friend?

Chris in VA

Just found out my dear friend is in the hospital. She is in surgery for two brain tumors. They are not telling many people. This woman has been such a fabulous friend. She attends the church we left after 17 years, and we are just very dear to each other. She completely accepts all my quirks, thinks I'm funny, is incredibly compassionate, is prayerful/wise/playful/ and so supportive. When she knew I was so homesick, she texted me every day when she woke up and we just chatted for a few mins. She is tender and motherly, and oh, I really love this woman. 

Thanks for praying. The surgery will be 4 hours and they will try to get most of the tumors. Results won't be back for 10 days. 

Update: It is glioblastoma. 😞

I was able to talk with her via video chat last week. I talked yesterday for two hours with our mutual friend and got the information. Continued prayers would be appreciated.  

Edited by Chris in VA
  • Like 3
  • Sad 15

On 12/29/2019 at 3:55 PM, Chris in VA said:

She is awake but not very coherent.  Dr is saying months of recovery, even if no cancer, so idk if her brain was damaged by the tumors or what. 

Thx for praying. I really appreciate it. Going to place her in Jesus' arms and try to sleep. 

Any more news? Hoping for a thorough recovery.

She woke up more and seems more like her old self, according to a friend who spent a good 4 hours with her. She has moved out of ICU. Going to a rehab hospital most likely. I haven't been able to contact her yet. 

I remain grateful for your prayers. Thx for letting me ask you, and for responding so kindly. We will know Thurs or Fri if there is brain cancer. 

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Oh Chris, glioblastomas are so scary and tenacious. We had a young homeschool mom friend who lost her battle with them last year, after several surgeries and therapies to keep them at bay.  It can be survivable but it’s a frustratingly persistent cancer.  How is your friend’s family coping at the moment?  What can we pray for?

She is stage 4, with a 6mo survival rate of 50%. So, maybe prayers that she will have time to make good memories with her 5 grown kids and 6 grands, and also that her family be able to support each other. On a rather selfish note, I would like to be able to see her before she dies. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Chris in VA said:

She is stage 4, with a 6mo survival rate of 50%. So, maybe prayers that she will have time to make good memories with her 5 grown kids and 6 grands, and also that her family be able to support each other. On a rather selfish note, I would like to be able to see her before she dies. 

prayers that this will happen.  hugs.

• Like 1