Menu

GAH! House sale is completely stressing me out!

DawnM

36 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

I don’t  think you have to bring it all up to code, but generally speaking your have the ethical obligation to include big issues in the listing disclosure statement if you know about it. 

Dawn, they need to provide you with an actual full copy of that report, not just paraphrase statements or excerpts. 

We have it.  

We had a contractor come out today and give us his opinion.  He just left.  

Realtor is going to offer our cash back request TODAY.  I emphasized it for today and NO to any extensions.  We simply can't.

And we can go more than $5k.  I think we can do $8k, but I need to sit down with the numbers.

Edited by DawnM

17 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Call their bluff. 

Between the check bouncing, delaying getting in contact with you and asking for absurd things; I am thinking they didn’t win that lotto to buy the house. Or they discovered they didn’t have a rich uncle Ted in Africa who died and left them a check ( amazing how many still fall for this).  

Honestly with all of this, I'd walk away from them and I'd call the broker, not useless agent, and tell them what's going on and why you are walking from this and never want to deal with that agent again.  This is all beyond ridiculous and sounds like just more nightmares to come if you go this course.  I wouldn't put up with any of it for even one more day . Take it off the market for a month and then put it back on with a new agency and agent.

I'm so sorry it's getting so rough and stressful.

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

Honestly with all of this, I'd walk away from them and I'd call the broker, not useless agent, and tell them what's going on and why you are walking from this and never want to deal with that agent again.  This is all beyond ridiculous and sounds like just more nightmares to come if you go this course.  I wouldn't put up with any of it for even one more day . Take it off the market for a month and then put it back on with a new agency and agent.

I'm so sorry it's getting so rough and stressful.

No, I will see if we can get this sold through this current sale without any more issues.

If you followed my saga at all, you know we have two full storage units with our stuff in it, have already found another house, and that it took 30 people looking at my house trash talking the layout to get it to this point.

When you have it on the market longer and longer people think something is wrong with it.  

I am not willing to pay $300/mo for storage, live without my stuff, keep the place immaculate with 3 boys now home, and start all over again.  I am just not.

Either this sells or we just stay here until youngest graduates high school and we start all over again later.

This is just WAY too much stress.

And I start back to work Aug. 16th, so taking it off the market for a month, putting it back on, means I will be doing everything while back at work for a new school year.  No thank you.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, DawnM said:

She called me back almost in tears telling me that she is working her a** off for me, and the other realtors are so bad she is doing their jobs too, and that she has a LIFE!  She has car repairs and doctor's appointments, blah blah blah.  I was shocked.   SO UNPROFESSIONAL!  And she said it a few times.  I did make a comment to the extent of, "Right now we are in crisis time-framing and your life should be about this sale."

I

This woman is delusional if she thinks what she has been doing is working her a## off.  She can have a life all day long if she takes pride in her work and does it well.  Otherwise, she is going to be out of this field, and frankly, the sooner the better.  She is not doing her job, and has no concept of professionalism.  Really quite remarkable.  Glad you are standing fast.

• Like 4

On 6/19/2019 at 11:20 AM, Catwoman said:

People don’t seem to like FSBO listings where we live, either, so I don’t know much about how it works. 

Scarlett, how do you get people to know your house is for sale? Most people seem to go to Realtor.com or a similar site, and it seems like all of the for sale listings are all listed by Realtors. Can a homeowner list a house on any of the popular sites? I remember you said you had your house on the Make Me Move part of Zillow, but could you also list it as being For Sale?

Sorry to be so clueless!  🙂

Some have sold around here.  We were never in a condition to do that since we were always moving and had very limited time to select and put in an offer for a house. (limited like days).  I don't think we would consider now either because just too much work.

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Apparently she DOES have time for us after all 🤣

DH and I have told her 3 times yesterday that we are DONE and perhaps we should just let the buyers walk away and take if off the market and stay here until our son graduates high school in 3 years.

We are now some sort of priority. Fancy that.

I have special powers.

BAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

20 minutes ago, DawnM said:

UPDATE:

DH and I have told her 3 times yesterday that we are DONE and perhaps we should just let the buyers walk away and take if off the market and stay here until our son graduates high school in 3 years.

I have special powers.

BAHAHAHAHA!

Yes! Your special powers are making sure she doesn’t make any money on the sale of two homes unless she gets off her lazy butt and does her job for a change!!!

• Like 6

On 6/20/2019 at 1:57 PM, DawnM said:

We have it.  

We had a contractor come out today and give us his opinion.  He just left.  

Realtor is going to offer our cash back request TODAY.  I emphasized it for today and NO to any extensions.  We simply can't.

And we can go more than $5k.  I think we can do $8k, but I need to sit down with the numbers.

Did you hear back on the offer? Keeping fingers crossed for you.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Valley Girl said:

Did you hear back on the offer? Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Yes.  They countered for a bit more and we accepted.  It is DONE.  We have the sale.

Whew!  

I was so shocked they got back to us so soon.  I just figured they would take a few days and keep us stressed.

• Like 28

26 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

YES!!!!!

I'm still dizzy over how quickly you went from idea to sale.  Meanwhile I'm still on my couch thinking that maybe I should paint my kitchen.  If you bottle your determination you can take my money.

This last 2 months has been a whirlwind.

1. Dad was in the hospital.  I went to visit him in Arizona.

2. I took the test for my National Boards certification.

3. I got the house on the market and sold

4. Some other extended family drama I can't really get into on a public forum

5. End of year testing and such at work

6. Got both kids from their colleges and home for the summer

There might be more, but that is what is coming to mind.  I am exhausted.

And I need to work really hard this weekend to get the rest of the stuff out of here that we can and start cleaning things up.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

Yes.  They countered for a bit more and we accepted.  It is DONE.  We have the sale.

Whew!  

I was so shocked they got back to us so soon.  I just figured they would take a few days and keep us stressed.

I wonder if they were not the ones failing to get back with you so soon....or if you realtor wasn't getting/returning messages in a timely manner.

• Like 6

Just now, Ottakee said:

I wonder if they were not the ones failing to get back with you so soon....or if you realtor wasn't getting/returning messages in a timely manner.

Or their realtor.  I just haven 't had much faith in realtors lately!  Theirs isn't good either.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DawnM said:

And I need to work really hard this weekend to get the rest of the stuff out of here that we can and start cleaning things up.

Don't forget your most enjoyable trip to DC.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

YES!!!!!

I'm still dizzy over how quickly you went from idea to sale.  Meanwhile I'm still on my couch thinking that maybe I should paint my kitchen.  If you bottle your determination you can take my money.

omg... are we related.  I wish I had lots of energy and determination.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DawnM said:

Whew!  

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news.  Glad *that* part is over. hugs

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DawnM said:

UPDATE:

I have special powers.

BAHAHAHAHA!

I joke like that all the time now.

Really hoping it all works out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Don't forget your most enjoyable trip to DC.  🤣

I knew there was more!  Oh yes, the relaxing trip with 200 eighth graders.

(My friend said, "If you are doing DC with 200 eighth graders, you are doing DC WRONG!"  hahaha

• Haha 6

It is getting real.

Pool is being repaired this week.

I just called all of our electric, gas, trash, cable companies, and am calling insurance to change that.

And sellers agreed to let us move everything into the large garage starting Sat morning!  YAY!

• Like 17

1 minute ago, DawnM said:

It is getting real.

Pool is being repaired this week.

I just called all of our electric, gas, trash, cable companies, and am calling insurance to change that.

And sellers agreed to let us move everything into the large garage starting Sat morning!  YAY!

When are you closing?  Should you have any special insurance on your stuff if it's being stored there before you own the house and insurance takes effect, just in case of theft or fire or something?  Rare, but it's happened....

• Like 1

Just now, klmama said:

When are you closing?  Should you have any special insurance on your stuff if it's being stored there before you own the house and insurance takes effect, just in case of theft or fire or something?  Rare, but it's happened....

They will carry insurance until closing on Mon.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vonfirmath said:

Make sure your home insurance will cover your items stored in someone else's garage. Usually you would need rental but given the sale situation it might be fine.

Yes, this is what I meant.  Their homeowners policy covers their things, but will it cover yours?  It's worth checking with your own agent to find out if your policy will cover your things while in storage there, if their policy should cover it (and if you are told it should, to ask the current owners to verify), or if you would need a separate short-term policy, in case of some kind of claim.

• Like 1

Scratch ALL of that.....the sellers have changed their minds and we just got word this morning that they are not letting us into the garage at all. 

So, now we need to decide on another unit or a truck.  

ARGH!

Adding:  We are asking them if we can at least put out our outdoor furniture near the pool area as those are space hogs in the storage unit (wrought iron table and chairs, fire pit, pool box, and some random wicker items.)

Edited by DawnM
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Well that’s annoying, but they probably got concerned about liability or it making their own move more difficult.  I hope they’re flexible about the outdoor furniture, at least!

Yes, she said the more she thought about it, the more she stressed about getting her stuff out and she needed the garage space to get her stuff out.

They said yes to the outdoor furniture and stuff.  We will take it over Sat or Sun.  That isn't in our way inside, so it can stay out over here for now.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DawnM said:

She also asked if she can leave us more furniture than we asked for, no additional charge.  We said yes, we will take whatever, most of it is pretty nice stuff.

That is nice.  Then you can see what you want where and anything extra you can bless someone else with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ottakee said:

That is nice.  Then you can see what you want where and anything extra you can bless someone else with.

Yeah, I have already texted a friend letting her know that if there is anything we don't want I will let her get first pick.

• Like 4

This is where an adulting group like boy scouts would come in handy. You're earning your "I sold a home, yea!" badge. We should be able to wear them on sashes. 

I admit to getting twitchy whenever I see someone loading or unloading a UHaul. I think there should be a solidarity wave too when you come across people going through a similar situation. 

I'm sorry you've had a crappy realtor. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mom0012 said:

What about one of those pod storage things? I’ve seen them on people’s yards, They store their stuff in them and then when you go to move, I think you just move the whole pod?

It is too late anyway, but they are very pricey.    We would have needed several.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:16 PM, DawnM said:

Woah.  You gotta start drinking or something.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, school17777 said:

You could have bought yourself a cookie on your DC trip!

Sigh, unfortunately I was with 200 eighth graders and a couple bosses.  I would have been fired.  But maybe next time, when I go without a bunch of kids.

5 hours ago, Seasider too said:

A trip within a trip. 

I certainly might have enjoyed the trip better!  That was the most UN-relaxing trip I have ever been on.  It was freezing cold, snow still in places, I got very little sleep, and I thought I was going to punch our guide when she decided to go off-script and take us to two additional places one day, in opposite directions, when I was already in such pain from all the walking.