Menu

Clubs?

I know there are bugs to still work out but just wanted to post that clubs are not working properly.

I've been added to clubs I didn't join. Some of them are private and personal and while I'm not reading them I'm sure the people in those groups feel a bit exposed. 

As for the clubs I actually do belong to, they're not accessible. I get a message saying there is a problem, we could not the item you are trying to view. 

I also can't find the one club I run. Every time I try to sort by name, which would be the easiest way to find it without the search feature working, it automatically goes back to latest activity. 

When I click on Clubs, it lists a kajillion clubs - but it's not clear I'm officially a member of any of them?  How do you tell which ones you're listed as a member of vs. just browsing?  Oh, duh, just noticed the list on the right side.  Yeah, I'm not actually a member of any of the clubs that are under "My Clubs" and the two I regularly post in are absent.

I was a member of a bunch of clubs, but really only two of them are currently active.  One of them shows up right at the top of the "All Clubs" list - twice! - but has no content I can see.  The other one I can't find but there are at least 10 pages of clubs so maybe it's hiding somewhere.

1 hour ago, Matryoshka said:

When I click on Clubs, it lists a kajillion clubs - but it's not clear I'm officially a member of any of them?  How do you tell which ones you're listed as a member of vs. just browsing?  Oh, duh, just noticed the list on the right side.  Yeah, I'm not actually a member of any of the clubs that are under "My Clubs" and the two I regularly post in are absent.

I was a member of a bunch of clubs, but really only two of them are currently active.  One of them shows up right at the top of the "All Clubs" list - twice! - but has no content I can see.  The other one I can't find but there are at least 10 pages of clubs so maybe it's hiding somewhere.

Browse>Clubs >My Clubs column on the right.

I also cannot access the clubs, including the one I started (The Literary Hub). Also, like others, I am listed for clubs I don't belong to, yet not for the ones I do belong to.

When I first set up the Lit Hub group there were many problems with settings so I ended up "deleting" the original group and recreating it. I am guessing that is why two Literary Hubs are showing up. Any way to remedy this?

Also, will we have same settings re: private vs. public groups, how members are invited/added, etc...?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OtherJohn said:

Can you tell me what clubs you did join?

I don't really remember the names of the ones I was in, because I haven't been active in them for a while. But when the clubs were still listed and I could see the members but not the posts, I realized that the list of members did not match the title. Like the club called Seeking Jesus from Age to Age, which I was supposedly the leader of, actually included a lot of people who are atheist or agnostic, many of whom joined the same day the social group was formed.

It occurred to me that the problem may be that the wrong title is being applied to actual clubs, not that people were being assigned to totally random clubs. Like the one that got labeled Seeking Jesus may actually be a group for 2E kids or interest-led learning, or something like that, based on the members who are listed in it and the fact that I did actually start a group like that. So maybe you can look into whether something went wrong with the titles rather than the membership?

• Like 1

Clubs I’m supposed to be a member of (I’m not currently listed as a member of any of these of these, this is not a complete list, and not the exact names)

WTM Politics

LDS Homeschoolers 

Global Citizens

Literary group

Club I started (I can’t access this one):

WTM Politics

Clubs I’m assigned to (I joined none of these):

Homeschooling with mental illness

Vegetarian and vegan

Hampton Roads home educators

ADD Moms 

2016 Project 366

I don't remember what ones I was put in incorrectly and can't look for them while they're down, I guess?

I was in the politics group, Teen Aspies, and a couple others that I can't remember at the moment. (that's embarrassing). I think some of them weren't very active.

ETA:  I think I was in the SciFi club too.

ETA Again because I realized I can see the clubs from my profile:

I'm in, but shouldn't be:

Vegetarian and Vegan
International Homeschoolers
RFWP Valley Forge Conference
Narcissistic Personality
Non-Believers and Questioning - I think I may have actually been in this one at one point
Tardis
Paleo
Parenting Accelerated Learners - I may have been in this one too.

ETA Again!:  Looks like someone wants us all to become vegetarians!

I was subscribed to WTM Politics, Middle and High School Learning Challenges, and Moms of Kids with Autism (not sure I have that last name right). There were also a couple of others I don't remember clearly or don't need to rejoin.

I'm now assigned to Praying for our adult children, Vegetarian and vegan, and Instant Pot WTMers.

Thanks so much for the help!

Edited by Innisfree
Punctuation

5 hours ago, Danae said:

I had that same thought, based on the fact that I had the same number of clubs.

From what people have listed so far I'm guessing WTM Politics became Vegetarian and Vegan and Sci Fi Books became Parenting Accelerated Learners.

This is true for me too. 

Club/Social Group you were subscribed to:

Literary Hub
Vegetarian one (that was started recently)
Minimalism one

Club/Social Group you started:

Literary Hub (this was a private group)

Club you are now subscribed to that you never joined:

Pregnancy without Drama (No! Just no! I'm way too old for that, lol.) 8-p

• Like 1

I am an active member of:

- WTM Politics

- LitHub

I started one:

- EDS parents  (or something similar to that - it gets almost no traffic)

I also was/am a member of a bunch of other social groups that are either defunct or semi defunct and I don't know what they're all called because there's no way to see what social groups I have been assigned to while they're turned off... ;)

7 hours ago, Danae said:

I had that same thought, based on the fact that I had the same number of clubs.

From what people have listed so far I'm guessing WTM Politics became Vegetarian and Vegan and Sci Fi Books became Parenting Accelerated Learners.

The Politics showing up as Vegetarian and Vegan sounds right for me. Although currently it’s the only one showing for me and I was a member of two or three others whose names I can’t recall.

Club/Social Group you were subscribed to:

Literary Hub

Gamers Table (or something like that)

one more whose name I no longer recall

Club/Social Group you started:

None

Club you are now subscribed to that you never joined:

NaNoWriMo

Parenting Accelerate...

Regards,
Kareni

Fyi, to see the club or clubs I'm currently listed in, I can find it under my profile setting. If I go to Profile on the pull-down menu, there is a tab for "Activity" and one for "Clubs". That is where I am seeing the club(s) I am supposedly (but not really) in....

Is there a more confidential way we can tell you the clubs we're part of, instead of listing it all here?  I'm not so opposed to just listing it here, but thought overall it might be nicer for everyone to be able to let you know confidentially.

• Like 2

Thanks to Stacia for providing the helping hand.

The site says I am a member of the Draconian Homeschooling group which is true but that group has been inactive for years. 

The display indicates that I am a member of the Vegetarian/Vegan group which is not the case.

More importantly I am *not* listed as a member of the Literary Hub and WTM politics.

I am suddenly a member of :

Chinese Homeschoolers

Pregnancy without Dr

Fiesta Texas Peeps

Current Events

I'm NOT interested in these clubs.

I used to be a member of:

Literary Hub (active and I really, really miss it)

Minimalism

Classical Unschoolers, or something like that

and several others that I can't remember.

I don't mind those other clubs (they were not active anymore), but would really like to return to Literary Hub.

Clubs I subscribe to:

The Literary Hub

WTM Politics

Parenting Adult Children

Atheist and Non-believers support (or something like that)

One about children with mental illness whose exact name I can't remember

There are other groups I'm in but I don't remember their names and never visit them anyway,

Club I started:

I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember the exact name but it's something about Instant Pot. As far as I know it's the only one with that name in the title. It's not very active anymore.

Clubs I'm  now subscribed to but never joined:

Vegetarian and Vegan - no avatars shown

Divorce Support Group - I see the avatars of a bunch of people, at least 2 of whom I know outside WTM and know they are neither divorced nor about to be divorced.

Full-Time Rving - Traveling - no avatars shown

One with a name that's just a period. Really. A dot. It says it has 2 members but again I see the avatars of a bunch of people, some I recognize.

editing to add the atheist group - thanks OUAT for reminding me

Clubs I do not belong to:

Divorce Support Group

International Homeschoolers

and a club that appears to be represented by a period. (.)

Club I want back in: Literary Hub

Club I started: I can't remember the name, lol, but I think it is called Nonbelievers or Atheist Support Group. It was private.

• Like 1

I was in:

WTM Politics

Christian group - don't remember the exact name

Literary Hub (I think that's the name, I had recently joined a book related group)

I was also in a few I never participated in, but I don't remember which ones, other than one was a Charlotte Mason group.

I started:

Moms w/teen Aspies

I cannot get to any type of club listings at this time, so I do not appear to be in any clubs right now.  I was in several incorrectly when we first came online (I remember a vegan group but not any of the others).

3 minutes ago, OtherJohn said:

Hey all, I just turned back on clubs, please test them out.

Report back here if they are good or not.

John

Excellent!

I am in all of the correct clubs and am not in any I should not be!

I found them under profile, browse, clubs and then filtered to "My clubs" in case anyone else is looking!

Thank you so much, Other John!

5 minutes ago, OtherJohn said:

Hey all, I just turned back on clubs, please test them out.

Report back here if they are good or not.

John

I may have spoken too soon - it doesn't appear that any of the old content is there (under topics) . Is this still a work in progress or do we need to start from scratch, or do I need to look somewhere else?

I'm having the same issue as Matryoshka (in the Literary Hub).

I'm trying to figure out how a thread was able to start on the political group.

Plus, my group is supposed to be private. Will that be fixed?

I manage the group & cannot see the members or do anything as far as "managing" the group at this point.

And, there are two Literary Hubs showing up. One has one member (me) that I tried to delete when first starting. Can that one be removed altogether? We need to keep the one that has over 50 members.

Glad clubs are closer to being back but I'm very confused right now!

Thanks.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Amira said:

Any word on club privacy?  Has anyone been able to change their settings for that?

I haven't.

As the club creator, I can't do anything w/ the club other than modify the description of it. I don't see anything about membership, privacy settings, or anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stacia said:

I haven't.

As the club creator, I can't do anything w/ the club other than modify the description of it. I don't see anything about membership, privacy settings, or anything.

Same here.  It’s nice to at least be able to post, but especially since our club topic is banned from the regular boards, we need our posts to be private so people aren’t having to read through them in new content and so our members feel free to post.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OtherJohn said:

Hey all club owner, see if you have ability to moderate your club now.

I see a "Manage Club" button on the far right.

It allows me to add a new Topic tab, add an advertisement, or modify the club description. That's the full extent of things I am able to do on there.

I still have no way to set privacy, moderate members in any way, or invite/delete members. I don't even see a list of members. (And my club is still showing as public in the club list when it's supposed to be private. There's no setting or area where I can change that.)