Menu

update: I got accepted!!!!

Kim in Appalachia

I wish I'd known about this job when I chose a career. I bet I am older than you, but I'd love to do this. I penciled it all out 2 years ago, but our time, money, and energy was spent on our last child at home. We got him in college classes and those paid off big, so I don't regret it. Still, in a perfect world, we could have both been taking classes. 

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!!!

:hurray:

:party:

Congrats! Are you considering going for your master's at some point? FWIW, I hear rumors that OT may require a clinical doctorate in the near future (like physical therapy and audiology have already switched to) so that's something to keep in mind when deciding on your goals. Those with current certification will be "grandfathered" in when the academic requirements change.

• Like 1

:party:

Congrats! Are you considering going for your master's at some point? FWIW, I hear rumors that OT may require a clinical doctorate in the near future (like physical therapy and audiology have already switched to) so that's something to keep in mind when deciding on your goals. Those with current certification will be "grandfathered" in when the academic requirements change.

While that an option for me, it's not something I am considering.  I'll be turning 50 by the time I finish this job.  We have 3 more kids to get through college and the cost and time commitment for a bridge masters program would just be not doable.  Nor do I think at my age do I want to do that.  I'm kind of looking forward to doing the level of work that the OTA does compared to the OT.  The OT evaluates and writes the plan.  It's a lot of paperwork.  I want the hands on at this point in my life. :D  My dh did say, that if I wanted that extra degree later he would totally support that.  We'll see.

• Like 1