Menu

More baby prayers needed

JustEm

I'm sitting at home waiting for my mom to pick the kids up so I can go to the hospital. My blood pressure is through the roof and seeing as I've had preeclampsia before it is time to get monitored. My Dr is sending me over after finding protein in my urine at my prenatal appointment.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers for you and your little one.

With all these baby difficulties on the board this week, I'm incredibly grateful for how far our medical knowledge and technology has come.

(I'm also starting to feel slightly paranoid regarding the welfare of my own little munchkin! )

Edited by maize
  • Like 3

(I'm also starting to feel slightly paranoid regarding the welfare of my own little munchkin! )

Well yeah. So yesterday when I felt a little off I thought I was just being paranoid because of the other board members. But sure enough my blood pressure was alarmingly high but would go down if I relaxed. Today it isn't doing that.

Dh and I are currently stuck in traffic on our way to the hospital

• Like 1

Well yeah. So yesterday when I felt a little off I thought I was just being paranoid because of the other board members. But sure enough my blood pressure was alarmingly high but would go down if I relaxed. Today it isn't doing that.

Hope all goes well for you!

(I've had a blood pressure monitor sitting in my amazon cart since yesterday; your story might just push me to click that buy button. I'm feeling fine and just had a midwife appt. yesterday, but no reason not to be cautious, right?)

How many weeks are you (might be in your sig, but I'm on my phone)? Hoping you get reassurance at the hospital.

38 weeks today. Funny thing is, 8 years ago today I was being released from this hospital with my firstborn who was born at 38 weeks because of preeclampsia.

• Like 1

Just waiting for bloodwork to come back. My blood pressure seems to have gone down and baby looks good. No idea why it would be so high for so long and just be normal again out of the blue. I spent all day yesterday relaxing and it still stayed high.

Mine did that, especially with my last one. I was tested for preeclampsia three times because it would be high, then go back down. The third time I decided to induce rather than going home to do another 24 urine catch. I'm sure it would have been positive if I had done it.

I hope your labs are all good and your little one can hang in there a little longer.

One other thing--are they checking your BP while having you lay down in L&D? That can bring your BP down, but it's sort of artificial because as soon as you're up and around again it can go back up.

I was lying down but now I'm sitting up again and it's still normal. I'm sure it'll get high again once I'm up and moving. But if the bloodwork looks good they'll send me home

• Like 2

I was also wondering if you've checked your cuff against theirs. Could it be as simple as the batteries being low in yours? (Hopeful thought)

No, because my was plugged in. Also, it was high at the drs office and when they were checking me introduce the hospital. So it was certainly alarmingly high, it just didn't stay high.

I'm heading home now with instructions to keep monitoring it, watch for other symptoms, and rest.

• Like 6

No, because my was plugged in. Also, it was high at the drs office and when they were checking me introduce the hospital. So it was certainly alarmingly high, it just didn't stay high.

I'm heading home now with instructions to keep monitoring it, watch for other symptoms, and rest.

I'm glad you're able to go home. Get lots of rest! (((HUGS)))

I felt like a hypochondriac multiple times at the end of this pregnancy, but I told my mom at 28 weeks I just felt like something wasn't right and I didn't think I'd make it to full term smoothly.

I'm never doubting those mommy instincts again and you shouldn't either. They're powerful and I firmly believe God gave them to us for a reason.

What a crap time for all of us! I'm praying you don't end up with pre e again. It's made me very miserable the last 24 hours.

Crappy indeed, more so for you and happypamama. Sorry you're miserable. I hope it gets under control soon and you can be with your little man soon.

Oh and I will certainly not doubt my mommy instincts.

• Like 1

Praying for you and baby as you rest! We have very close due dates I think (I'm due the 4th) and I'm so sorry you're having these complications! All these baby issues here are making me nervous as well and I feel for all you mamas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BrittanyM
  • Like 2