Menu

Fun little test...

...when I became a vegetarian, people used to ask me, "But you still eat chicken, right?" :lol:

Lol! I'm no longer a vegetarian, but was for many years. I heard that line (and "but you eat fish, don't you?") so many times! ... Of course, in recent years I've known many people who self-identify as vegetarians who do indeed eat chicken, fish, or even beef and other meats when they choose too... um....

Okay, I did the exercise and am posting my response before reading everyone else's. When I got to the 5 seconds part, I purposely kept saying SIX, knowing it would change to s*x if I wasn't careful. Sure enough, I thought of a different vegetable--I thought of eggplant. Carrot didn't even enter my mind. But I wonder why the answer is carrot only, and not cucumber or parsnip. ETA Beansprouts said what I thought might be the case--math is a distraction, because bananas and cucumbers are far more, you know, and even asparagus...carrots are hard and pointy.

Of course, in recent years I've known many people who self-identify as vegetarians who do indeed eat chicken, fish, or even beef and other meats when they choose too... um....

Yeah, I know the type. Some people just refuse to be held back by pesky little things like definitions. :tongue_smilie: