Menu

Is 4:30 too early?

Moxie

Our town announces official T or T hours. This year it's 5-7.  If Halloween falls on a weekday it's 5:30-7:30 to allow time for working parents to get home before it begins. 

Do your areas not have suggested hours? 

Then again, our town also says houses participating have porch lights on, so you'd assume nobody would come to our door if our porch light is off. Nope. We'll have hundreds come anyway even though our light will be off. 

Our neighbourhood merchants have daytime trick or treat for the littles, but it is dusk for residences and has been since I was a child---and that was a LONG time ago!

My daughter wants to TorT with her bff next door but bff has to go to her Mom's tonight. They want to TorT at 4:30 but I think that is too early. What says the Hive?

She wouldn't find porch lights on around here at that hour. People don't tend to start putting their porch lights on until around 5:30pm around here.

We had our first kid at 4:15, and I hadn't even bought candy yet! The next ones didn't come until like 5:30 when it was dusk. By 8 there were only troublemaking teens out so we turned out the lights.

Sad on the teens. We have a lot of teens that trick or treat here but never had any behavior issues (no pranking or anything) and we live in a huge neighborhood.

Most of the teens are fine, but the kids on rollerblades being dragged by the truck with the loud speakers, shining flashlights everywhere and then coming up to the door with a freaking crate crate in the door and a d!ldo hanging out of their pants ... they were not welcome. Last year we had teens who were drunk or high drive up to our door on ATVs.