Menu

Sort of like a bucket list for marriage--what would you do?

Hyacinth

Dh and I will be celebrating 20 years next year and we're trying to come up with 20 things to do before then--things we've always said we'd like to try but, for whatever reason, we never got around to doing. We're calling it our 20 for 20 Challenge.

Our (short) list so far includes things like take a history tour of our town, visit a winery that we drive by a few times a year, take a cooking class, try paddle boarding (we actually did that last week so it won't count, but it's part of what got us thinking about this challenge), eat at that swanky restaurant that we hear fantastic raves about but never want to get dressed up for on the rare occasion we do go out...we're aiming for mostly local and fairly inexpensive ideas.

So, what would be on your list?

• Like 2

Awesome idea! My DH and I will have our 25rh in 25 months. Maybe I could come up with something to do once a month.

Ideas--cooking class, local festival, weekend at a local b&b, go dancing, send a note to every member of your wedding party, get a family portrait made

• Like 4

That's actually a really cool idea!  And coming from me, that's a big compliment - I'm usually not a big fan of anniversary stuff (too much weirdness for me... romance and such. :ack2: ).  :lol: :lol:

I have no input.  I think anniversaries are nearly impossible to figure out what to do with lol...

• Like 3

Flip through the karma sutra and see if there's anything you've overlooked.

Take a couples dance class; maybe ballroom or tango

Go to a pottery painting place or glassblowing if you have it.

Get tickets for your local symphony/opera/theatre/anything with a live performance.

Go for middle eastern food on a night when they have a bellydancer.

Go Letterboxing or Geocaching together. (Atlasquest.com for Letterboxing. You can knock this out in less than an hour on the way to something else.)

Cabin camping at your local park? Much less work than tent camping and cheap. Worth it even if you bail before bedtime.

Picnic at your local lakefront.

Find a drive-in movie

Sign up for a charity fun run . . . not a serious one. One where you do the obstacle course for the unsporty.

Visit that weird little local museum your town has.

• Like 4

On our list is always whatever cool local restaurant we have never visited.

We celebrate our seventeenth next week and our twentieth in three years. By then, our youngest will be almost five, and I think I could handle leaving him for a night or two by then, so we have our eye on that anniversary for our first overnight date sans any children. :)

• Like 1

Kinda of in keeping with the suggestion to go cabin camping, see if there's a place near you where you can spend the night in a tree house.

Has anyone mentioned a star-gazing event? Find a group that has telescopes set up, or plan to wake up and go out when there's a meteor shower or something else interesting going on in the night sky. Be cheesy and pick out stars for each other!

• Like 1

Cook a brand new recipe together - or invent one!

Marathon your favorite movies, pick say 10 each and clear your weekend!

Go shopping and pick an outfit for each other, totally their choice, see how you do!

Take an old.-timey photo.

Read poetry to each other.

In college, dh helped me get to Ireland for my junior year exchange program. He's never been outside of the U.S., save for visiting Mexican boarder towns. We've never had an actual vacation. One of my bucket list items is for us to go so I could show him a little of what I experienced thanks to him.

:smilielol5: :smilielol5:

Let me get a little more specific! We are going to learn the Carolina Shag!

LOL! I was thinking... I know she has kids, so what kind of joke is this? Is she unsatisfied? And really, *all fall*?

• Like 2

That's actually a really cool idea!  And coming from me, that's a big compliment - I'm usually not a big fan of anniversary stuff (too much weirdness for me... romance and such. :ack2: ).   :lol: :lol:

I have no input.  I think anniversaries are nearly impossible to figure out what to do with lol...

I feel the same way. We'll be celebrating out 20th in October and we have no plans. It seems so forced, like we're obligated to prove to one another we still love each other. The only thing we do is go out to dinner and we're likely to do that anyway so I don't consider that a celebration. We did think of going out of town for a weekend but we can't come up with a place we'd like to visit.

• Like 1