Menu

Vice President's son, Beau Biden, has died.

unsinkable

The tragedies that man has had to deal with . . . agree with him politically or not, you have to feel much sympathy for him.

I agree. Prayers for his family and for all parents facing the serious illness of their beloved children. Especially those at WTM.

• Like 4

So sad; he was so young.  Really makes me think about how precious life is when someone close to my age or my husband's age dies like this.  And I can't imagine the VP's pain of losing his children like he has. 

I must say that the statement that the Obamas released was very touching indeed.  It pains me to complement them, but it was well done.

• Like 3

I was really sad/surprised to read this.  I remember Beau having a stroke a few years back, but I had no idea he was fighting brain cancer.

I knew VP Biden's wife had been killed, along with his young daughter, in a car wreck in the early 70s.  I can't imagine losing your wife and young daughter, and then losing your son far too young as well.   Very few members of congress had kids who served in Iraq.  Biden was one of them.  

Reminds me of Pierce Brosnan....losing his wife to cancer, and then his daughter to the same cancer a year or two ago.  :(

• Like 4

I saw this on drudge last night right before going to bed. My heart goes out to Beau's family, as well as the Vice President. He has lost more in his lifetime than most, and I cannot imagine how painful this has been for him, even knowing it was coming.

Prayers for all of them :(

He died of brain cancer.

My prayers and sympathy to the Vice President and his family. It is so sad that Biden has lost 2 children now, and his first wife.

I saw this this morning...I thought I remembered he had lost a child and wife in a car accident before. Dh couldn't confirm this and they didn't mention it on the news.

So very sad. I hate cancer so much.

• Like 2

:( Parents shouldn't have to bury their children. Sincere condolences.

Especially not twice. I do not know what I would do.

I love the image of him making those boys breakfast every morning before going to the Senate. He's a good egg who raised good kids. It's important to remember the humanity of people, even when we deeply disagree with them. Beau was a very promising politician and more importantly, decent family man, on his own merits as well.

• Like 17