Menu

If you could be anyone/anything, who/what would you be in your alter-ego life?

Stacia

A Jedi crew member of the Enterprise.

Oh, wait, is it supposed to something relatively plausible?

Goodness, where's the fun in that?

In my alter-ego life, I am independently wealthy.

AND still a kind human being, so I travel the globe helping people instead of buying....I dunno, what do super-rich people buy that's completely and totally unnecessary besides outfits for their dogs?

Cat

So many ideas...

Classics or history professor?

Farmer? Maybe a Hobbit.

Dragonrider on Pern?

Owner of used book shop and coffee shop that has a fabulous inventory in an old mansion with no need to actually make money. I would have the best children's section ever. Big comfy chairs.

I'd love to travel, speak lots of languages, be able to carry a tune, be a good athlete or to make something beautiful.

We began the audiobook of The Dawn Treader today.mI would like to be with them on the ship!

A moody renaissance woman who paints, writes, travels, takes stunning photographs, and sings lead in a not-so-serious band. I would live with a man with a stunning accent who would read me bedtime stories, and we would give away copious amounts of money anonymously. 

One of those people who can speak a bazillion languages without much effort.

This. I would be a linguist. Besides modern languages, I would be an expert in dead languages and pore over ancient manuscripts. I wouldn't mind being a hobbit either, or Miss Marple, or a librarian in one of those beautiful European libraries, or one of those village wise women who knows all the cures and potions for every ailment.

Well off enough that I could have done the homeschool thing without having to work part-time.  So that we would have been able to afford to do activities and hire tutors as needed without worrying about cost.  I'd want to be a full-time mom who spent her time taking care of her family instead of worrying about making ends meet.

At this moment, I would love to be a plumber.

Don't ask.

I think I feel your pain at the moment.  :glare:   

Let's see, I think I'd be a rich Scottish lady with a castle near the sea.  I would have lots of sheep, lots of healthy kids, no medical problems, no money problems, and I would help out as a doctor in town when needed.  I would study languages and history in my huge library and travel the world regularly.  I would also sometimes help out on archaeological digs and save cats. Does this count?  

I would have a gorgeous singing voice, be able to play the cello, eat anything I wanted, not necessarily at the same time, and I would have the hair I used to have.  :0)

Pathetic.

If I were paying attention, I would say "a saint."  But I'm not there yet, even enough to really want it as my first answer.  Sigh.

A cat.

Like you, I'm onto the fallacy that "It's a dog's life."  

It's a cat's life.  Really.

You can start by doing what I do:  curl up on the floor where the sun comes in and take a nap.  :0)

I would want to be the fashionista-poet-Picasso sitting at cafés in Paris drinking nothing but Château de Gaudou Malbec, reading obscure tomes and paying for my meals and accommodations with serviettes scribbled with ethereal flashes of my poetic genius.

I would love to be a surgeon, if it didn't take 10 billion years of school and left no time for family. I've always been fascinated but anatomy. I used to love watching surgeries on TLC.

Or I would love to be a beach bum. I love laying in the sand just watching the waves go in and out. I could just live on the shoreline.

Fabulously rich and ridiculously gorgeous.

And then I could buy all the expensive camera equipment I want and become a photographer for the fun of it and not worry about making my business a success. I would travel the world taking pictures and wear outlandish and wonderfully fashionable clothing.