Menu

What's your favorite ice cream?

I believe ice cream is in a food category all of its own. I can't be too picky on brand around here but my favorite flavor is Chocolate Peanut Butter. I eat ice cream all year, even in the winter. It's never too cold for ice cream.

So tell me, what is your favorite ice cream? Do you reserve it for warmer months only or will you eat it all year?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Rocky Road with Almonds (Really, if it has peanuts, it's not rocky road, it's an impostor :001_smile: ) If it's available, I'll eat it. No need to look at a calendar, weather report, nothin'

Although, since we've moved south, I've been preferring lemon sorbet on really, really hot days, but I wouldn't refuse rocky road if it was offered ;) .

Now, why in the WORLD would you start this, especially at 3:00 in the afternoon. (My time.)

We are ice cream connoisseurs, at least in our own minds.

Our absolute favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra. (NO joke.) It is 1/2 caramel ice cream, 1/2 chocolate/chocolate pieces ice cream with a thick caramel core down the center.

It is my guilty pleasure and I'm embarrassed to admit it. But now you all know my deep dark secret. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ETA: Just in the summer? We'll take it any day of the year, thank you.

I'm going to pick Butter Pecan. I also love Chocolate Covered Strawberry and Cheesecake and Chocolate Swiss Almond. But Butter Pecan is definitely a favorite. The funny thing is that I am usually only in the mood for ice cream in summer. My husband can eat it 365 days a year, but there are times that I am just not interested.

Just don't bring a pound cake near me please!

I believe ice cream is in a food category all of its own. I can't be too picky on brand around here but my favorite flavor is Chocolate Peanut Butter. I eat ice cream all year, even in the winter. It's never too cold for ice cream.

So tell me, what is your favorite ice cream? Do you reserve it for warmer months only or will you eat it all year?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well that is one of my favorites as long it is I Haagan Daz Chocolate Peanut Butter. The flavor that I like that usually is good no matter the brand is Mint Chocolate Chip.

Now I want ice cream!!! :glare:

Now, why in the WORLD would you start this, especially at 3:00 in the afternoon. (My time.)

We are ice cream connoisseurs, at least in our own minds.

Our absolute favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra. (NO joke.) It is 1/2 caramel ice cream, 1/2 chocolate/chocolate pieces ice cream with a thick caramel core down the center.

It is my guilty pleasure and I'm embarrassed to admit it. But now you all know my deep dark secret. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ETA: Just in the summer? We'll take it any day of the year, thank you.

It's 5:30 here and I'm trying to get out of dinner. :D Can I use the phrase "Life is short, eat dessert first"? Everyone gets ice cream for dinner!!!

I wish

It's 5:30 here and I'm trying to get out of dinner. :D Can I use the phrase "Life is short, eat dessert first"? Everyone gets ice cream for dinner!!!

I wish

Yeah, I've tried that one here. Doesn't seem to work too well. :D

I'm content with pretty much anything from Haagen-Dazs, thankyouverymuch. Carmelized Pear and Toasted Pecan is a great one, and so is Coffee. :drool:

I can't stomach any "ice cream" that's not really that at all, kwim? I grew so disappointed in local favorite Blue Bell once I checked out their ingredient lists. :ack2: I appreciate that Haagen-Dazs has very few ingredients and I can pronounce them all effortlessly. :D

OH, this is my ABSOLUTE favorite! If I'm ever on life support, just run a tube from a carton of this into my veins. I'll survive. Really.

My second favorite is Gold Medal Ribbon from B/R. Chocolate, vanilla ice cream with caramel running through.

My third favorite is chocolate almond closely tied with rocky road. All from B/R, of course.

And, I can't do ice cream when it's hot and humid. I prefer it when it's cold, really.

I almost never eat icecream in summer. It's too creamy for hot weather. Unless it is being dunked to make a spider. That's perfectly ok! I can tell you that lime spiders are great, passionfruit spiders are great and root beer is the best of all. Sadly, we can't buy root beer except at the Pancake Parlour and the closest one is over two hours away. The ice cream used for these is a good vanilla, of course. Had a rather revolting experience using chocolate once, and we're never going back there again!

Best ice cream for eating has to be the Dairy Bell "Nuts about Chocolate," mint choc is a classic. Lemon sorbet is the best sorbet. If there is something interesting on offer, like apple pie flavour, it must be tasted. If it is too interesting, like Vegemite (yes, I have seen that before!!!) I would run screaming. Plain vanilla with rose syrup topping is a very happy thing.

:)

Rosie

Ice cream would be a daily part of my diet.... in my perfect little dream world where I would have the metabolism of a 16-year old!:D Since I have to live in the real world, I settle for an occasional treat of Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, or the one someone on this very board (can't recall who it was) introduced me to- Cake Batter.

-Robin

I eat it all year. The first cold snap or two in the fall sends me seeking ice cream, for some reason. We have a smaller, family owned establishment around here called Graeter's. I like their coconut chip best. It has a vanilla base, with coconut and large chunks of chocolate in it.

I have different favorites in different brands, LOL....

I don't really care for ice cream. If it was the only dessert around (because I *do* love dessert) I would prefer chocolate peanut butter.

My husband, on the other hand, eats a big bowl of ice cream every night. He prefers vanilla so he can rummage through the pantry and add whatever toppings appeal to him.

I almost never eat icecream in summer. It's too creamy for hot weather. Unless it is being dunked to make a spider. That's perfectly ok! I can tell you that lime spiders are great, passionfruit spiders are great and root beer is the best of all. Rosie

Rosie, what is a spider in this context?

I'm content with pretty much anything from Haagen-Dazs, thankyouverymuch. Carmelized Pear and Toasted Pecan is a great one, and so is Coffee. :drool:

I can't stomach any "ice cream" that's not really that at all, kwim? I grew so disappointed in local favorite Blue Bell once I checked out their ingredient lists. :ack2: I appreciate that Haagen-Dazs has very few ingredients and I can pronounce them all effortlessly. :D

I'll take chocolate, strawberry or plain old vanilla, as long as it's haagen dazs.:tongue_smilie:

Yumm, I love ice cream too. Who doesn't. ha ha I am a plain kind of girl. I just like chocolate ice cream. No nuts or anything fancy. Breyers has the best chocolate fudge swirl ice cream. If you haven't tried it yet, you gotta. :) Chocolate mint is good too. And I live in South Mississippi and it doesn't really get cold here compared to where I came from in Northwest Missouri. Freezing there. So here in the south it always feels like summer or at least fall. So ice cream 365 days for me too. Oh, the cookout thing is weird though. When I lived in the cold 20 below wind chill climate I still got out there on the grill and cooked out. A good cookout is good anytime of year also, snow/ice or warm weather. :)

My fav. is,of course, homemade by my mom, but since I don't get that often, (probably never will again, sniff, sniff) I really enjoy Breyers vanilla. There's other luscious ice creams out there, but they tempt me way too often to overindulge. With simple ole Breyers vanilla, I can have a small portion & feel satisfied. I do sometimes mix it with Pom. Juice which is really wonderful too. :tongue_smilie:

I have more than one favorite!

chocolate chip cookie dough

one sweet whirled

cherry garcia

mint chocolate chip

butterfinger

I prefer either Ben & Jerry's, Turkey Hill, or Edy's.

Of course, my ALLTIME favorite ice cream would have to be the one in the freezer (whatever it may be!). :D

I eat it all year. The first cold snap or two in the fall sends me seeking ice cream, for some reason. We have a smaller, family owned establishment around here called Graeter's. I like their coconut chip best. It has a vanilla base, with coconut and large chunks of chocolate in it.

I have different favorites in different brands, LOL....

OMGoodness! Yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Graeter's Chocolate Chocolate Chip. They make their 'chip' ice creams by pouring chocolate into the ice cream as it's mixing. As a result, their chocolate chips are CHUNKS of chocolate. It is TO DIE FOR!!!!

Anything with chocolate and peanut butter, oreo or cookie dough rank a CLOSE second.

Graeter's Coconut Chip is my all-time favorite, too!! Unfortunately, there is no Graeter's in Florida.:sad:

Thankfully we do have Publix here, and their new Chocolate Trinity ice cream is the best!