Menu

Place your wager

BlsdMama

;)

When exactly WILL BlsdMama have that baby?

My cerclage was removed a week ago.

The last baby they guesstimate to have been a late 34 weeker / early 35 weeker.

#1 - 40 weeks

#2 - 37 weeks

#3 - 26 weeks 1 day

#4 - 36 weeks 1 day

#5 - 38 weeks 0 days

#6  - 37 weeks 3 days

#7 - 36 weeks 1 day

#8 - 36 weeks 1 day

#9 - 36 weeks 0 days

#10 - 37 weeks and (I think?) 5 days!

#11 - By the charts 36 weeks but by the pediatrician and OB they think she was much more along the lines of an early 35 weeker and the accompanying 15 day NICU stay. 

#12???

I am 37 weeks and 3 days today.

This is mind boggling for me.  #10 made it because of hospitalized bedrest.  I'm here, I'm doing yard work, normal housework, errands.  I feel fantastic.  I can NOT believe I'm still pregnant, lol.  I haven't felt this good in forever.

Friday night into the doctor, the monitor said contractions every 4.5 minutes for over an hour and a half and then they just stopped.

Dilated 4-5cm now.

Appointment today.  I'm really curious where I'm at.  If I'm at 7 or  more they won't let me go home.  I admit the idea of having a big, healthy baby that eats well and sleeps well over these sleepy little 36 weekers is BEYOND exciting to me! ;)  Twice I've shown up at routine visits, not contracting anymore than usual, and was dilated to 8cm. 

Today should be fun. ;)

Do you feel like you are "nesting?" I get that surge of energy about 2-4 days before giving birth.

So my guess is 3 days from now!

I live in a state of nesting...  We just moved, lol.  So, painting, finishing, sewing, decorating, and landscaping has been daily for the last two months. 

I have the diapers ready, the baby clothes washed, the coming home outfit chosen. 

Honestly?  I feel I could go another week or two but my body lies to me a lot, lol.

Gosh, I'm only 31 weeks pregnant with #10 and don't have any energy whatsoever. Grocery shopping causes extreme pain. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, however longer you have!!

Mama, I was really dragging around 28 weeks.  Did a lot of research because I was tiring out lifting my arms above my head.  ;)  Floradix Iron & Herbs, encapsulated spirulina, leafy greens, and magnesium, magnesium, magnesium - both in food form and the oil from Ancient Minerals. 

Between that and being forced to work outside on landscaping for the new house for Ana's graduation party (massive Vitamin D) I have to say, honesty, I doubt I have EVER felt THIS good in a pregnancy.  I have endless energy at this point.  That feels like such a crazy thing for me to say.  God is very good and the food changes have made a wild difference.  Praying for you.

Mama, I was really dragging around 28 weeks. Did a lot of research because I was tiring out lifting my arms above my head. ;) Floradix Iron & Herbs, encapsulated spirulina, leafy greens, and magnesium, magnesium, magnesium - both in food form and the oil from Ancient Minerals.

Between that and being forced to work outside on landscaping for the new house for Ana's graduation party (massive Vitamin D) I have to say, honesty, I doubt I have EVER felt THIS good in a pregnancy. I have endless energy at this point. That feels like such a crazy thing for me to say. God is very good and the food changes have made a wild difference. Praying for you.

Good for you, that's really wonderful! I'll try out some of your advice. I have soooo much to get done before we start school and baby comes. Hope your little one had arrived safely by now and that the energy continues postpartum.

LOL... And here I sit ~ with a bump not a baby. ;)

So, the appointment was interesting at a "stretchy" 5.  Apparently thanks to the different cerclage I had placed and the previous surgeries, I have a firm band of scar tissue preventing my previous easy peasy, painless dilating.  Bummer.   I have been warned that this delivery could be very different as that band needs to either be snapped or needs to snap.

We'll see won't we? 

I'm feeling very.... not anxious.  Just pensive today?  Contractions are at every 7-10 but they are such weak little things that I wonder if they count at all....

At any rate I have kitchen paint to touch up, a curtain to sew, and two windows to clean.  But here I sit......  Like a lump.  Feeling more reflective than useful this morning. Hm.

Well, you have some nerve coming back here without new baby pictures!!! :glare:

(Just kidding! :D)

Actually, I'm just glad to hear from you, because I was starting to wonder if everything was OK.

I hope the delivery will be much easier than expected!!!

Best wishes Kelly! I went well past 40 weeks with my first three babies, and then my fourth was a shocking 38w3d baby. He was so tiny! (At 8 pounds, lol.). So for the fifth we were really curious as to whether he'd be early too or not. 38w3d went by, no baby. 39w, no baby. 40w, no baby. Finally, 40w4d, crazy fast labor and baby. It's fascinating, the question of when. I hope you continue to feel great as you wait!

Tomorrow. Just because I have a bias against prime numbers. One of mine was born on the 19th. It bothers me just a little when I think about it. Two more hours and he would have been born on the 20th.

You just made me realize all 3 of mine were born on prime number days. Number 4 is due in Feb so now I'll be thinking about that till baby is born

August 4, 2014 just after 11:00 pm.

William James weighed in at a rather perfect 7lbs and 10.7oz.

That silly scar tissue held to the last moment and then rippedinstead of stretched. I checked out pretty early in and has one of my few epidural births and was glad for it, especially when they had to sew up the cervix. Very pleasant. And I have to say the hands down best epidural I've ever had. Just enough to remove pain rather than sensation our pressure, I could push effectively, feel him move down, it was perfect.

And he is lovely. We came home today and I got a great nap in my own bed. The sibs are all clamoring for turns to hold him and we're loving all the BLUE. :)