Menu

How is your currency arranged in your wallet?

MissKNG

Currency Arrangement   

142 members have voted

1. 1. How is your currency arranged in your wallet?

• Largest denomination in the back to smallest in the front
    • Smallest denomination in the back to largest in the front
    • All mixed up without any sort of order
    • *head scratching* There is suppose to be currency in my wallet????
    • other - explain your system

How do you arrange the currency in your wallet? Mine is arranged with the largest denomination in the back to the smallest in the front.

Just a random question that I thought of after using the ATM.

ETA...I also have them facing them the same way and right side up.

I don't carry cash, but if I did, it would be smallest in front to largest in back, and with everything facing the same way!

If you want a really interesting conversation, though, you should see how my (totally blind) parents carried their cash!

I put that I don't carry currency, but on the rare occasion that I do, it's grouped by purpose. Rarely, I will take out a big chunk because I need to give out a bunch of cash or because my dh just asks me to take out cash. I'll have a $20 folded that I have to take to homeschool group, $15 folded that I have to take to go buy used curriculum from a friend, $10 folded that I am going to go pay for VBS...etc. If I don't separate everything out, I'll just blow through it and will come up short. :D

System??? You all are so organized! 

My cash goes in according to whatever order I received it. Oldest in front. 

When I go to pay for something, I rifle through it and find the right denominations. Then I put the change in the back in whatever stack the cashier handed it to me in. 

I know, I know. Sloppy.  :D

Same as you plus the guys are all facing forward and upright. I hate it when I get back change in all different directions!

This. I never understood why some cashiers hand me disheveled currency. When I worked a cash register, we arranged the money nicely in the drawer.

How do you arrange the currency in your wallet? Mine is arranged with the largest denomination in the back to the smallest in the front.

Just a random question that I thought of after using the ATM.

ETA...I also have them facing them the same way and right side up.

Same here. :)

I don't carry cash, but if I did, it would be smallest in front to largest in back, and with everything facing the same way!

If you want a really interesting conversation, though, you should see how my (totally blind) parents carried their cash!

Did they fold the bills in different ways or something? I would be very interested to know! :)

I don't carry much cash, but when I do it's usually folded up and tossed rather randomly into the side pocket of my purse, rather jumbled up with other stuff.  Or sometimes it ends up in the pockets of my clothes, which sometimes leads to fun discoveries months or years later.

I don't carry cash in the US, and when I'm not in the US, just carry what I'll need for that trip which is rarely very much. I just stick it in any old way because I'm usually shopping in street markets and stopping at at least five different stands, so it would take a lot more time than it's worth to me to keep the money organized. I know about how much I'll be spending at each stand and I can pull it out while they're scooping up crema or weighing my vegetables. I just hope there's enough at the end to stop at the bakery for pastries.

Also, if you're unorganized, sometimes you discover a 20-peso bill wadded up at the bottom and that's always a bonus. :)

Did they fold the bills in different ways or something? I would be very interested to know! :)

Yes, they each had a method of bill folding to keep the bills straight (from ones to twenties, but I don't think beyond that). But the funny thing was, they had different methods of bill folding, and they argued about who was "right" until the day my father died! I always followed my mom's method (and still remember it, for when she visits), because she was the one more likely to hand out the cash.

Yes, they each had a method of bill folding to keep the bills straight (from ones to twenties, but I don't think beyond that). But the funny thing was, they had different methods of bill folding, and they argued about who was "right" until the day my father died! I always followed my mom's method (and still remember it, for when she visits), because she was the one more likely to hand out the cash.

That's so cool! I think it's pretty funny that they used different methods and argued about whose was better!!!

System??? You all are so organized!

My cash goes in according to whatever order I received it. Oldest in front.

When I go to pay for something, I rifle through it and find the right denominations. Then I put the change in the back in whatever stack the cashier handed it to me in.

I know, I know. Sloppy. :D

The funny thing is, the money in my wallet is just about the only organized thing about me! :)

That's so cool! I think it's pretty funny that they used different methods and argued about whose was better!!!

For the record, my mom was "right." At least she said so. Because she had been blind for longer, and she was in the know, I suppose. :)

I don't usually have cash on hand but when I do it's just jumbled in there among the grocery store receipts in the largest slot in my wallet. If it's money for a specific purpose or I'm carrying it for a dc it goes into the second slot or the zippered pocket on the outside. Yes, I have a Big Wallet.

A few $1 shoved in the bottom of my purse, a few $5s in the zipper portion, somewhat wadded up, a couple of $10s in the front of my wallet and a $20 or two shoved in the back of my wallet.

In other words, wherever.  

I don't use a typical wallet.

I can tell you there are a few bills in the jeans I wore last night, a $10 bill in the outer pocket of my purse, a folded clump of $20s on one side of my change/card purse for the money orders I need to buy today, and a folded clump of general spending money on the other side of my change/card purse.  And all my change is in the little well in my car door.  But it's more typical for me to realize I'm cash-less and spend 6 days trying to remember to get some cash.

Our notes are different colours and sizes so it is easy to quickly see the difference. I seldom need cash. I might draw $100 ever 4-8 weeks, so there really isn't much to arrange. It's so much quicker to use a card, especially with the technology where you just 'wave' your card.

I rarely carry my wallet. Usually I just have cash in my pockets and a couple necessary cards in my back pocket. On the times when I do take my purse with me and so have my wallet, my bills are organized largest to the back, small in the front.

Some people have a system????

If I have money, I stick it in the wallet. That's it.

This reminds me of watching my son eat M&Ms. He sorted them all by color, ate the excess ones so that he would have the same number of each color, and then ate the rest, one from each color group, in order of least favorite color to most favorite color until they were all gone. I was shocked and about to call the dr. for a referral for OCD when my dh told me that was how he's eaten his candy as a child.

I just ate them. Any order. Any color. They all taste the same. 

Folded up, usually in my pocket, but sometimes in the zipper pouch of my purse, or in my wallet, or crumpled and buried somewhere at the bottom of my purse, or shoved in my son's backpack, or in the bottom of my hamper, or behind my nightstand.  

But generally, I don't carry cash.

I put that I don't carry currency, but on the rare occasion that I do, it's grouped by purpose. Rarely, I will take out a big chunk because I need to give out a bunch of cash or because my dh just asks me to take out cash. I'll have a $20 folded that I have to take to homeschool group, $15 folded that I have to take to go buy used curriculum from a friend, $10 folded that I am going to go pay for VBS...etc. If I don't separate everything out, I'll just blow through it and will come up short. :D

I voted all mixed up, but I guess I do fold money that I have a purpose for.