Menu

Have you ever had a Bon-Bon?

Parrothead

We often say we homeschooling moms don't sit around eating Bon-Bons. I don't think I've ever had one. I don't think I actually know anyone who has ever had one.

Are they a real thing?

Have you ever had one?

I wonder if I can buy some and sit around one afternoon eating them.

Yes.  Yes, I have.  At a very low point in my life, I actually finished an entire container of Bon-Bons in one sitting.  It was not a proud moment, but it was a tasty one.  :tongue_smilie:

ETA: I'm talking about the little chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream Bon-Bons.

They used to have tiny ice cream balls covered in chocolate marketed as Bon Bons. My grandmother bought them once because she had a great coupon and thought they were hilarious. She called her friend and said, "Hey just thought I'd call you while I was sitting and eating a Bon Bon!" She rarely laughed that hard, but I remember her cracking up. :)

Oh, they're still made:

http://www.socialgrocery.com/products/Nestle/Bon-Bons-Vanilla-Ice-Cream-with-Chocolate-Coating

I have never had a Bon Bon. I'm not even sure what they are. I always imagined they were little balls of vanilla ice cream dunked in chocolate hard shell. Is that right?? Now I'll got back and read the thread. :p

Me too, is that right?  Never had one but I'm thinking I should keep some stocked in the kitchen hidden behind something unappetizing.   :lol:

No. I sit around and eat steak, greens and mushrooms all drenched in garlic butter. I only do it once or twice a month but it is a regular thing. I go to the store, get the the best steak I can find that won't break me price wise and some spinach or collards and a pounds of mushrooms. Then I come home and make a feast for one, usually In the late morning. I do offer the kids some but that is a formality as they never say yes to steak that is not a dinner thing. I then eat it while sitting on the couch and sometimes watching something stupid off of Netflix or reading with one hand. The boys get extra computer time on steak day. I know it is steak day when I am having a bad, bad, bad sugar craving and I know that if I start when I feel like that, I won't stop.

I also keep cookie dough balls in the freezer for those moments when the kids and I just need a fresh baked cookie.

There is a brand called "Bon Bon" that are little hard candies with a liquid center and foil wrappers that look like the fruit flavor of the candy inside.  I've only ever had the strawberry ones.  If I was going to sit around eating candies I'd rather have truffles or Toblerone.

Veering off topic, last weekend we watched the movie Romantics Anonymous twice (dd really liked it).  It's set in a chocolate factory.  It would be a good choice for sitting around eating bon bons and watching television.  Except I suspected that any chocolate we had in the house probably wasn't as good as what they had in the movie.