Menu

Two kittens need names - PICTURES - New Update

Pegasus

We ended up bringing home 2 kittens today from a feline rescue group.  They are sisters and the group really wanted to adopt them out together.  One is solid black and the other is tortoise-shell.  The torti seems fearless and immediately left the crate when we got them home and started exploring all over.  The black is more reserved and a bit more skittish.

They came with the names McGhee I and McGhee II for the apartment complex where they were found.  They need new names.  We are brainstorming and can't decide.  Here's our list so far but I welcome other ideas as well.

Chaos and Mayhem (shortened to Kay and May as they outgrow the kitten stage)

Pepper and Hazel

Demonica and Mayhem

Sekhmet and Bast

Tootles and Slightly

Skyla and Luna

Bambi and Thumper

Bludgeon and Snitch

Pepper and Nutmeg

Parsley and Sage

Macaroni and Cheese

Tic and Tac

Bob and Dylan

Bob and Marley

Lavern and Shirley

Brandy and Bacardi

Cup and Cake

Mojo and Jojo

Zen and Tao

Cocoa and Mocoa

Cyclone and Twister

Pinky and The Brain

Smoky and Bandit

Thelma and Louise

Pip and Squeek

We ended up bringing home 2 kittens today from a feline rescue group.  They are sisters and the group really wanted to adopt them out together.  One is solid black and the other is tortoise-shell.  The torti seems fearless and immediately left the crate when we got them home and started exploring all over.  The black is more reserved and a bit more skittish.

They came with the names McGhee I and McGhee II for the apartment complex where they were found.  They need new names.  We are brainstorming and can't decide.  Here's our list so far but I welcome other ideas as well.

Chaos and Mayhem (shortened to Kay and May as they outgrow the kitten stage)

Pepper and Hazel

Demonica and Mayhem

Sekhmet and Bast

Tootles and Slightly

Skyla and Luna

Biscuit and Crackers

I had two sister kitties for many years. I wanted literary names, so I chose them from one of my favorite books, The Little White Horse. My kitties were Loveday and Minette, after the character Loveday Minette (I also have a Wrolf, for LWH fans). We never shortened their names but always called them Loveday and Minette. :-)

Cordelia and Ophelia?

If you like NCIS McGee may work  :0) (if you don't mind the gender issue)

McGee and:

Leroy or Gibbs

DiNozzo

Abby 

MV5BMTU0NTU3OTU3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODg2 Mark Harmon ...
 Leroy Jethro Gibbs (234 episodes, 2003-2013)
MV5BMjEzMzExMDE3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjM0 Michael Weatherly ...
 Anthony DiNozzo (234 episodes, 2003-2013)
MV5BMTY3MjgzNzk1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg2 Pauley Perrette ...
 Abby Sciuto (234 episodes, 2003-2013)
MV5BMTEwMzM3MjE2NDZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDY4 David McCallum ...
 Dr. Donald Mallard (234 episodes, 2003-2013)
MV5BMTkxNDI3MTg4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA1 Sean Murray ...
 Timothy McGee (219 episodes, 2003-2013)
MV5BMTYwMDEyNTcxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM5 Cote de Pablo ...
 Ziva David (187 episodes, 2005-2013)
MV5BMTM1MzU3MTQxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDky Brian Dietzen ...
 Jimmy Palmer (134 episodes, 2004-2013)
MV5BMjMwODg0OTA1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTIw Rocky Carroll ...

Torti's are considered "money cats" they are thought to bring wealth to the owners, of course black cats have the issue of being thought to be bad luck.  SO you have good "luck" and bad "luck" being brought into the home, so maybe Fortuna and Jinx

ETA your torti looks similar to my torti

My tortie is named Luna. Her brother is solid black; we named him Thor. But the name we were planning to use with Luna was Stella. Stella and Luna. 

I have found, will all our pets, that after a few days we just know their names. I think the animals send us vibes, or something, to let us know who they are.

I completely agree! My pets could not possibly have different names. They fit their names perfectly. 

When we got our German Shepherd Dog, it was so strange. Dh and I both had a notion in the back of our minds that we wanted a GSD and we wanted to name it Sergeant (if male). It was so remarkable how that name was just the clear name to both of us with never any discussion or debate. He just said, "I always wanted to have a German Shepherd named Sergeant," and I said, "Me too!" And that was that!

I apologize for the delay in updating!  I really enjoy the creativity of this board. I love a lot of the names suggested.  I really tried to make Chaos and Mayhem stick but as we got to know the kittens, we rotated through quite a few names.  My DDs have finally settled on. . .

Hazel for the torti

and

Jinx for the black

They had their first (with us) appointment with the vet today.  Hazel did fine but Jinx turned wild on them and protested vehemently at the vaccinations.  Both are healthy but Jinx has an old eye injury that may have caused permanent damage to her sight in that eye. You can see in her picture that she doesn't fully open one eye.  We will be treating it just in case it can improve some.  They are sore and tired now so we are letting them rest in quiet.

Thanks again for all the ideas for names.  I should copy to store them for the next time I need pet names!