Menu

Oh, oh, oh--deep breaths--not labor--but--really, really, REALLY *good* news...

not a/c, either, btw.

Better than a/c, in fact.

Did you read my query letter this AM? I couldn't sleep last night, & that was the biggest thing left on my before-baby to-do list, mainly because after baby...well...not likely to happen. And for the last few yrs, my biggest goal has been to get a pub contract before my 30th bday.

So I tweaked it, showed it to you guys & dh, & finally sent it this AM. The website says it takes 2-4 weeks to hear a response.

Guess what??????

They want the whole manuscript. They've *already* replied.

This is only the 3rd time I've ever sent a query letter, & the first time on this book. Granted, I'm sending it to an agent this time instead of directly to the publisher like I did a few yrs ago w/ my dead novel.

But still. I'm so excited, I may *put* myself into labor. Except excitement for me looks about like it looks on Ben Stein. Oh well. I may not be the life of the party, but

woo-hoo

she wants to read my *whole* manuscript!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

not a/c, either, btw.

Did you read my query letter this AM? I couldn't sleep last night, & that was the biggest thing left on my before-baby to-do list, mainly because after baby...well...not likely to happen. And for the last few yrs, my biggest goal has been to get a pub contract before my 30th bday.

So I tweaked it, showed it to you guys & dh, & finally sent it this AM. The website says it takes 2-4 weeks to hear a response.

Guess what??????

This is only the 3rd time I've ever sent a query letter, & the first time on this book. Granted, I'm sending it to an agent this time instead of directly to the publisher like I did a few yrs ago w/ my dead novel.

But still. I'm so excited, I may *put* myself into labor. Except excitement for me looks about like it looks on Ben Stein. Oh well. I may not be the life of the party, but

woo-hoo

That is all.

WooHoo! :party:

Good for you! So happy for you.

How in the world did you get such a fast reply???? That is so cool. What happens now?

Now? I send my book via the handy-dandy super-speedy internet, Ms. Agent begins to read it, is so captivated she can't put it down, & finally, she congratulates herself that she has such a good instinct.

Then she finds a publisher, we get rich, & I buy a castle in Scotland.

Or pay off some student loans. Whatever. ;) :lol:

How did I get such a fast response? Well, I guess it's possible that no one's submitted to them lately. I'd prefer to think my query letter (which you said you liked) was just that good. :D

Either way, my book is *much* better than my letter, so hopefully I'm past the scary query part. :w00t:

Congratulations Aubrey. That is fabulous news. Hope the excitement gets your labor going!

Take care,

VH

not a/c, either, btw.

Guess what??????

woo-hoo

That is all.

Congratulations Aubrey!!!

I hope this finishes with the publication of your book! That would be soooo AWESOME!

Okay then, now that that's settled we need to get moving with the ac. Did you go to the office and point out to them where you're having the baby like...someone (sorry, I forget who) said? I thought that was a grand idea! You can tell them, either that, or get my air conditioning in.......NOW!

THEN you can have the baby and live happily ever after in your beautiful castle in Scotland!:001_smile:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: