Menu

Is it snowing where you are?

Koerarmoca

Yes it is.

I'm in northern Colorado.

As an FYI, it's OK to start expecting snow sometime in October and snow in April is not all that surprising. :) Neither is having it be 70 and sunny one day and needing the snowsuit the next.

I'm finding this to be very true...and it's killing me lol.

it's been stormy and had some thunder. kinda weird actually. there was hail on saturday - enough that even after the storm cell had passed, there was enough on the ground it looked like snow. I even saw a car that looked like it had 1/2" of snow. it was pouring buckets - unusual for here.

I think it's finally stopped. We still have around a foot and a half or so of snow on the ground from winter. The snow we got on Friday night and again last night and today has mostly melted - the rest of the snow just needs to go now. At this rate, I figure I'll see green grass in June. My horses are NOT impressed...

Look on the bright side - we need the moisture!!

I remember one time (maybe late Sept-early Oct) the kids were in swimsuits outside in the sprinkler and I checked the forecast on the computer to find that we were under a winter storm warning. Also, FWIW, I think it was about this time two years ago that we had a wet snowstorm so messy that I got the Suburban stuck in the driveway briefly :tongue_smilie:

I'm feeling impatient to clean out the mudroom though I better wait at least till the end of the month (last time I did that at the end of April, I ended up getting the warm jackets out again in May)

Yes! I am also in NE Colorado- Sterling. Where are you? We had 4H and VBS meetings tonight and it was dizzying driving home.

Well I was just informed we are not that "Northeast" lol. Lets call it "north-almost-middle" We just moved here late Feb lol. We are in Greeley

I'm finding this to be very true...and it's killing me lol.

I really miss it. I grew up in MN, used to live in N. Colorado, and am now down near the Gulf Coast. We only get snow every 9 years or so. In NE Colorado (flat lands) we could usually rely upon solar snow removal -- we only had a few occurrences where we had to shovel out. When I lived in the mountains we received a bit more.

Feel free to send some down our way! ANYTHING to stave off the heat, humidity, and mosquitoes of summer a little longer!

Well I was just informed we are not that "Northeast" lol. Lets call it "north-almost-middle" We just moved here late Feb lol. We are in Greeley

When dividing the state into quarters the Front Range is the usual division between east and west, therefore Weld County falls in NE Colorado. When dividing according to cultural regions, however, things are a bit muddier. Weld County is then usually considered to be in North Central Colorado. Whoever "informed" you is nit-picking.

I used to live in Weld County, Larimer County, and near Estes Park. It took me many years to get used to not having the mountains to the west, to being at a lower altitude with more humidity, and to not see as many stars in the night sky. I'm also still a bit mad about the snow (or lack thereof) here -- it snowed one day my first winter here, so I figured I'd do okay, even with just one day of snow in a winter. It didn't snow again for 9 YEARS!

75mph gusts yesterday. Bridge shut so I had to go the long way round home from work. On the road 2 1/2 hours by the time I picked up Hobbes and a friend from a sleepover, delivered friend to his house, then came home. Today, the streets have 'dunes' of dust where earth was blown off the newly-ploughed fields.

Laura

It's supposed to snow 4-6 inches here between today and Friday. We briefly saw the sun a couple days ago but that's it. Our snow melted 2 weeks ago, then we got another 6". Yesterday it was in the 40's and most of it melted. It's supposed to hit the 50's by Sunday so hopefully whatever new snow falls will melt. I usually plant peas the first week in April. This is ridiculous, even for Minnesota.

We've been in a drought though, so it should be helpful.

It is stil snowing here. I'm beginning to think that it is still going to be snowing come July. It just won't go away and I really wish it would. I'm glad my daughter doesn't work this evening, but she does work tomorrow evening. It is supposed to stop before then. I hope it does.

I'm beginning to think that it is still going to be snowing come July.

One year, we actually did have snow the first week of June (and we're only at 7500 feet elevation here - it's not like we live way up in the mountains). I would just like to get my garden going before May this year. Not sure if that's going to happen. :001_huh: