Menu

WWYD: Neighbor's cat left a present on our front porch

extendedforecast

I want my avatar on the thread too! I wouldn't worry about who did it or why unless it becomes an ongoing issue. I like the vinegar idea. You could also consider Critter Ridder, but I think that is not meant to be applied on hard surfaces.

And, to my mother's great disappointment, I am no animal poop expert, but it must have been a really big squirrel that left it, to confuse it with cat poop.

• Like 1

I want my avatar on the thread too! I wouldn't worry about who did it or why unless it becomes an ongoing issue. I like the vinegar idea. You could also consider Critter Ridder, but I think that is not meant to be applied on hard surfaces.

And, to my mother's great disappointment, I am no animal poop expert, but it must have been a really big squirrel that left it, to confuse it with cat poop.

Oh, I figured that out rather quickly, for I googled 'squirrel scat' after 'raccoon scat', but before 'turkey scat'.

True. But in my experience, sick cats don't poop on the porch. They do it in the one room of the house that has carpet. Or on a hard-to-clean welcome mat. Or on the front seat of the car if you leave the window down. Never on something that easy to clean, though.

Well, I need my avatar on the thread as well...

My cat would throw up on the pillow next to me in bed. I didn't like that. Not a nice way to wake up.

• Haha 1

Well, the big deal might be that plastic bags have been banned from her community, and she can't use one! :leaving:

I, too, wondered where she might get a plastic bag!

Out of my 12 or so years here, this is one of the top 5 weird threads.

I don't think this one is that weird...cats poop! To me, the weird ones are the people ones, such as the crazy stroller lady trying to run down one of our members on the sidewalk every day.

Ummm...not to derail an otherwise delightful thread, but if the little package was left by a raccoon, I would be extra careful in handling/disposing of it. Raccoon poo can carry all sorts of nasty diseases, parasites, etc... And clean the area well, since the last thing you want is for your porch to become the neighborhood rest stop for other raccoons!

Okay. Now back to kittens and kilts!

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

I just found this via Google..my neighbors new bf, dog lover and both hate cats, I've been feeding the feral ones for years, along with our grocery store and maybe several others around the block.  They left trash (TV box, furniture) on porch maybe cats like, vomited there and he went ballistic, yelling and slamming his door they're both deaf. I motioned I'd clean after breakfast. And did. There's 6 cats that eat on my porch.  After I was done I rung their bell he came to door and gave me a thumbs up.  What really gets my goat, on snow days I shovel our shared steps, he only does his side(maybe) but they used my handrails cuz they never repaired their own! He's like 50+  I'm 70!

2 hours ago, vonfirmath said:

Zombie thread

I was fooled. :blush: Only noticed the dates when I saw someone quoted and then couldn't find the original post. 

ETA: And oh my goodness, Mergath, unsinkable, and others posting. 💜 I think I actually remember this thread...blast from the past.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, MercyA said:

I was fooled. :blush: Only noticed the dates when I saw someone quoted and then couldn't find the original post. 

ETA: And oh my goodness, Mergath, unsinkable, and others posting. 💜 I think I actually remember this thread...blast from the past.

This thread makes me think of the person who posted one day about how their grandmother goes out with her putter club and whacks the tootsie rolls across her yard and into the yard of the offender! 

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2013 at 1:02 PM, Catwoman said:

Why would you say anything to your neighbor about it?

Just accept your gift graciously and go on with your day. 😄

I would say something to the neighbors if their kids left a dead mouse or bird on my porch :ack2: , but I'd consider it a compliment if their cat did it. 😉

I don't understand this? To me it's the same. Kids, cats, dogs, etc none of them should be wandering around on other people's properties without permission.

Our neighbor always gets annoyed when kids come onto her property (to see her dogs) but her cats wander and dig in every one's gardens and somehow that is fine.

2 hours ago, Plagefille said:

I don't understand this? To me it's the same. Kids, cats, dogs, etc none of them should be wandering around on other people's properties without permission.

Our neighbor always gets annoyed when kids come onto her property (to see her dogs) but her cats wander and dig in every one's gardens and somehow that is fine.

You're arguing with someone nine years later? 

• Haha 1