What social media do you use?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Facebook

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • I blog
    • Other (please specify)

I facebook but I vacillate over it because it sometimes seems like a GIANT waste of time and energy. I am always considering leaving and have a couple of times then someone will say, "did you see the baby's photos on facebook?" and I cannot resist. :(

Facebook and Pinterest but still learning the whole Pinterest thing so if any can help please do! One question is can you have multiple pages on one account? Like one for American girl stuff, one for crocheting ideas, books I want and whatever else I decide to be interested in????

Facebook and Pinterest but still learning the whole Pinterest thing so if any can help please do! One question is can you have multiple pages on one account? Like one for American girl stuff, one for crocheting ideas, books I want and whatever else I decide to be interested in????

Yes you can have multiple boards on one account.

If you asked what accounts I have I would have checked them all, but facebook is the only one I regularly use. I have a Pinterest account, but like a PP, I use it for bookmarks for myself and don't consider it social media. I have a blog and keep telling myself I'm going to update it and blog regularly. The reality is I probably won't. I also have a twitter account but I only use that when I have to retweet something in order to get swagbucks. I don't even follow anyone else on twitter.

I waver on whether or not to click on any of them.

I go on Facebook a couple times a year, for 5 minutes or so. I only use it to check in on friends who are having a major life change like having a baby. I only activate my account for the visit and then deactivate it again. Instead of calling them to check in, I will check thier Facebook page once or twice during the life event time frame. I have only posted one time, and don't even do 'likes' or other features. I can't say I "USE" Facebook since I am only on it for maybe 15 minutes a year.

I look at images on Pintrest, again for maybe 15 minutes in the past year. I don't have an account and I don't 'pin'.

I use facebook (read almost every day, post a couple of times a week at most), but I'm not the least bit interested in twitter. I'm refusing to go to pinterest because I'm sure it will just give me lots of wonderful ideas that I'll never get around to doing. I occasionally toy with the idea of doing a blog, but have never gone to the trouble to get one started and probably never will bother. I spend most of my online-time here, the news and facebook. That's about it.

That's interesting because Pinterest is one of the few I won't do, because of the copyright implications.

http://ddkportraits....iration-boards/

http://covetherclose...-3-precautions/

Pinterest is for bookmarking with pictures & text rather than just text alone. For some things, people can figure out how to do something by the picture alone. Since Pinterest shares my pins with everyone in the universe, it's their problem if someone uses it without actually going to the original website that I pinned/repinned. On the one hand, I can see why Pinterest does that. On the other hand, if I don't like it, I can use secret boards, something that Pinterest recently introduced. I believe you can now have 5 (?) secret boards, so other people will not see your pins. I don't know if there's a limit to how many pins a board can hold, a couple hundred, at least.

I use it for bookmarking--I always check to see if the pin goes all the way through to the original site so I can get the rest of the story or the info I need. Often there are broken links, or someone only pinned the actual image link, not the site link.

I don't agree that I have to own the content of the site/picture/pin in order to pin it. I don't have to own it if I bookmark it with my internet browser.