Menu

And now dad's back in the hospital - update post 28

Mom texted that dad's vitals weren't right, so he was on the way to the hospital. His wound care nurse that comes to the house three times a week called his doctor and they decided he should go in. All In know right now is that His temp is 99.6, his heart rate is 115, and he's grey and weak.

The first thing that came to my mind is that perhaps he has a clot somewhere.

He's an hour away. Mom's letting me know if I need to come up.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that he's back in the hospital, but I'm glad his nurse was paying attention and took immediate action.

Please update us when you can -- it sounded like he was doing better, so this must be so scary and discouraging for all of you! :grouphug:

His white blood cells are high. He has an infection, they think from the permacath he has for his dialysis. He will need IV antibiotics. No idea yet for how long. I plan to go see him tomorrow.

Ugh. Poor dad. But the real sad thing is, I feel somewhat safer knowing he's in the hospital with people looking after him than at home with mom, since I can't be with him every day.

Dad's home, came home late last night. They gave him a round of IV antibiotics in the ER, and he started feeling a bit better. The doctors wanted to keep him, but he insisted on going home. :glare:

And mom's irritated because it will cost $100 for the ER visit; it would have only been $50 if he was admitted. UGH. Yes mom, that's my concern too. NOT.