Menu

Natalie has been found safe in Texas

Jeannie in NJ

my dd got a call this morning from the family that Natalie was found safe in Texas. A Texas policeman spotted the car at 3:30 am and found Natalie asleep in it. I just went online to our town's local website and it has been posted there also that she is found. Thanks for all of your prayers.

No info yet on what happened to her for the last 5 days or if she had been with someone. She was by herself when she was found (I believe that is the case, things are a little sketchy).

SHe was in Mesquite, Texas

So glad she's been found and that she's safe. If you hear more of the story and can share, I'd really be interested. I can't figure out how she drove to Texas with no driving experience and being, well, 16! I'm not sure *I* could find my way to Texas without my GPS and my debit card so I could eat long the way.

I would love to hear the story of how she got to TX myself. I have been praying for the girl. The son of a friend ran off for three days when he was 16 and my friend aged about ten years in those three days. I have never forgotten the sound of her voice when he was gone two days with no clues where he was.

I'm so glad she's been found safe. I hope they can all heal a bit. What a relief that she has been found.

I would also like to know how she got to Texas. Where did the gas come from? I suppose if she was by herself she may have just driven on freeways until she wound up in Mesquite at random? Which gives me horrible shivers to think about, what if she'd run out of gas in the desert?

the police keep going back and forth on if she was alone or with a guy. Wonder what info she will give the police. Dd's friend and friend's mother are figuring out how to get to Texas (Natalie had taken their only car). Knowing how our community is there will be help for them, also probably from their church and also from the high school. That is just the way people are here.

I'm so relieved to hear that she is OK -- I was starting to fear the worst as so many days passed.

When her mom finally sees her, she probably won't know whether to hug her or slug her -- what an awful thing that girl did by running off like that without telling anyone where she was going... and stealing the family's only car to do it!

I'm glad she's OK, but her family must be so hurt, confused, and heartbroken that she pulled a stunt like that.