Menu

Celebrating my 10,000th post with a new avatar

Catwoman

OK, so I know I've needed an avatar for years, but it didn't seem like a big deal until I started showing up as that creepy white silhouette thing. :ack2: :ack2: :ack2:

And it didn't even look like me. Well, not much, anyway.

So I decided to celebrate my 10,000th post to the forums with a brand spanking new avatar.

It's not actually me, it's my cat. (I figured that if I didn't clear that up, you probably would have assumed it was me, what with the whole CATwoman thing and all.)

His name is Mr. Cat.

No, I'm not kidding. It really is Mr. Cat.

I hope you like him. :)

(And I hope I did the avatar thing right.)

Gee. I'm shocked. YOUR cat. Homicidal. Wow. Who'd a thunk it?

:D :D :D :D

Aside from my ds and me, if it's breathing, it needs to die.

And that includes my dh. :eek:

Mr Cat hasn't actually tried to kill my dh, but sometimes he just sits and stares at him, and dh swears he can almost see the wheels turning inside his head, plotting.... plotting... plotting...

:D :D :D :D

Aside from my ds and me, if it's breathing, it needs to die.

And that includes my dh. :eek:

Mr Cat hasn't actually tried to kill my dh, but sometimes he just sits and stares at him, and dh swears he can almost see the wheels turning inside his head, plotting.... plotting... plotting...

Wolf had a cat like that when we were first married. It hated me, since it wasn't allowed in the bedroom anymore.

It was when it started attacking Tazzie, who was a toddler, knocking him to the ground and clawing his face that kitty went buh bye.

His name is Mr. Cat.

It's the perfect avatar for you.

As for the name, I've had a cat named Kitty, and one named E.C., which stood for Extra Cat. We had 2 cats and didn't want another. When we found him in a parking lot, we tried to find a home for him. We couldn't find anyone to take him, so he became our extra cat.

OK, so I know I've needed an avatar for years, but it didn't seem like a big deal until I started showing up as that creepy white silhouette thing. :ack2: :ack2: :ack2:

So I decided to celebrate my 10,000th post to the forums with a brand spanking new avatar.

It's not actually me, it's my cat. (I figured that if I didn't clear that up, you probably would have assumed it was me, what with the whole CATwoman thing and all.)

His name is Mr. Cat.

Awww... lovely cat and he has a good name, too. I like the way you cropped right up to Mr. Cat's eyes in the avatar. Somehow, though, I've always imagined black leather and Julie Newmar when I see your screen name. :)

You know, for the longest time, I was convinced that you actually looked like Catwoman in real life. I'm literal like that.

Awww... lovely cat and he has a good name, too. I like the way you cropped right up to Mr. Cat's eyes in the avatar. Somehow, though, I've always imagined black leather and Julie Newmar when I see your screen name. :)

My original idea for an avatar was a picture of Julie Newmar in her Catwoman costume, but then I figured that if any of you ever met me in real life, you would be terribly disappointed. Julie Newmar always looked amazing, and she was so statuesque! (Now she looks sort of oddly plastic, but hey, she's in her 70's now, so as far as I'm concerned, she can do whatever she wants!)

Love the picture, but really love the name. Really! :lol:

A picture of our adorable Pippin the Wonder Cat used to be in my signature, but I guess we can't have pics there anymore. He looks a lot like Mr Cat! Pippin is only grumpy when he hasn't killed anything in a while. One bird and he's back to Mr Sweetie. :)

Not to sound creepy or anything, but I always pictured you in black leather, with a mask. :D I pictured "Catwoman" from the movies, not a woman who owned cats. ;)

Awww, he looks like my sweet Henry. Henry is a cuddlebug though. Very rarely homicidal, and then mostly to crane flies or spiders.

ETA: And you've inspired me to get an avatar. I hate those default silhouettes. I've identified with Mama Rabbit for years and like this image of her with her 3 girls.

I wonder if it is the Mr. that makes a cat turn evil. Hmm. We have a Mr. Meowgie, and he is quite difficult. He weighs 17 lbs and fakes seizures if you try to put him on a diet food. I'm convinced that he is faking, anyway. The vet doesn't seem to understand just how manipulative this cat is! He bites your toes if you don't give him what he wants. He knocks stuff off of counters and tables just because he can. The moment a child walks away from their cup of water, it is sent flying to the floor. Seriously, I had to buy cups with lids because of a cat. He gets very huffy if you walk too close his 'bubble' or step over him even though he plops his snarky butt right in the middle of your path. He has tried to kill me on the stairs numerous times.

Our non-Mr cats (McCoy and Spock) are sweet and will love on you. It must be the name.

I wonder if it is the Mr. that makes a cat turn evil. Hmm. We have a Mr. Meowgie, and he is quite difficult. He weighs 17 lbs and fakes seizures if you try to put him on a diet food. I'm convinced that he is faking, anyway. The vet doesn't seem to understand just how manipulative this cat is! He bites your toes if you don't give him what he wants. He knocks stuff off of counters and tables just because he can. The moment a child walks away from their cup of water, it is sent flying to the floor. Seriously, I had to buy cups with lids because of a cat. He gets very huffy if you walk too close his 'bubble' or step over him even though he plops his snarky butt right in the middle of your path. He has tried to kill me on the stairs numerous times.

Our non-Mr cats (McCoy and Spock) are sweet and will love on you. It must be the name.

Nah, it isn't the "Mr." that turns them evil -- we have a female cat who hates cats and pretty much every other living thing except our family. I used to speculate that she was Sith, but she's too dumb for that.

We, too, had a cat who would fake illness to get better food. He had been sick with something that gave this awful laryngitis-like meow, and whenever I heard him I felt so sorry for him that I'd give him a treat. After he recovered, he would still wander into the kitchen and fake the "sick meow", hoping for a treat.

His name is Mr. Cat.

Honey, I knew you could do it. You have been a busy little poster today and earned your avatar - and even sooner than I expected! Looking at Mr. Cat, I am getting some sly vibes. Does that describe him accurately?

It's the perfect avatar for you.

As for the name, I've had a cat named Kitty, and one named E.C., which stood for Extra Cat. We had 2 cats and didn't want another. When we found him in a parking lot, we tried to find a home for him. We couldn't find anyone to take him, so he became our extra cat.

We had a cat named Mr. Cat too!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I named my first cat, "Mr. Mistoffelees" from Cats. Partly cause I'm a huge fan, but more b/c my then 3 yo couldn't pronounce it right, and called him, "Mr. Awful Fleas" :lol:

When you think about it, the kid wasn't too far off! :D

It definitely suits you!!! Love it!! And Mr. Cat is a handsome little kitty.

Thanks -- he says if you come to visit, he might not try to kill you. Not right away, anyhow... ;)

I think he likes you. :001_wub:

Something like this?

YES!!! :)

Love the picture, but really love the name. Really! :lol: A picture of our adorable Pippin the Wonder Cat used to be in my signature, but I guess we can't have pics there anymore. He looks a lot like Mr Cat! Pippin is only grumpy when he hasn't killed anything in a while. One bird and he's back to Mr Sweetie. :)

That's so cool -- many years ago, I had a Maltese named Pippin the Wonder Dog. He was little, but he was scrappy!

Now all I can think of is: You're a mean one, Mr. Cat You really are a heel... He's cute though! (ETA: in a diabolical sort of way)

:eek: Now I've got the Grinch song stuck in my head!!! :D

For some reason, I always thought you had an avatar. I guess I was just imagining the black leather costume in the blank spot whenever I'd see your screen name. ;)

Not to sound creepy or anything, but I always pictured you in black leather, with a mask. :D I pictured "Catwoman" from the movies, not a woman who owned cats. ;)

It was a tough choice between Julie Newmar and Mr Cat! (IMO, she was the only REAL Catwoman. The others were just cheap imitations!)

Awww, he looks like my sweet Henry. Henry is a cuddlebug though. Very rarely homicidal, and then mostly to crane flies or spiders.

ETA: And you've inspired me to get an avatar. I hate those default silhouettes. I've identified with Mama Rabbit for years and like this image of her with her 3 girls.

I like your avatar, too -- I love Beatrix Potter stuff!

Yay, an avatar! Looks awesome!

Thanks!!! :)

It's perfect. I love Mr. Cat! :)

That's a whole lot of posts!! Congrats on the milestone. Cute kitty!

Great pic for your avatar!!

and

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: for your 10k posts!

THANK YOU!!! :)

Cats are so smart! LOL about the fake seizures!!!

Nah, it isn't the "Mr." that turns them evil -- we have a female cat who hates cats and pretty much every other living thing except our family. I used to speculate that she was Sith, but she's too dumb for that.

We, too, had a cat who would fake illness to get better food. He had been sick with something that gave this awful laryngitis-like meow, and whenever I heard him I felt so sorry for him that I'd give him a treat. After he recovered, he would still wander into the kitchen and fake the "sick meow", hoping for a treat.

I can totally picture Mr Cat pulling the "sick meow" trick!

Honey, I knew you could do it. You have been a busy little poster today and earned your avatar - and even sooner than I expected! Looking at Mr. Cat, I am getting some sly vibes. Does that describe him accurately?

Well, you did sort of inspire me to post a lot to get here tonight! ;)

And your sly vibes were 100% accurate!

Congrats! Adorable kitty :D

Thanks -- I think Mr Cat would have preferred a more elegant full-body shot, but I thought the one with just his eyes looked cooler.

I think this is a good line to be turned into haiku. Who wants to try?

Not me! I am the world's worst poet!!! :D

Congratulations on 10,000! Impressive :D

I wish I had as much to say, lol.

Thank you -- I'm sure many people wish I had a lot less to say.... :tongue_smilie: