Menu

Another Change Of Plans...

God has a sense of humour.

Something's come up, which means that no, we're not going to be staying in the mobile, so now we're searching for a rental in the nearest large city (1.5 hrs away).

ARGH! Just when I've resigned myself...It's time to scramble and put new plans into place.

So, if folks wouldn't mind praying yet AGAIN for us, that we can find a rental at an affordable price, that will allow both kids AND pets, it would be appreciated.

Sorry to be so needy lately. Things just keep coming at us at the speed of light, and we're basically feeling like we're dancing on the edge of a sword, while juggling explosives.

OK Imp! Hopefully countdown to being out of the trailer.

I love your analogies..... the rice up nose one really made me laugh.

Thanks, :lol:

thanks for all the responses.

Wolf and I at this point are just shaking our heads, and laughing, b/c what's the alternative? To run screaming into the night, or curl up in the fetal position somewhere. And, since we have kids, that's just not allowed.

SunnyDays, my goal is to have a boring life. God's just not agreeing w/that :lol:

God has a sense of humour.

So, if folks wouldn't mind praying yet AGAIN for us, that we can find a rental at an affordable price, that will allow both kids AND pets, it would be appreciated.

Sorry to be so needy lately. Things just keep coming at us at the speed of light, and we're basically feeling like we're dancing on the edge of a sword, while juggling explosives.

I don't think you're being needy at all. I'm one of those shout to the world when you need prayers, 'cause every little bit helps. :001_smile:

And, God has an awesome way of making it better just when you think there's nothing left. Praying! :grouphug:

Thanks everyone.

Going to see 2 places this aft.

We're a bit leery. Neither of the places is being shown by the owner. One place, the owner is out of province, and the guy showing it seems to be a total dipstick...couldn't cough up the address when first asked, "I know where it is, how to get there..." but had to fumble for the addy.

Other guy is showing it for his parents.

Just a bit leery, b/c you hear of scams all the time, and that's sooooooo not what we need (not that anyone does!).

So, praying for discernment.

Thanks everyone.

Going to see 2 places this aft.

We're a bit leery. Neither of the places is being shown by the owner. One place, the owner is out of province, and the guy showing it seems to be a total dipstick...couldn't cough up the address when first asked, "I know where it is, how to get there..." but had to fumble for the addy.

Other guy is showing it for his parents.

Just a bit leery, b/c you hear of scams all the time, and that's sooooooo not what we need (not that anyone does!).

So, praying for discernment.

I'd ask the first guy for the owner's number to confirm that he is having someone show it for him. The second guy I would question him like crazy when I went to see it. You can't be too careful. Out here I can look up property records so I always double check all information, ask too many questions, etc.

The place we are in now, :lol:, people here would have a heart attack on how we got it. We called the guy, he did not know the address (yes seriously). We got directions and came to look at 2 of the apartments. We did our walkthroughs and he asked if we wanted them. I told him that I had to discuss with my SO. My sister, on the other hand, wrote him a check for rent plus deposit and BAM! place is hers. No lease, no background check, nothing. Only after she handed him a check and drove away did she question if he was really the owner/landlord. :lol: Don't worry the story thankfully has a happy ending and it wasn't a scam (and we got the other apartment with no lease and no background check as well). I did go home and research the place before we agreed to rent though. :tongue_smilie: Out here in rural Iowa people seem really trustworthy. An older farmer doesn't appear to be a scam artist I guess.

what's the alternative? To run screaming into the night, or curl up in the fetal position somewhere. And, since we have kids, that's just not allowed.

I have many days where the only thing stopping me from doing those things is the fact that I have a child I am responsible for! Motherhood definitely gives you strength you never knew you had!

:grouphug:

Well, the first place, Wolf wouldn't even let me get out of the truck. Yeaaaaaah, so not.

2nd place was lovely, waiting to hear if we get it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Well, mentally anyway. I was going to actually keep them crossed, but it made it hard to wash the dishes!