Menu

Six junk removal trucks lined up in front of my neighbor's house...

When we went out tonight, four of them were full to the brim with beds, couches, boxes, clothes, etc.

I'm guessing that she is losing the house and is already gone...? I saw her coming down the driveway Tuesday when I took the trash out, and she waved.

You just never know I guess.

Six trucks? My neighbor's house had a large dumpster parked in front of it for a week while workers emptied it out. But this house had been abandoned (with all the furnishings) and unoccupied for about 3 years. It was emptied then gutted and fixed up. Now nice people live there.

Witness Protection?

OOH! I hope it's that one!

It probably isn't, but it would give you the best stories to tell at parties for years to come. You can bring up the subject very casually...

"Oh, my neighbor used to make the best deviled eggs and I was just about to get her secret recipe when she went into the Witness Protection Program and we never saw her again."

And then of course, people are going to want details. Never mind that you don't actually have any. Just make stuff up. It's not like the woman is going to show up at the party and call you a liar, right?

Make it FUN! :D

It probably isn't, but it would give you the best stories to tell at parties for years to come. You can bring up the subject very casually...

"Oh, my neighbor used to make the best deviled eggs and I was just about to get her secret recipe when she went into the Witness Protection Program and we never saw her again."

And then of course, people are going to want details. Never mind that you don't actually have any. Just make stuff up. It's not like the woman is going to show up at the party and call you a liar, right?

^^^That is awesome. Even if it's not true you can still say it is!

Six junk trucks? How big is her house? I don't think we own even 2 junk trucks of stuff. My first thought, like many others, was Hoarders.

Exactly. It's not like anyone can prove you're lying. ("Well, if you don't believe me, just go on over to her house and you'll see that she's not there anymore," and then be sure to add, in a patronizing yet very hush-hush tone, "Because she's in the Witness Protection Program.") Be sure to roll your eyes for maximum effect. Like this: :rolleyes:

It's something that most people wouldn't even think of making up, so there's a certain amount of instant credibility built in to the whole story.

If you go with the Hoarders option, it just sounds like your neighbor was a slob and that your entire neighborhood is probably filled with rats and vermin. :ack2: I don't think that's nearly as cool as the Witness Protection Program thing.

Six junk trucks? How big is her house? I don't think we own even 2 junk trucks of stuff. My first thought, like many others, was Hoarders.

It was beds, bookcases, boxes of stuff, bags, etc. etc. Four bedroom house with finished basement and garage in a nicer area. It looked like a full house of stuff, maybe more. I counted four beds and two couches in the trucks.

No one appears to be home now. I feel so bad for her.

Exactly. It's not like anyone can prove you're lying. ("Well, if you don't believe me, just go on over to her house and you'll see that she's not there anymore," and then be sure to add, in a patronizing yet very hush-hush tone, "Because she's in the Witness Protection Program.") Be sure to roll your eyes for maximum effect. Like this: :rolleyes:

It's something that most people wouldn't even think of making up, so there's a certain amount of instant credibility built in to the whole story.

If you go with the Hoarders option, it just sounds like your neighbor was a slob and that your entire neighborhood is probably filled with rats and vermin. :ack2: I don't think that's nearly as cool as the Witness Protection Program thing.

:lol:

LOL. This reminds me of the time my husband was convinced that a new couple at our old church were spies (for the US). They were in our small group so we were getting to know them better and I remember there were some indications he might be right. He's not type to go all conspiracy theory on me either, but I kept brushing him off reminding him to mind his own business. Unfortunately, my husband isn't exactly known for being tactful :rolleyes: and I guess I couldn't stand it anymore so he asked them after church one Sunday :svengo: Surprisingly, we never saw them again.

LOL. This reminds me of the time my husband was convinced that a new couple at our old church were spies (for the US). They were in our small group so we were getting to know them better and I remember there were some indications he might be right. He's not type to go all conspiracy theory on me either, but I kept brushing him off reminding him to mind his own business. Unfortunately, my husband isn't exactly known for being tactful :rolleyes: and I guess I couldn't stand it anymore so he asked them after church one Sunday :svengo: Surprisingly, we never saw them again.

Spies! I love that one!!! And your dh actually asked them about it -- that is PRICELESS!!! :hurray:

Yeah, I wonder why you never saw them again, too... :D

Well, it's not like they were very GOOD spies, if a guy at church figured them out :tongue_smilie:

Perhaps. Or Princess Mommy's DH is really good at that kind of thing. Better yet, let's just say that PrincessMommy's DH is a spy himself. He figured it out, not because they weren't good spies, but because he's better than them. Really we must think of all the possibilities. :tongue_smilie:

Perhaps. Or Princess Mommy's DH is really good at that kind of thing. Better yet, let's just say that PrincessMommy's DH is a spy himself. He figured it out, not because they weren't good spies, but because he's better than them. Really we must think of all the possibilities. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, now my head is spinning.

Too. Many. Possibilities!!! :D

:lol: Yeah, you figured it out alright. I'm sure I can trust everyone to keep them quiet. ;);)

Maybe the OP's neighbor was a spy! Her cover was blown so she had to extricate herself and get rid of all the evidences of her.. spyness.

Uh oh now that we know about her DH Princess Mommy can't ever come back here. :001_huh:

I have heard of cases where people lost all their stuff because the landlord evicted them and locked them out. When I was a kid, I had a friend who refused to keep his basketball in his apartment because it was important to him and he didn't want to lose it while at school.

I have heard of cases where people lost all their stuff because the landlord evicted them and locked them out.

This is true, but OP says the neighbor smiled and waved at her when she saw her so probably not an eviction case. We had neighbors who were renting the house next door and they knew they were going to get evicted because they weren't paying their rent for a loooooooooong time. They skipped town in the night and the owner put all of their carp on the street that was left in the house.