Menu

Special cup of coffee

:lol:

I remember a few Christmases ago, I put Bailey's in my am coffee.

Totally was NOT thinking...I was viewing it as a flavoured creamer, my decaf brain didn't think about the alcohol content.

I was half cracked by 10am, and had to go for a nap :lol:

Why would you think that would be bad? ;) Sounds like that all-around responsible thing to do, to me. Happy and patient are good things, right?

FYI, I do a lot of horse shows--we don't start the morning without a bit of Bailey's. By 8 a.m., we've moved on to vodka. Just sayin'. Happy and patient. :D

FYI, I do a lot of horse shows--we don't start the morning without a bit of Bailey's. By 8 a.m., we've moved on to vodka. Just sayin'. Happy and patient. :D

Heh. I worked horse show concession stands when I was a kid, and we had plenty of regular customers request the "special hot chocolate." I'm sure the horses appreciated all that happiness and patience. :)

Booze just isn;t in the grocery budget... and I have a morning class or activity to drive a kid to almost everyday... i think that's God's way of making sure I don't make special coffee a habit.

I happen to have a bottle that was gifted to me and it's been in the cabinet for a long time. Figured it was time to dust it off.

Kids? What kids?

I happen to have a bottle that was gifted to me and it's been in the cabinet for a long time. Figured it was time to dust it off.

Kids? What kids?

You know, I'm thinking if it was a gift and you haven't used it yet, well shame on you. Someone spent time thinking about what would bless yo..er..your children. Do it for their sake. :D

Totally was NOT thinking...I was viewing it as a flavoured creamer, my decaf brain didn't think about the alcohol content.

Good times.... good times.... :thumbup:

You know, I'm thinking if it was a gift and you haven't used it yet, well shame on you. Someone spent time thinking about what would bless yo..er..your children. Do it for their sake. :D

That is such an important point.

How hurt would your friends be if they found out you'd never used their gift? I mean, they thought about you; they shopped for something special; they wrapped it up and gave it to you... and there it is. Unopened.

You. Should. Be. Ashamed.

You are being terribly ungrateful by not opening it right now and having some.

It's the right thing to do.

And sharing it with us would be even more right, because then you'd be both grateful and generous at the same time. :tongue_smilie:

All of my holiday coffee is special. Crowds and commotion are especially trying for me. If I was having a particularly hard morning though, I wouldn't hesitate to smooth it out some. Kids learn better from a mom that is both alert (caffiene) and relaxed (special additive of your choice).

It still summer break at our house, and I *still* want the special coffee. My oldest is micromanaging every. single. thing. the other children do.

I think I have a tiny bit of Grand Marnier left in the cupboard...(rummages)

How could I forget that! Another teenage drama tactic that belongs in faithmanor's thread from yesterday and the s/o thread of teenage drama tactics. I suppose the arguing over whether or not he/she is really micromanaging is the next stage of drama. :lol: You are not alone.

My ds just stated he needed a drink with his lunch. I muttered that I need one too. Alas I have nothing and may have to settle for plain coffee. I don't think I can get through algebra with a buzz, although it would probably be better that way.

<snort>

I may need to resort to special afternoon coffee as dd17 works on her calculus this year...

:lol::lol::lol:

Thank you, now I now how to handle Christmas mornings! :lol:

That is such an important point.

How hurt would your friends be if they found out you'd never used their gift? I mean, they thought about you; they shopped for something special; they wrapped it up and gave it to you... and there it is. Unopened.

You. Should. Be. Ashamed.

You are being terribly ungrateful by not opening it right now and having some.

It's the right thing to do.

And sharing it with us would be even more right, because then you'd be both grateful and generous at the same time. :tongue_smilie:

:iagree:

And furthermore, it's Kahlua! :w00t:

Kahlua on ice cream is pretty tasty. It has to be good for us because so many of us are women and we need to up our calcium intake.

A friend of mine has a nightly "Hobojito". It's Sprite Zero with a shot of Rum in it. This is her favorite drink now that her mint plant has died and she can't make Mojitos anymore.

In other news I just resupplied myself with the candy Cow Tails that my dd can't eat since she got her braces. I may be made of a little bit of evil.

Should I mention that Kahlua has a peppermint mocha variety that you can find around Christmastime (or, if you're lucky, all year because for some inexplicable reason, the store didn't sell it all)?

I think that some special coffee might be in order here one of these days!

Kahlua on ice cream is pretty tasty. It has to be good for us because so many of us are women and we need to up our calcium intake.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's all about good health, people.

Calcium is our friend.

Because, really, if you don't have your health (and some ice cream and Kahlua, obviously,) life is hardly worth living.

A friend of mine has a nightly "Hobojito". It's Sprite Zero with a shot of Rum in it. This is her favorite drink now that her mint plant has died and she can't make Mojitos anymore.

I have an overabundance of mint at my house... it has even taken over the neighbors yards as far as 2 doors away... I can't stand mint, but if someone brings the kahlua for my coffee I'll supply the mint for the Hive... coffeecup.gif food46.gif

I have a French Press for coffee... no K-cups or even paper filters. Oh- i don't bake cupcakes, so someone will have to bring those.

And the only thing people are allowed to pilfer is my mint... Take it home and plant it in a k-cup. ;^D

Edited by Rebel Yell