Menu

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??? It's happening just down the street... PM me, lady, please!

eta: That may have come across not very nice... Sorry, Chucki! It's more of a whiny, panic-filled, help-me kind of plea :)

It doesn't mean anything about what is going on down the street. But since green is involved, and dh works for ...... But alas he is now awake and knows nothing. Info hasn't trickled down to him by the time he left work this am.

Then he says to me, "How'd you find out about what is going on in NC," as he is furiously scouring news sites. :D

Edited by Parrothead

It is on the news right now. They only say that it is a Federal investigation and that several families live there and they think they are from Moldovia????

Interesting.....

I was just outside, and another neighbor who does not have kids, was just coming back from a walk down to the area where one of the news guys said there may be links to the Russian MOB. Yikes. That explains Moldova, I guess.

Do fill us in (if you can) when he learns more!

Which division of DHS is green and which is blue? Can you share that?

Customs is blue

Border Patrol is green

I'm loving this. He is dumbfounded that I know more than him. LOL:lol::lol::lol:

ETA: I'm going to delete an earlier pots re dh's employment.

Fun thread!:lurk5:

About five years ago in my suburban neighborhood, we had a bit of our own intrigue. Apparently the house diagonally across from us was a grow house for pot. The detectives had a good vantage point from my house so for months they staked out the neighbors' house at all times of the day and night in front of my house, my driveway or across the street. Usually it was the same few detectives rotating and I was really happy to have them there since the whole thing was kind of scary. In turn, I think, they were glad to have the insomniac pregnant lady living there. I was able to tell them about odd hours and to watch for the owner. Apparently its a common thing for people to buy a house in an average suburban neighborhood to use for growing. They "rent" the house out to people who do the actual growing and then if the house gets busted they can claim no knowledge of the activity. The detectives were staking out the house to prove that the owner was really the money guy and involved in the whole thing. I'm not sure if they ever nailed him, although after the arrests, (which I missed dangit!) they did tell me I might need to testify. The main detective told me he was surprised I couldn't smell the house just passing by it because they had over 300 plants growing there! Not exactly what I planned for when my family moved into this cute neighborhood in a nice town just a few months prior to all the action. :lol:

It is on the news right now. They only say that it is a Federal investigation and that several families live there and they think they are from Moldovia????

Interesting.....

Ah, we sent an Operation Christmas Child box to Moldovia once. Ds even got a letter in response, which is why we knew where it went.

We were just practicing our Russian too. :confused:

We also made Brownies yesterday. Ds was not aware brownies were a pre-cursor to Girl Scouts. Obviously the adult group should be called the Cupcakes. We could be the WTM branch of the Cupcakes. :lol:

Wonderful now you have me imagining all the things that could be going on in the abandoned house across the street. I will be up tonight checking for lights in the windows...

I am out of yellow nail polish though. Any other suggestions for proper WTM emergency lady in the picture waving attire???

Black pants or skirt, black blouse/shirt/sweater...anything with a hint of yellow or something used as a necktie or scarf - could be hubby's tie, could be a kitchen dishcloth as an ascot...whatever you've got.

Grab the skittles or the starburst and separate out all the yellow and chocolate/black colored pieces and tie up in clear plastic baggie with any tie of your dh's that also has yellow in it!

Walk down the street holding the baggie by the ends of tie, slung over your back, and swagger a bit...if you have a yellow twistie tie, make sure it's hanging out of your mouth while you placidly chew it. Offer your treats to journalists and chances are they'll think you're either nutty enough to have a story or too nutty to be dealt with and realizing you won't leave without the scoop, they'll give you a tidbit or too. :D

Faith

Holy moly! I hate when things like that happen in our neighborhood. When we lived in Barstow,CA one morning I looked out the window and ATF, FBI and local police were raiding our neighbors home. The father was dealing drugs to keep his daughter in college.:001_huh:

We moved out here last September. Dh works at Ft. Irwin. We are getting used to Helecopters flying over with spotlights glaring in the middle of the night. When we first moved in, our neighbor introduced herself by saying, "Welcome to the high desert...the body dumping capital of the world."

It doesn't mean anything about what is going on down the street. But since green is involved, and dh works for green... But alas he is now awake and knows nothing. Info hasn't trickled down to him by the time he left work this am.

Then he says to me, "How'd you find out about what is going on in NC," as he is furiously scouring news sites. :D

He has no idea about the Honeycomb Information Verification & Exchange network. ;)

He has no idea about the Honeycomb Information Verification & Exchange network. ;)

Whoa, an acronym and an official outfit, all in one day.

I feel like we've really accomplished something, even though I still haven't gotten around to getting math books ordered. :001_cool:

It doesn't mean anything about what is going on down the street. But since green is involved, and dh works for ...... But alas he is now awake and knows nothing. Info hasn't trickled down to him by the time he left work this am.

I ought to pull one of his, "It is a matter of national security. I can't tell you."

:lol:

I found the London version of the uniform.

bee-detective-5.jpg

:D

:D :D :D

Ok, counterfeit car parts????

That is what they just announced on the news. So, several families from Moldovia and counterfeit car parts.

I admit I am totally lost.

One man arrested.

It always seems less interesting when you actually find out. We had a SWAT team in my neighborhood last year. Very scary. They actually put holes in the walls of the house and shot tear gas in. Turns out the guy was just squatting, and had an outstanding warrant for something very very minor. He was holed up in the attic.

My feeling was, it is July, in Florida, in an attic. Offer the dude a Gatorade, he will come down. Or the problem will solve itself if you wait a few hours. But no...now the house has holes in it, boarded up windows, etc. At least the squatter was keeping it up nice!

Darn you guys! I told you not to have fun without me and you did. Darnit. I miss everything. Now, somebody had better have saved me some brownies!!!

Man, I was napping when the info came out!

:iagree:

But the comments sure are amusing. :lol:

:lol: at the comments. They added a bit more to the story now.

Ok, counterfeit car parts????

That is what they just announced on the news. So, several families from Moldovia and counterfeit car parts.

I admit I am totally lost.

One man arrested.

Hogwash. It's got to be a cover story.

Truthfully, they're extraterrestrials who are infiltrating the human race, funneling information or weapons or materials back to their mother ship. The reinforced garage is perfect for the portal.

Anyone have psychic papers they can flash around and find out more from the inside?

Truthfully, they're extraterrestrials who are infiltrating the human race, funneling information or weapons or materials back to their mother ship. The reinforced garage is perfect for the portal.

Anyone have psychic papers they can flash around and find out more from the inside?

:iagree:except they aren't extraterrestrials. They were creating counterfeit H.I.V.E-ware.

There's a house that sits at the corner of 2 major streets in my neighborhood. I have to pass it to get to my home. Right now, and for the past 2 hours, there have been ATF agents, state police, and Homeland Security agents raiding the home. There are dozens of unmarked cars around the home, a homeland security and border customs truck, and now a federal truck in which they are loading boxes of evidence. There are probably 100 boxes of evidence lined up in the driveway and along the sidewalk, and they are pulling more from the home.

I live in a suburban neighborhood considered "in the country" to many around here. You just never know who your neighbors are... Scary.

The saddest part is 2 young children (under 5) live at this home... I hope they are okay.

Honestly Jennifer, what time was this? I was coming from 51 and saw a helicopter flying over our area. :glare:

:lol::lol::lol:

OMG, laughing so hard

With Homeland Security?

With ATF and Homeland Security?

Nah. That's local, state, and FBI. ATF, immigration, and Homeland Security would be an international smuggling operation, but probably not drugs unless there's DEA (state and/or fed), too.

Well, they could have been gun-toting, moon-shine making, cigar-smoking, illegal alien terrorists who dabbled in child p*rn.

But I guess that's far-fetched. :001_unsure: