Menu

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You DO mean Captain Morgan's Private Reserve right? MMmmmmmm there is no other :lol:

That is yummy. And my use of the term bottle in the singular is, well, dishonest.

Said rum purchase would include the above, and then also Cruzan Banana, Cruzan Pineapple and Cruzan Mango. Those three we use to make a "Tropical Rum Martini" from a restaurant up on the hill overlooking Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas. I remember the drink recipe. I don't remember the name of the restaurant. :blushing: In my defense, it was 12 years ago. I was in my 30s then! :lol:

I changed my avatar...more recent photo...but tried to keep it enough the same so as not to be too confusing. I "know" people by their avatars, too. :D

I changed my avatar recently, because I've been directing a lot of people to this board and I don't want to be so quickly recognized. Not that I'm hiding, but I don't know, just to have a smidgen of anonymity. And, the picture was from about 7 years and 20 pounds ago. It felt false.

Two things...

A. This thread is making me want a nice mixed drink. I, unfortunately, am also out of rum at the moment. ONE

B. I've only been here about 6 months. So I don't know *any* of you in your previous incarnations, but I also haven't noticed any recent changes. TWO

C. I now have "Love is a Battlefield" in my head, even though neither Nono nor her avatar are actually Pat Benetar. :D THREE

Um, does someone need a new math curriculum or have you finished off the rum? :lol:

TOTALLY KIDDING! :D

Um, does someone need a new math curriculum or have you finished off the rum? :lol:

TOTALLY KIDDING! :D

OOPS!! I tacked that last one on at the end.

Yes, I iz a homeskooling mom!! :D (Are you still wondering why I'm out of rum?!?)

I think I'll go back and change that... LOL...

OOPS!! I tacked that last one on at the end.

Yes, I iz a homeskooling mom!! :D (Are you still wondering why I'm out of rum?!?)

I think I'll go back and change that... :LOL:

No, don't change it! That's no fun. How else will you prove that your rum is gone? I think I killed a kitten somewhere along the way, if it makes you feel better. Mrs. Mungo has really upped my conscientiousness of cat homicide. ETA: And that is why I would miss her if she went away or changed her signature.

:lol:

I refuse to join FB. :D

:D

Me too.

Same here.

(I will not even consider it as long a mil has an account; I just do not want daily contact with mean-jean. (She calls herself that btw.)

Glad to know that I am not the only one who refuses to join FB. :)

Mandy

I was on the old boards. I remember people's stories more than their names. There are only a few names that I would notice if they were to disappear and I'm sure that would take me awhile. I have a hard enough time remembering names IRL, so I don't even try here on the boards. <sigh>

Mandy

Well, don't any of you Empress', Queens, and Keepers, change anything. :blink: I've looked to you guys for years, even on the old boards. Oh, how will I ever lurk again? :svengo:

Yeah, that's right, my post count is low....that's because I've been so busy collecting honey :toetap05:

Edited by BillieBoy
spelling

Nono, I showed your avatar to dh and he said "Of course that is Pat Benatar" so he and I are both crazy lol cause you would know who it is better than us" I will still think of you as Pat B. or maybe a mixture of Joan Jett and Pat B.

and hey what was that short comment, stretching to my full height of 5 ft even.

I've been on since the old boards and I read the board everyday, but I am not up to very high of a post count yet.

I've been working on jumping in more lately though.

I am so attached to this board and the posters in it but I somehow missed some of the name changes. Pencil Pusher I happen to catch when it changed but I'd love a PM with the current info on the other changes.

I get so used to the familiarity here and hate when I can't figure out the mystery.

Love this board though and had no idea what to do with myself when it was down last.

I think I may need more friends IRL :)

I think there are a lot of people who have a tendency to read the board but don't post much so they "look" new. I know for myself, I have been on this site for six years I believe. I was here way back before the site changed. For the previous three years I rarely came on but once in awhile and posted only sporadically because I just didn't seem to have the time or energy to come online. I have never changed my name although I have though about it because mine is boring.

I'd love a PM with the current info on the other changes.

I get so used to the familiarity here and hate when I can't figure out the mystery.

Love this board though and had no idea what to do with myself when it was down last.

I think I may need more friends IRL :)

Hey if you hear anything please let me know. I don't even know who pencil pusher is/was..

Definitely know I need more friends irl!

I've been missing lately, a lot going on. Hoping to post a seperate thread here soon if I can find the time.

Please do. I know you have to be incredibly overwhelmed right now. But when you get a chance to update. Let us know. :grouphug:

I can't imagine why some here would be annoyed by that or think less of me for doing so. My decision to change my name had nothing to do with the folks on the board and everything to do with something IRL.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but my annoyance isn't at any particular individual. It's more like when you move to a new house and the dishwasher is on the opposite side from where it was in your old house, trash days are different, you can't easily find what you need at the grocery store, etc. In other words, it is disorienting. I tend to think of it like having a party where a handful of guests show up with a mask on. They join in the conversation and tell you they've been to oodles of parties with you before but you're just like :confused:, I'm sorry but who are you? It is disorienting.

We get to "know" people and then they are gone...or are they? Someone disappears. Then someone else (or not, as the case may be) comes along and sounds so familiar. Deja vu? Nope. A name change. It's disorienting. Again, I am not one to condemn individuals for it, as I know there are good reasons, but that doesn't mean that I am not allowed to be confused or yes, in some cases, even annoyed.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

This thread just has me so curious. Would I even recognize who is missing? I hadn't noticed, but now I'm wondering....

Also I have the urge to change my name. :glare:

I have to say I'd get real serious if I thought IRL people were following me around here....I like hiding out :coolgleamA:

I changed my name a few months ago, although I'm quite sure no one missed the old me. Mine wasn't for privacy, I just hated the name!
I was under the impression that changing a username was not an easy option! Hmmm...maybe it is time to update. The last time I changed my username it was due to wanting to get away from the fact that I posted about teaching my boys to sit down while using the toilet and all that mess (no pun intended, lol)... :leaving:

I've been recognized IRL too and I have thought about changing my name, but thought I needed a more serious reason than just "I don't like it when people in my real life collide with my board life!" :lol: I do get that the collision can be more serious and creepy though. :grouphug:

Don't you think it's funny that a lot of us are like "Send me a PM so I can figure out who these people are!" But I might be the secret stalker and someone unknowingly told me how to find my person!!! Mmmmmuuuuuuaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!

I've been recognized IRL too and I have thought about changing my name, but thought I needed a more serious reason than just "I don't like it when people in my real life collide with my board life!" :lol: I do get that the collision can be more serious and creepy though. :grouphug:

Don't you think it's funny that a lot of us are like "Send me a PM so I can figure out who these people are!" But I might be the secret stalker and someone unknowingly told me how to find my person!!! Mmmmmuuuuuuaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!

Yes, I had the same thought, which keeps me from thinking I need a pm---which I don't really need anyway b/c I don't really think I'm around here enough for any of this to truly affect me....I think....:confused:

I will say, I thought I discovered a missing person, but I searched (not stalked) her name, and she's still here!

I did notice new names but thought it was just me not being observant and not remembering them. I don't have a great memory so it really didn't register on my radar to be confused. How's that for embarrassing? I'm so out of the loop!!! The sad thing is that I don't think I could figure out the new names of anyone on my own. For those with the name changes who don't mind people knowing, sorry I'm so unobservant! For those with name changes who don't want people knowing, you're safe with me! :tongue_smilie:

I did notice new names but thought it was just me not being observant and not remembering them. I don't have a great memory so it really didn't register on my radar to be confused. How's that for embarrassing? I'm so out of the loop!!! The sad thing is that I don't think I could figure out the new names of anyone on my own. For those with the name changes who don't mind people knowing, sorry I'm so unobservant! For those with name changes who don't want people knowing, you're safe with me! :tongue_smilie:

I can top your lack of memory and confusion -- when I saw Gailmegan's posts I was confused as to whether I had posted them, since the name "gail" was at the beginning of her name.

I keep saying I need to get more sleep. I think this proves it.:sleep: