Menu

Mine was changed eons ago (in board years). At the time I pm'ed the entire universe to tell who I was, except for the stalker, obviously. If I missed you or you forgot, anyone, please pm me, but you might not want to bother because many people have told me I'm much more memorable now than I was under the old identity. (Well, one person said "notorious" but I took her to mean "memorable.") So you'd probably say, "Huh. I don't remember _____ at all."

What is funny is I remember you before and after, but I have completely forgotten your previous name.;)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not around enough to even notice the name changes. So now I'm wondering what I've missed. Do I waste the time trying to sleuth it out, or go back to planning the fall? hmmmm.....

Some of us are looking for any reason to procrastinate.

I am pro-procrastination, I just never got around to making a sign.

Mine was changed eons ago (in board years). At the time I pm'ed the entire universe to tell who I was, except for the stalker, obviously. If I missed you or you forgot, anyone, please pm me, but you might not want to bother because many people have told me I'm much more memorable now than I was under the old identity. (Well, one person said "notorious" but I took her to mean "memorable.") So you'd probably say, "Huh. I don't remember _____ at all."

I remember when your name changed, but you are one I could never figure out. I love the name Tibbie Dunbar. (Man, I hope I wasn't the stalker...)

There is one person in particular that I wonder about. I was following her journey and it was fraught with peril!!! I want to know how her life is doing. I would pm and ask somebody, but I don't know who to ask :confused: I know at some point some where gathering aid for her, but I can't remember who was heading that up.

I miss seeing others as well. But they may just be busy. Oh it is so confusing. I don't have a high post count, but I have been hanging around for a couple of years now ;) and I definitely notice the missing people. It's like invasion of the body snatchers...online! :willy_nilly:Ok, I admit it, there is one person I don't miss :001_huh: :leaving: ...she's watching me now isn't she :001_unsure:

I cannot keep it straight, to start with, so leaving and coming back, short break or long, it's all the same to ditzy me. I remember a picture (avatar.) Maybe a name will stick in my brain. Lori D. is very wise and helpful. A couple of people mention places so I know they live near me. I have huge admiration for so very many people on here. I get peeved with others. I wish I'd thought up some witty, representative name for myself, rather than just my boring initials, but I thought it was against the rules to change names.

Now, let me start working on something that makes me sound smart, witty, interesting, fun, accomplished.....oops, that would be a lie. Maybe I'll stay me, too.

That's why I used MY name as my username. :lol:

See now, I thought you were someone who was once someone else. Whew, that's a strange sentence :001_huh:. Anyway, I'll feel bad pming people. It's like that book "Are You My Mother?" I'll be that strange person who keeps pming people, asking, "Are you my missing person?".

I definitely know you by your name and posts now, but I have no clue who you used to be. But I only hang out here in bursts (usually on days when I am hanging at home over the summer).

I changed my avatar...more recent photo...but tried to keep it enough the same so as not to be too confusing. I "know" people by their avatars, too. :D

I go more by pictures than names too. If I really know the poster the changing avatar doesn't mess me up too much, but many posters register in my minds as their avatars, not their user names.

Guest submarines
I go more by pictures than names too. If I really know the poster the changing avatar doesn't mess me up too much, but many posters register in my minds as their avatars, not their user names.

I tried several times, but haven't been able to add an avatar. :confused: I thought maybe I need to be a certain level to be granted the luxury. :D

Well, I haven't been around that long (compared to some!), so I don't notice these things. :D

Some of the people I recognize... but actually I didn't have an avatar for a long time, and only after reading a thread where people said that they couldn't remember someone without an avatar! Then I was like, crap! I'm invisible!

So I found myself an avatar that day. :D :lol:

Well, I haven't been around that long (compared to some!), so I don't notice these things. :D

Some of the people I recognize... but actually I didn't have an avatar for a long time, and only after reading a thread where people said that they couldn't remember someone without an avatar! Then I was like, crap! I'm invisible!

So I found myself an avatar that day. :D :lol:

I was a group of lemurs for 3 ish years. I don't think that I will ever use my real picture cause I don't want to see myself that often :lol:. But, I come across your posts frequently and I associate you with your avatar so your plan is working perfectly. :D

I was a group of lemurs for 3 ish years. I don't think that I will ever use my real picture cause I don't want to see myself that often :lol:. But, I come across your posts frequently and I associate you with your avatar so your plan is working perfectly. :D

YES!!! :party: :lol:

I also tend to know people by their avatars. My favorite is Pat Benatar, uh I mean Nono. I love her avatar and when I mention her to my dh or dd, Pat Benatar is the image that I have in my head.

....how bad is it that I didn't know that's who that was? ...Pat Benatar, I mean. :lol: :leaving:

I am still myself. No need for the coy little name-switch tricks for me. I'm not that into the covert operations of the board anyway. :tongue_smilie:

Ooooh...are there special forces on the board? Are they called the Well-Trained Forces (although the acronym for that one might cause trouble)? Homeschool Ninjas? *Cue the Mission Impossible theme song*

Ooooh...are there special forces on the board? Are they called the Well-Trained Forces (although the acronym for that one might cause trouble)? Homeschool Ninjas? *Cue the Mission Impossible theme song*

Well, I don't really know, but the tag on this thread is very funny, and seemingly apt. There does seem to be Well Trained Witness Protection Program of sorts. It's not a very good one, though. :tongue_smilie: :lol:

Well when I first changed mine I put my old (in a faint color with asterisks for the vowels) in my sig for about a month.

See, I often read the boards without my reading glasses, ya young whippersnapper! You are so familiar, but I can't figure out who you are for the life of me!

Jeannie, I'm taller than that.

Signed,

-Joan Jett

I am still myself. No need for the coy little name-switch tricks for me. I'm not that into the covert operations of the board anyway. :tongue_smilie:

I'd be very disappointed if you changed your avatar or name or your siggy. I smile when I see them.

Well when I first changed mine I put my old (in a faint color with asterisks for the vowels) in my sig for about a month.

It was either change it or leave the boards.

All anyone has to do is pm me.;)

I think everyone copies you and PP. Look what you two have done. Started a trend. :D

See, I often read the boards without my reading glasses, ya young whippersnapper! You are so familiar, but I can't figure out who you are for the life of me!

Jeannie, I'm taller than that.

Signed,

-Joan Jett

LOL, I'm not up on celebrities and I thought that was your real picture.

Some of us are looking for any reason to procrastinate.

I am pro-procrastination, I just never got around to making a sign.

:D :D :D :D

I haven't made my sign yet, either. Maybe we can do it together. Let's talk about it again tomorrow. Or the next day.

LOL, I'm not up on celebrities and I thought that was your real picture.

I actually chose her as my avatar because of her song "Bad Reputation" because that's what I usually end up with on boards! I thought softening up the background with peach would signify I'm not a total "in your face" person.

I know. Debatable. ;)

You do seem to be bolder as Tibbie. I like it.

The most recent change of name threw me a bit since the person retained their fairly high post count and yet I was sure I had not seen the name before.:001_smile:

I've been here since the old boards, yet am not a huge poster. I don't take board breaks on purpose, but life often gets in the way of being here every day. It seems a lot of people changed their names and/or avatars and I'm so :confused: to who many people are!

I'm not around enough to even notice the name changes. So now I'm wondering what I've missed. Do I waste the time trying to sleuth it out, or go back to planning the fall? hmmmm.....

I've been mostly away for a little while too, and am now wondering the same thing...

I think I'd better go back to planning, though, and let everyone sort themselves out. I still know who I am, and I suppose that's the most important thing. ;)

There is one person in particular that I wonder about. I was following her journey and it was fraught with peril!!! I want to know how her life is doing. I would pm and ask somebody, but I don't know who to ask :confused: I know at some point some where gathering aid for her, but I can't remember who was heading that up.

I miss seeing others as well. But they may just be busy. Oh it is so confusing. I don't have a high post count, but I have been hanging around for a couple of years now ;) and I definitely notice the missing people. It's like invasion of the body snatchers...online! :willy_nilly:Ok, I admit it, there is one person I don't miss :001_huh: :leaving: ...she's watching me now isn't she :001_unsure:

Has anyone PMed you yet?

I changed my avatar...more recent photo...but tried to keep it enough the same so as not to be too confusing. I "know" people by their avatars, too. :D

I noticed you looked a bit thinner in the current avatar. I thought that was why you changed it.

I tried several times, but haven't been able to add an avatar. :confused: I thought maybe I need to be a certain level to be granted the luxury. :D

You should be able to add an avatar with your post count. You need a great big sunflower.

I also tend to know people by their avatars. My favorite is Pat Benatar, uh I mean Nono. I love her avatar and when I mention her to my dh or dd, Pat Benatar is the image that I have in my head.

For the longest time I wondered if Nono's avatar was her. I thought she was a hot look-alike.

Swellmomma heads up the Black Ops. ninja.gif

(Did I spell Brandi's screen name correctly? I have to cut back on the rum.)

Has anyone PMed you yet?

Yes, thank you! 2 lovely people pmed me. It makes sense now. :D

Hey, do you have any actual parrots at home? Is there one on your shoulder right now? I only ask because I am surrounded by stuffed hippos at the moment and I thought 'how interesting' given the timing and the conversation about avatars and such. I'm just rambling...:D I should really figure out why they are all being set up to stare at me. It's kind of unnerving actually. :001_huh:

(Did I spell Brandi's screen name correctly? I have to cut back on the rum.)

No fair. I'm out. (I have been since April. You'd think I could manage to get a new bottle. But, they always raise the prices on rum by approx. $5 a bottle here in the summer. C'mon October! ;))

Yes, thank you! 2 lovely people pmed me. It makes sense now. :D

Hey, do you have any actual parrots at home? Is there one on your shoulder right now? I only ask because I am surrounded by stuffed hippos at the moment and I thought 'how interesting' given the timing and the conversation about avatars and such. I'm just rambling...:D I should really figure out why they are all being set up to stare at me. It's kind of unnerving actually. :001_huh:

No, no parrots. I have cats and rum.

No fair. I'm out. (I have been since April. You'd think I could manage to get a new bottle. But, they always raise the prices on rum by approx. $5 a bottle here in the summer. C'mon October! ;))

You DO mean Captain Morgan's Private Reserve right? MMmmmmmm there is no other :lol:

THREE things...

A. This thread is making me want a nice mixed drink. I, unfortunately, am also out of rum at the moment.

B. I've only been here about 6 months. So I don't know *any* of you in your previous incarnations, but I also haven't noticed any recent changes.

C. I now have "Love is a Battlefield" in my head, even though neither Nono nor her avatar are actually Pat Benetar. :D

Edited by SunnyDays