Menu

What is your secret weirdness?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't eat pizza with any toppings. I always take the cheese off and give it to my girls. Then I pull the soft saucy part off with my fork and eat it. Then I eat what is left of the soft saucy part...which is dry bread. Finally I eat the crust. People think I'm a nut. Oops...I guess it's really not a secret...

This reminds me of what I do that is weird that my poor kids inherited... I eat the chocolate off the candy bar on the outside then I eat the middle. My ex used to hate that I did it.:tongue_smilie:

Hair metal bands ROCK! I am not ashamed to say I am totally in love with Jon Bon Jovi. :D

Who isn't? 50 yrs old and still smokin!

Just a tad perhaps. :D

Yeah me too. I love the sound of a Harley going off down the road too, but nothing beats an old school muscle car engine. Swoon! :svengo:

Not Harleys. I love sport bikes.

Oh, I know. You are a great deal of fun.

*mwah!*

Okay, I've not read all 28 pages of replies (I just today opened this thread for the first time).

Here's my weird thing. I always arrange the remaining eggs in the carton to be symmetrical side to side. I'll take eggs out from anywhere in the carton, but before returning the carton to the frig, I arrange the eggs so that they are "even" from side to side. And, it's different each time. Perhaps this time the remaining eggs look like this:

X O X X O X

X O O O O X

And maybe next time, they'll look like this:

X X O O X X

O X O O X O

The goal is that line of symmetry so that each side of the carton is the same.

No, I am not obsessed enough to add another egg to the recipe or omit one to get an even number. If there are an odd number of eggs left in the carton, I can deal with it. No biggee. In that case it'll be symmetrical except for that one egg.

I am the chief cook here. If someone else makes some muffins or whatever and I get to the carton to see that it is like this (gasp):

X X O O O O

X X O O O O

I will fix it by simply moving the rightmost two eggs to that second column from the left to get:

X O O O O X

X O O O O X

:iagree:No way. I do this, too. I love your little diagrams so much. Like you're teaching everyone else how to engage in our particular brand of weirdness. :001_wub:

:iagree:No way. I do this, too. I love your little diagrams so much. Like you're teaching everyone else how to engage in our particular brand of weirdness. :001_wub:

Oh, I have a soul sister!

Actually, after posting this, yesterday we had pancakes and that left eight eggs in the dozen carton. Just to prove that I am not that nutty, I was a huge rebel and left the carton at:

X X O O O O

X X O O O O

Of course the carton felt just horrible and unbalanced as I returned it to the frig. I mean one side had just two eggs, and the other had six! How DO people do that all the time to their egg cartons???

Glad you understand.

Hey, pal, did you find my post in this thread about being addicted to baby wrists? Because you've observed it firsthand! First-wrist? ;)

Yes and I had to chuckle! I remember how much you liked Hudson's chubby wrists. :)

And, now? He's missing his top two front teeth! Can you believe it?:D

I didn't even realized I do this until DH pointed it out to me, but apparently I shake boxes and cans before I put them in the grocery cart. I'll be totally oblivious until DH pipes up, "Yes, Jules, there's something in the box." Then he laughs at me.

Yes and I had to chuckle! I remember how much you liked Hudson's chubby wrists. :)

And, now? He's missing his top two front teeth! Can you believe it?:D

No, I'm sorry. I refuse to believe it. I also refuse to beleive that Charlotte is nearly 3. I guess wanting your kids to stay young and chubby-wristed isn't a weirdness on this board. Is it?

Oh, I have a soul sister!

Actually, after posting this, yesterday we had pancakes and that left eight eggs in the dozen carton. Just to prove that I am not that nutty, I was a huge rebel and left the carton at:

X X O O O O

X X O O O O

Of course the carton felt just horrible and unbalanced as I returned it to the frig. I mean one side had just two eggs, and the other had six! How DO people do that all the time to their egg cartons???

Glad you understand.

REPRESENT!:hurray:

I'm very particular about how the dishwasher is loaded. I've been known to rearrange things if someone else has loaded it. If you knew how I struggle with keeping my house clean, you would understand exactly how weird this is. (oh, and I also do the towel thing, but never thought of it as weird until now :) )

I'm very particular about how the dishwasher is loaded. I've been known to rearrange things if someone else has loaded it. If you knew how I struggle with keeping my house clean, you would understand exactly how weird this is. (oh, and I also do the towel thing, but never thought of it as weird until now :) )

We've been in this house 17 years and when we were newly here another mom and her lil' one came over and we ate a sandwich and she was kind enough to take her little plate to the dishwasher. I then watched her rearrange the contents of my rather full dishwasher. She explained, "I just have to do that, you understand."

She moved away about 12 years ago. I still think of this.

Her name was not Rhonda but she DID move to Texas...

When I am on a high place, like a balcony, tall building with an open window, a cliff........I get really afraid that I am going to spontaneously.........JUMP!!

Me too! And I have never admitted this to anyone before as I feared they would think I had lost it. I even feel the same way when driving over a long bridge. I am consumed with the thought that I might just drive over the side!

One of my other weirdnesses is that I can't stand to touch unfinished wood. Steak knives with unfinished wooden handles make me crazy. The thought of it gives me goose bumps.

When I am on a high place, like a balcony, tall building with an open window, a cliff........I get really afraid that I am going to spontaneously.........JUMP!!

Okay, I have something similar to this that I've never mentioned to another living soul....

If a male stands too close to me, invading my perceived personal space, I get really afraid that I'll reach over and spontaneously.....KISS them!

This has NOTHING to do with attraction! It happens with ANY male and I have to step away from them in horror of the thought! The poor male has no idea what is going on in my head and is simply trying to have a pleasant conversation....and accidentally leaned in too close. I almost want to scream, "Watch out!"

Truly, my husband is the only man I actually WANT to kiss. But I get terrified that I'll reach out and kiss anyone, should he stand close enough.

Weird, I know! :leaving:

Some other weirdness:

- I part my hair to one side or the other. Every morning, I look in the mirror and decide which side to part my hair on that day based on which side of my face looks better. Since my face doesn't really change from day to day, I'm thinking this is rather weird.

- This one may have already been mentioned (I know others here do this, as I recall a thread about this a year or so ago), but if toilet paper isn't hung with the loose part hanging over the top (vs. under), I'm compelled to rehang it. I'm embarrassed to admit I've even done this at other people's homes. I'm working on overcoming this. :o

I do BOTH of these!:001_huh: Sometimes I'll wear my hair parted on the same side for weeks, and then all of a sudden...whoosh, there it goes to the other side. :lol: I make this decision daily based on things only I can see...

And I only eat yogurt with a baby spoon. My preference are the ones with the coated-tips in various colors. My youngest is 4 and has moved on to a small regular spoon, so now the baby spoons are ALL MINE!:D

If I chant "one pink elephant, two pink elephant, three pink elephant...etc" I can finish up on the toilet faster. I have timed silence vs. this chanting. I haven't tried chanting "greasy, grimy gopher guts" but I think anything simplistic and repeated would work. I can shave a couple of seconds off of a full bladder.

So, if you hear me chanting in the jon, you know I'm in a hurry. :)

When I drink a carbonated beverage I swish it around in my mouth to get rid of the bubbles before I swallow.

LOL I have a friend who will only drink soda out of a plastic bottle so he can shake it and release the bubbles before drinking it. Lol.

I like Coke because of the bubbles!

I guess we can still be friends, but we can't drink soda together. :lol:

I have a whole lotta weirdness but I'll just share a few.

When I go out to eat and I order a salad with ranch, I have to test the temperature of the ranch by dipping the back of my pinky finger in it. if it's not cold, I send it back.

I will often, when I'm bored or at other random times, I will count on my hand 1, 3, 5 (using thumb, middle, pinky) Then 2, 4 (using index and ring). I literally chant in my head, 1, 3, 5, 4, 2 over and over......but only with my right hand.....:001_huh:

I don't feel alone now! Funny thing is, I thought it was normal and I've always done it. Then people started taking note of me doing it and would ask me what I was doing. I guess not so normal.:blushing: My husband drinks it straight down and I writhe in pain thinking of the burn in my throat if I did the same, ouch!

LOL I have a friend who will only drink soda out of a plastic bottle so he can shake it and release the bubbles before drinking it. Lol.

I like Coke because of the bubbles!

I guess we can still be friends, but we can't drink soda together. :lol:

You all are cracking me up - this thread is so much fun.

Here are mine:

If I lie on my back and someone rests their hand on my stomach I can't stand it - it's physically painful and I will put up with it for only about two seconds. I cannot sleep snuggled up to someone, and if dh goes an inch onto "my" side of the bed I will lie awake for hours trying to keep myself from running for the couch. I have severe claustrophobia issues, I guess.

I also can't stand to wear hair clips, necklaces, rings, earrings....anything that touches my skin. I have become accustomed to clothes, LOL, but textures bother me - I just overcome it with force of will.

It drives me crazy that other people don't tri-fold their towels.

A dishwasher not organized "my way" bugs me, but I only redo my own.

I eat my food in order - least liked to most liked. I eat all of one thing at a time.

I find one dish in each restaurant I visit regularly and order it every single time.

I eat 2 chocolate chip cookies at 3 pm and 2 more at 10 pm. Every day. I will substitute other chocolate containing things if I have to, but will not be happy about it.

I pack cookies with me on trips and keep them in my room because I get headaches and feel bad if I don't have them at exactly the right time each day.

I refuse to wear shirts with collars unless they are the kind you wear unbuttoned over something else. I have never, ever worn a turtleneck.

I didn't even realized I do this until DH pointed it out to me, but apparently I shake boxes and cans before I put them in the grocery cart. I'll be totally oblivious until DH pipes up, "Yes, Jules, there's something in the box." Then he laughs at me.

You can never be too careful. ;)

I smell everything before I will eat/drink it. Open a can of pop? Take a stiff. Going to butter my toast? Take a sniff. Water? You bet I'm taking a sniff of that!

I've known other people like this. Is there a reason for it or just a habit?

Me too! And I have never admitted this to anyone before as I feared they would think I had lost it. I even feel the same way when driving over a long bridge. I am consumed with the thought that I might just drive over the side!

One of my other weirdnesses is that I can't stand to touch unfinished wood. Steak knives with unfinished wooden handles make me crazy. The thought of it gives me goose bumps.

So do you buy lots of plastic things or finish any unfinished wood?

Okay, I have something similar to this that I've never mentioned to another living soul....

If a male stands too close to me, invading my perceived personal space, I get really afraid that I'll reach over and spontaneously.....KISS them!

This has NOTHING to do with attraction! It happens with ANY male and I have to step away from them in horror of the thought! The poor male has no idea what is going on in my head and is simply trying to have a pleasant conversation....and accidentally leaned in too close. I almost want to scream, "Watch out!"

Truly, my husband is the only man I actually WANT to kiss. But I get terrified that I'll reach out and kiss anyone, should he stand close enough.

Weird, I know! :leaving:

Okay, that is just a little weird, but we won't judge you for it. ;):D:lol:

It would be truly weird if you did actually kiss anyone standing too closely.

If I chant "one pink elephant, two pink elephant, three pink elephant...etc" I can finish up on the toilet faster. I have timed silence vs. this chanting. I haven't tried chanting "greasy, grimy gopher guts" but I think anything simplistic and repeated would work. I can shave a couple of seconds off of a full bladder.

So, if you hear me chanting in the jon, you know I'm in a hurry. :)

It is a relaxing thing. Like some people take magazines to the bathroom. It helps relax the unit so things work more efficiently.

When eating a cheese burger, the tomato MUST be directly on top of the cheese (they enhance each other!) then the lettuce. Onion goes underneath the patty with a mixture of mayo and mustard on the bun. Try it, you'll like it.:D

Funny how so many people have precise instructions on how their sandwiches should be built.

I have a whole lotta weirdness but I'll just share a few.

When I go out to eat and I order a salad with ranch, I have to test the temperature of the ranch by dipping the back of my pinky finger in it. if it's not cold, I send it back.

I will often, when I'm bored or at other random times, I will count on my hand 1, 3, 5 (using thumb, middle, pinky) Then 2, 4 (using index and ring). I literally chant in my head, 1, 3, 5, 4, 2 over and over......but only with my right hand.....:001_huh:

Is it only ranch or do you do the same with other flavors of dressing?

Here are mine:

If I lie on my back and someone rests their hand on my stomach I can't stand it - it's physically painful and I will put up with it for only about two seconds. I cannot sleep snuggled up to someone, and if dh goes an inch onto "my" side of the bed I will lie awake for hours trying to keep myself from running for the couch. I have severe claustrophobia issues, I guess.

I also can't stand to wear hair clips, necklaces, rings, earrings....anything that touches my skin. I have become accustomed to clothes, LOL, but textures bother me - I just overcome it with force of will.

I eat my food in order - least liked to most liked. I eat all of one thing at a time.

I find one dish in each restaurant I visit regularly and order it every single time.

I eat 2 chocolate chip cookies at 3 pm and 2 more at 10 pm. Every day. I will substitute other chocolate containing things if I have to, but will not be happy about it.

I pack cookies with me on trips and keep them in my room because I get headaches and feel bad if I don't have them at exactly the right time each day.

I refuse to wear shirts with collars unless they are the kind you wear unbuttoned over something else. I have never, ever worn a turtleneck.

Dude you are totally aspie or Sheldon Cooper

Here are mine:

So does your internal clock tell you to stop doing ___ when it gets close to time? Or do you just keep going until you finish then go get your cookies?

hmmm.....I'm pretty much just in the dictionary under weird, therefore its hard for me to decide whats "weird" about me when everything seems normal.

- I have rainbow hair

- My clothes range from daggy to goth to "normal" to some weird punk look

- I haven't had a "normal" hair colour since I was a teenager

- My legs currently look like a hobbit (its winter here, and I'm conserving warmth by not shaving.....ya know, thinking of the environment and all)

- Sometimes I play kids games on my iphone....because I can

- I LIKE colouring....there, I said it.

- I do frequently read classics, and serious dystopians, as well as bestsellers, however, if you visit my goodreads page, a large sum of my lists seem to be made up of adult/chick lit, because I like brain fluff, it soothes my head. And happily ever afters.

- I don't tuck in my bedding. I like to curl it round me like a butterfly in a cocoon. I have had DH sit on me because he didn't realise the mound of bedding was me.

- I am unsure what "morning" is and have no idea how it applies to me.

- I am a fire-breathing dragon/ogre until I have had my guarana & caffeine, then I am a sweet fairy who happily plays with the kids.

- I have a very particular way of hanging clothes on the line, anyone else's way is wrong and must be remedied.

- I am not an "in real life" people person to people who just drop-in. I'm naturally shy, and people who just drive up my rural drive without appointments/calling, set my hackles up, but I will just stand their like a doormat and do whatever they say (well thats more like a failing....but its just weird that I can't change it)

- I made a Frankfurt & nutella sandwich when I was younger and pronounced it the best sandwich ever....and it was.

- I have been known to put 100s & 1000s (rainbow ball sprinkles) in my chocolate shake and skip around singing "just like a chocolate milkshake ...only crunchy"

- Somehow I got tomato sauce on the ceiling.....I am still unsure how that happened. (weird fact)

- I failed at creating playdoh. My version turned into a big sticky mess which the children decided to turn into a food fight....there is also some of that on the ceiling

- I have been known to cut my hair when I'm bored.

- I blurt out completely random things

- I can't sleep on my back. It feels like there a rock on top of me crushing me and I feel like I am upside down.

- I can't drive. I will never drive. My father paid me money to never drive.

- I still have food cravings (crave one food, eat anything else I'll be sick) even though I am no longer pregnant

- Whenever I get pregnant, I spend nine months sucking/chewing on a particular brand of eucalptus drops.

- I love plain crisp/chip sandwiches (not the hot kind, the snack kind)

- I spent my teenage years eating a lot of cucumber sandwiches.

- I sit here making lists about how weird I am (proof in and of itself) :lol:

:tongue_smilie:

Does anyone remember Bloody Mary?

That is exactly why I can not look in a mirror in the dark. The worst part is there is 70s mirrored tiles on my livingroom wall and the alcove between the kids rooms. The livingroom I have most covered over. The alcove I close my eyes as I head that way and don't open them until I am facing a child's door.

hmmm.....I'm pretty much just in the dictionary under weird, therefore its hard for me to decide whats "weird" about me when everything seems normal.

- I have rainbow hair

- My clothes range from daggy to goth to "normal" to some weird punk look

- I haven't had a "normal" hair colour since I was a teenager

- My legs currently look like a hobbit (its winter here, and I'm conserving warmth by not shaving.....ya know, thinking of the environment and all)

- Sometimes I play kids games on my iphone....because I can

- I LIKE colouring....there, I said it.

- I do frequently read classics, and serious dystopians, as well as bestsellers, however, if you visit my goodreads page, a large sum of my lists seem to be made up of adult/chick lit, because I like brain fluff, it soothes my head. And happily ever afters.

- I don't tuck in my bedding. I like to curl it round me like a butterfly in a cocoon. I have had DH sit on me because he didn't realise the mound of bedding was me.

- I am unsure what "morning" is and have no idea how it applies to me.

- I am a fire-breathing dragon/ogre until I have had my guarana & caffeine, then I am a sweet fairy who happily plays with the kids.

- I have a very particular way of hanging clothes on the line, anyone else's way is wrong and must be remedied.

- I am not an "in real life" people person to people who just drop-in. I'm naturally shy, and people who just drive up my rural drive without appointments/calling, set my hackles up, but I will just stand their like a doormat and do whatever they say (well thats more like a failing....but its just weird that I can't change it)

- I made a Frankfurt & nutella sandwich when I was younger and pronounced it the best sandwich ever....and it was.

- I have been known to put 100s & 1000s (rainbow ball sprinkles) in my chocolate shake and skip around singing "just like a chocolate milkshake ...only crunchy"

- Somehow I got tomato sauce on the ceiling.....I am still unsure how that happened. (weird fact)

- I failed at creating playdoh. My version turned into a big sticky mess which the children decided to turn into a food fight....there is also some of that on the ceiling

- I have been known to cut my hair when I'm bored.

- I blurt out completely random things

- I can't sleep on my back. It feels like there a rock on top of me crushing me and I feel like I am upside down.

- I can't drive. I will never drive. My father paid me money to never drive.

- I still have food cravings (crave one food, eat anything else I'll be sick) even though I am no longer pregnant

- Whenever I get pregnant, I spend nine months sucking/chewing on a particular brand of eucalptus drops.

- I love plain crisp/chip sandwiches (not the hot kind, the snack kind)

- I spent my teenage years eating a lot of cucumber sandwiches.

- I sit here making lists about how weird I am (proof in and of itself) :lol:

:tongue_smilie:

I hate to disappoint you, but about half of your list is normal.

PS: I'd really like someone to pay me lots of money not to drive. :D