Menu

What is your secret weirdness?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to disappoint you, but about half of your list is normal.

PS: I'd really like someone to pay me lots of money not to drive. :D

If that's true........the world is done for :tongue_smilie: Then again, the thing I probably think are totally normal are the ones people would probably gasp at. But if you count me as normal, can I be your friend? :D The farmer's wives here seem to think I am some sort of crazed nut (when obviously, since they seem to yell at grass, is odd of itself)

And if you met me, you would probably take out a loan to pay me not to drive too. I think a nuclear bomb would cause less destruction.

Oh....and I got bored....so now I have short pixie hair (instead of waist-length) again. And in case you couldn't tell.....at night-time, I go on the forums and babble. ;)

If that's true........the world is done for :tongue_smilie: Then again, the thing I probably think are totally normal are the ones people would probably gasp at. But if you count me as normal, can I be your friend? :D The farmer's wives here seem to think I am some sort of crazed nut (when obviously, since they seem to yell at grass, is odd of itself)

And if you met me, you would probably take out a loan to pay me not to drive too. I think a nuclear bomb would cause less destruction.

Oh....and I got bored....so now I have short pixie hair (instead of waist-length) again. And in case you couldn't tell.....at night-time, I go on the forums and babble. ;)

Babbling is secretly cool. ;)

I smell everything before I will eat/drink it. Open a can of pop? Take a stiff. Going to butter my toast? Take a sniff. Water? You bet I'm taking a sniff of that!

I do this too. Why would I put something in my mouth without smelling it first? *That* would be weird!

I'm very particular about how the dishwasher is loaded. I've been known to rearrange things if someone else has loaded it. If you knew how I struggle with keeping my house clean, you would understand exactly how weird this is. (oh, and I also do the towel thing, but never thought of it as weird until now :) )

Dh won't even load the dishwasher anymore because he got tired of me rearranging it. He just didn't do it right! :D

Also, I like to sit and relax with my left arm over my head. It is straight up but bent at the elbow so it rests on top of my head. It is very comfortable, but people tend to look at me oddly when I do it, so I'm guessing it's weird.

I do this too. Why would I put something in my mouth without smelling it first? *That* would be weird!

Dh won't even load the dishwasher anymore because he got tired of me rearranging it. He just didn't do it right! :D

Also, I like to sit and relax with my left arm over my head. It is straight up but bent at the elbow so it rests on top of my head. It is very comfortable, but people tend to look at me oddly when I do it, so I'm guessing it's weird.

I don't think it is weird that you do it, I think it is weird that you find it comfortable. I just tried it and it hurt! how could that possibly be comfortable?

Nah, I just threw him out. I knew where his hands had been. :ack2:

I'm sorry you went through that, and I know that is SO NOT funny.

But I literally LOL'd. :lol:

ETA: One of my oddities is that I sleep on the couch most nights. In fact, I just let my son move into the master bedroom with my king-size pillow-top because I never sleep there.

Edited by mrbmom77

I also eat the worst to best food in that order. But I have to take a bite of each available course in a certain order. Such as: steak, potatoes, green beans, drink of water, and repeat for every bite. I will carve my food into exact portions so they will all fit in. And I eat the best looking food last (like my favorite insides of the pizza, etc.

I am continuously rearranging my house. I do mean every single day I have some new plan or scheme. It drives my dh INSANE. Especially since I have a small house, no money, and NO interior design sense. So I just kind of shuffle stuff around.

I'm reading through everyone's now but will stop and tell you some of mine :D.

If ice is in trays, I have to take them in pairs.

I stress out over matching socks. If I have 3 of dh's socks I apologize to the one who gets left behind, and I vow to find him a mate asap. It's just so sad, they are made to be coupled :crying:.

Even though we have a somewhat fancy dishwasher, it is wasted on me because I still must thoroughly wash before loading.

I un-make my bed before I can sleep in it. I can't stand it tight and I like to bend one leg out to lay on top of the blanket.

I often forget to eat, and I can't drink anything thick in the morning, like orange juice or milk.

I am detail oriented and tend to be a perfectionist on the strangest things.

I guess my weird thing is that I have to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door. I think that started when we had kids and I was trying to make a quick escape when a sleeping baby woke up so I wouldn't wake up dh. Is that weird or is that just a typical "mom" behavior?

That's funny! I'm the total opposite. DH has to be closest to the door. It's my weirdness, not his. If someone is going to break in, I want him to protect me!

And I prefer to eat them on the right side of my mouth. When I used to eat peanut M& M's I would suck the hard candy coating to a point, pull it out, take the rest iff with my front teeth then crunch with back teeth, suck off the melted chocolate, then crunch down the peanut normally.

I have a thing with M&M's too! I suck the hard shell down to almost nothing and then gently take what's left off with my teeth but it's important to JUST TAKE THE SHELL off. Then I suck the chocolate off completely and then eat the peanut. I chew that until it's peanut butter consistency. If for some reason I mess this up (which is pretty rare) I must have another one because I can't possibly end eating M&M's the wrong way. And if there's no peanut after the chocolate? Heaven forbid!:glare:

On the rare occasion that I eat Whoppers (the chocolate malt balls) my whole mission is trying to find the one that has no malt in the middle. It's just chewy. It's victory if I find one and I feel like I can stop eating them then. I don't eat them often because I will eat the whole thing simply looking for one of the defective pieces. :confused:

I finally finished and was amazed that no one else mentioned this, I know it has to be a common weirdness...hmmm...that's an oxymoron...anyway...

I tuck my elbows in when the car is in a tunnel or between a wall and a vehicle. Everyone knows that this makes your car smaller.

and

I am afraid of the fish aisle at the pet store. I do not mind the salt water fresh, but the fresh water fish are :ack2:. Some look like they are wearing brains as hats or they are transparent or have tumors...I get the chills. Even the gold fish are unsightly, and the dead ones...need I really say more?

I do this too! I think it feels funny to have my arms down at my sides. :)

I'm reading through everyone's now but will stop and tell you some of mine :D.

I stress out over matching socks. If I have 3 of dh's socks I apologize to the one who gets left behind, and I vow to find him a mate asap. It's just so sad, they are made to be coupled :crying:.

:001_wub: Some people's weirdnesses are so CUTE!

I am afraid of the fish aisle at the pet store. I do not mind the salt water fresh, but the fresh water fish are :ack2:. Some look like they are wearing brains as hats or they are transparent or have tumors...I get the chills. Even the gold fish are unsightly, and the dead ones...need I really say more?

:iagree:This fascinates me, because for many years (like, the last 25 or so) my worst nightmares have had fish and the ocean in them, usually fish that are about 100 times their normal sizes. Something about the look of fish just gives me the heebie-jeebies, though I can usually make it through an aquarium alive if I don't look at the really odd ones. For instance, I can't even look at a photo of a sunfish. They are SO WEIRD! They look like giant floating unfinished pancake-heads. One time I saw a photo of a diver photographing a sunfish up close and it was so much bigger than he was, and it was just staring at him with its big, fishy eye, and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack.

Okay, so I totally just hijacked your weirdness. Sorry. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by Alphabetika

Fish are pretty actually interesting as a point of conversation.

Have any of you ever seen a female salmon on it's way out the door to the great river in the sky? (It's the *perfect* visual for menopause, really.)

Seriously

I've been known on more than one occasion to wonder aloud if my salmon was a female and at what life stage it was at when harvested....

That right there is officially weird.

I'd post a picture, but ya'll would have nightmares. If you don't already know, don't look or even try to understand this. Don't google it, you'll be sorry.

Trust me.

Fish are pretty actually interesting as a point of conversation.

Have any of you ever seen a female salmon on it's way out the door to the great river in the sky? (It's the *perfect* visual for menopause, really.)

Seriously

I've been known on more than one occasion to wonder aloud if my salmon was a female and at what life stage it was at when harvested....

That right there is officially weird.

I'd post a picture, but ya'll would have nightmares. If you don't already know, don't look or even try to understand this. Don't google it, you'll be sorry.

Trust me.

I couldn't find a picture anyway.

Everyone has one. Tell us about it.

I have many weird things. The one that comes most to mind currently since I'm doing laundry is that towels have to be folded right-side out. Yes, I know it is a towel. Still the hems have to be together when it is folded.

Yours?

I am SO like that. I can't stand for the towels to be folded any other way.

I have many...um...idiosyncrasies. One is that the tag on a blanket has to be face down and at the bottom.

Ooooh me too. I have a blanket that I put on just my side every night and DH used to look at me like I was crazy when I would search for the "correct" end before laying it down.

I also lock my closet doors when I close them. It's just a push button lock but it's a habit that most people find to be weird.

Edited by contessa20

ick.....cotton balls, the cotton blobs from inside vitamin bottles they make my skin crawl.The sound it makes the way it feels :ack2: my best friend husband and children love to taunt me with it. And my husband pointed out that having elbows that are ticklish is weird.

I let my dog lick my feet. She hears the recliner go up and she comes running to lick my feet. She gets in between my toes and licks all the way up my legs to my knees. Totally grosses out my DH lol.

I let my dog lick my feet. She hears the recliner go up and she comes running to lick my feet. She gets in between my toes and licks all the way up my legs to my knees. Totally grosses out my DH lol.

Totally. Nasty! I have a friend who was over at my house and her 3 year old son started putting his mom's toes in his mouth. She didn't bat an eyelash. I guess this is normal for them? Ewww... I would never let the dog do it, but my child? What kind of nastiness is on my feet from the floor, insides of shoes, etc...

Haha...all you towel folders....I ROLL my towels. I (actually the kids usually do this) fold them in half, long side to long side, and then in half the other way and roll like a jelly roll. The reason we do this is because more towels can fit into our towel cupboard that way. We have a lot of people and a lot of towels, even with some kids grown and out of the house.

I eat the crust of the bread off my sandwiches first, then eat the middle. I write songs in my dreams. Sometimes I can see my hands from above, playing the piano.

I live inside my head a lot and make all kinds of plans for WAY more projects than I could ever do. I have always done this, even as a kid; it's not due to being on Pinterest...ha! I can envision gardening, sewing, songwriting, decorating, knitting projects that I would like to do. I will never have time to do more than a fraction of them. Therefore, I am NEVER bored.