Menu

What is your secret weirdness?

Everyone has one. Tell us about it.

I have many weird things. The one that comes most to mind currently since I'm doing laundry is that towels have to be folded right-side out. Yes, I know it is a towel. Still the hems have to be together when it is folded.

Yours?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have many weird things. The one that comes most to mind currently since I'm doing laundry is that towels have to be folded right-side out. Yes, I know it is a towel. Still the hems have to be together when it is folded.

Yours?

I am the same way. That's not weird, that's normal. I'm thinking about which weirdness to share.

Yours?

How is that weird? It's what I do....oh, right...you're weird :D

Yours?

I'm sorry, that's not weird at all. That's perfectly normal. :D

I love gnomes annnndddddd I sniff laundry detergent and fabric softner every time I shop AND I sniff ever piece of laundry I fold.....

eta: but we don't own a crazy gnome house with a million gnomes...although it might be fun..................DH refuses :p

Edited by Mandylubug

When I am on a high place, like a balcony, tall building with an open window, a cliff........I get really afraid that I am going to spontaneously.........JUMP!!

:lol::lol::rofl: Seriously. Cracking up. I apologize.

As for me...a weirdness I have is I can not stand for our family to be in separate towns, like if I run up to the city or DH is gone for a few days for work. I am always convinced that someone will die.

Edited by Mommie_Jen

:lol::lol::rofl: Seriously. Cracking up. I apologize.

As for me...a weirdness I have is I can not stand for our family to be in separate towns, like if I run up to the city or DH is gone for a few days for work. I am always convinced that someone will die.

I do that. Dh and I went to the ortho's office an hour away and dd stayed here with friends. I prayed the whole way down and the whole way back that she wouldn't be left an orphan.

When I am on a high place, like a balcony, tall building with an open window, a cliff........I get really afraid that I am going to spontaneously.........JUMP!!

I also can't let my feet hang off the bed because something might get me.

I've heard of people like you. I like to be covered toes to neck so the bugs and spiders don't get me. Not that my house is overrun with bugs or spiders. :glare:

I also can't let my feet hang off the bed because something might get me.

Hahaha! Me too! :lol: AND when I am coming up the stairs by myself at night...I always run up them (as if someone is behind me)

I also have this weird "need to be even" thing going on. If someone comes up to me and slaps me on one arm, they better be slapping me on the other! LOL! Otherwise I feel all uneven. Drives me crazy :D

Oh, and I love my fries dipped in a chocolate shake! :tongue_smilie:

Oh dear- I read every single one of these and couldn't figure out what was weird about them. :glare:

Hmmmmm My unique weirdness? I really can't stand people in general, but I always like to be part of a crowd- big noisy loud places excite me, unless people are jerks, then I just feel alone in an endless sea of people.

(But there are many many people I like individually. I think I just don't fit in, and I keep trying to.)

I don't eat pizza with any toppings. I always take the cheese off and give it to my girls. Then I pull the soft saucy part off with my fork and eat it. Then I eat what is left of the soft saucy part...which is dry bread. Finally I eat the crust. People think I'm a nut. Oops...I guess it's really not a secret...

Where do I begin?

I eat many foods the same way every, single time (Lucky Charms and oreos are the first that come to mind)

I have lots of weird OCD food things leftover from when I had an eating disorder.

I can eat the same thing everyday for months and months and be fine with it.

I have OCD things with hygiene. Not sharing all of those. :tongue_smilie:

Oh dear- I read every single one of these and couldn't figure out what was weird about them. :glare:

Hmmmmm My unique weirdness? I really can't stand people in general, but I always like to be part of a crowd- big noisy loud places excite me, unless people are jerks, then I just feel alone in an endless sea of people.

(But there are many many people I like individually. I think I just don't fit in, and I keep trying to.)

You fit in fine around here.

I've heard of people like you. I like to be covered toes to neck so the bugs and spiders don't get me. Not that my house is overrun with bugs or spiders. :glare:

You could always sleep with panty hose on your head...like that episode of Raising Hope! :lol:

I have many...um...idiosyncrasies. One is that the tag on a blanket has to be face down and at the bottom. Another is that I am extremely uncomfortable if cupboard doors are left open. I also hate top sheets and do not use them, even in hotels. Ok, I'll stop now.:001_huh:

Some of that is not weird. ;)

I don't eat pizza with any toppings. I always take the cheese off and give it to my girls. Then I pull the soft saucy part off with my fork and eat it. Then I eat what is left of the soft saucy part...which is dry bread. Finally I eat the crust. People think I'm a nut. Oops...I guess it's really not a secret...

Why not just eat bread? :tongue_smilie::D

I always order pepperoni pizza and then pick off the pepperonis. People think I'm weird but it flavors the cheese! :tongue_smilie:

When I'm making toast or sandwiches, I always take the bread from the middle of the loaf. Somehow, it's "fresher" than the first couple of pieces.

If there is just a little milk left in the jug and I have to open a new gallon to fill the glass, I'll give the "mixed glass" to DH or the kids. I'll drink a glass out of the already opened container or the new one, but I just can't drink the mixed. Total freak!

Where do I begin?

I eat many foods the same way every, single time (Lucky Charms and oreos are the first that come to mind)

I have lots of weird OCD food things leftover from when I had an eating disorder.

I can eat the same thing everyday for months and months and be fine with it.

I have OCD things with hygiene. Not sharing all of those. :tongue_smilie:

So with an eating disorder are you considered cured or is it like an addict, something you have to work through every day.

(Sorry if that is too personal. Ignore me if you need to. I've never talked to someone who had an eating disorder, but have always wondered that.)

I want to be called Mrs. Warde IRL. :tongue_smilie: I'm young, but it's something I wanted to be called (Mrs.) for a long time before I met dh. But we haven't found a homeschooling group, and I only have one friend who has kids and they call me "Auntie First Name." So I made it my user name so you all have to call me that.:D

Edited by theYoungerMrsWarde

Hahaha! Me too! :lol: AND when I am coming up the stairs by myself at night...I always run up them (as if someone is behind me)

I also have this weird "need to be even" thing going on. If someone comes up to me and slaps me on one arm, they better be slapping me on the other! LOL! Otherwise I feel all uneven. Drives me crazy :D

Oh, and I love my fries dipped in a chocolate shake! :tongue_smilie:

I have all three of these too!!

My husband knows he can absolutely get on my nerves if he kisses me on one cheek and not the other.

I agree -with you about the towels -- but, that's just common sense and good housekeeping -- not weirdness.

I cannot do ANYTHING unless my house is clean and in perfect order --THAT is my weirdness.

Also, I don't know if this is weird or not: I HATE calling people on the phone -- I never want to bother anyone. I LOVE my new hair/nail salon b/c I can make appts online.

I am fiercely competitive -- fiercely But I don't want recognition. I want to savor success quietly and just let it roll around in my head. THAT's weird.

I guess my weird thing is that I have to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door. I think that started when we had kids and I was trying to make a quick escape when a sleeping baby woke up so I wouldn't wake up dh. Is that weird or is that just a typical "mom" behavior?

I have many...um...idiosyncrasies. One is that the tag on a blanket has to be face down and at the bottom. Another is that I am extremely uncomfortable if cupboard doors are left open. I also hate top sheets and do not use them, even in hotels. Ok, I'll stop now.:001_huh:

:iagree: I hate top sheets because I used to get tangled in them and I am afraid I'll get strangled in one. We don't use them and my kids have never heard of them.

I guess my weird thing is that I have to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door. I think that started when we had kids and I was trying to make a quick escape when a sleeping baby woke up so I wouldn't wake up dh. Is that weird or is that just a typical "mom" behavior?

I always sleep on the side furthest from the door so if there is an intruder, they get DH first ha ha.

I want to be called Mrs. Warde IRL. :tongue_smilie: I'm young, but it's something I wanted to be called (Mrs.) for a long time before I met dh. But we haven't found a homeschooling group, and I only have one friend who has kids and they call me "Auntie First Name." So I made it my user name so you have to call me that.:D

Yes, Mrs. Warde. Will do. :D

So with an eating disorder are you considered cured or is it like an addict, something you have to work through every day.

(Sorry if that is too personal. Ignore me if you need to. I've never talked to someone who had an eating disorder, but have always wondered that.)

for me, it's like being an addict. I may be eating ok, but it really doesn't take much for it to rear it's head.

I suppose my weirdness is that I'm outgoing and introverted at the same time.

Me too!

My other weirdness is that when I do the dishes by hand, I don't fill the sink full of clean, soapy water and soak the dishes in it. I wash and rinse each item separately. You know the clean, soapy water isn't that clean after you have had about 10 dirty plates in it.

If I'm speaking aloud, the amount of letters in a sentence has to be divisible by three or four. I will even mentally spell out numbers in my head to make it that way. :lol:

:D:lol: This is so funny! I have a weird numbers thing, too. I bet this keeps you from saying too many things you regret! :lol:

I want to be called Mrs. Warde IRL. :tongue_smilie: I'm young, but it's something I wanted to be called (Mrs.) for a long time before I met dh. But we haven't found a homeschooling group, and I only have one friend who has kids and they call me "Auntie First Name." So I made it my user name so you have to call me that.:D

Me too! Soon after getting married we moved farther south, where everyone calls married women Miss _Firstname_ . I hate it. I waited 25 years to get married and I want to be called Mrs. _Lastname_, dagnabbit! :tongue_smilie: