Menu

This song makes everything ok.

Whenever I'm stressed, or have let my ADD get the best of me, or feel down in the dumps after a particularly tiring day, I go to a solemn yet uplifting song - Sia, Breathe Me

Makes me admit that I fumbled (I have a hard time with that), remember to breathe, and that another day will come to try again. =)

Katia, I also love Young the Giant, my favorite is My Body. My teens think it is funny that my favorite music is Alternative bands, such as Coldplay, Muse, ONe Republic, Yellowcard and others I am forgetting right now.

That's totally my taste of music. :)

That and indie-music offcourse. I'm very very indie, when it comes to music.

My Body is a good one too :)

Thank you for posting this! Ds plays in our city's youth orchestra and in a local fiddle group - he enjoyed watching it with me. I will have to look for that CD at our library or purchase it.

Attaboy from Yo-Yo Ma's "Goat Rodeo".

The CD recording version is slightly different (and better), but this one's free for ya'll.

If I really want a laugh...

Totally not kid appropriate.

:lol: Yeah, not letting ds listen to that one. But man, he does look happy. And very pleased with himself!

Three Little Birds, any version, but particularly Bob Marley's.

This is one of mine. The other is

by 10,000 Maniacs.

I love the song "Colors" by Kira Willey. It's on like a "yoga for kids" CD LOL but I think it's so pretty. I love the melody and the lyrics:

I also love "Hallelujah," particularly the Jeff Buckley version:

And Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

And for some reason I like "Handlebars" too :D I know, way different than my other picks.

I agree with whoever said Breathe Me by Sia, too! Reminds me of the series finale of Six Feet Under which I loved. :D And I also agree with whoever said Lose Yourself by Eminem, but I like a lot of Eminem songs.

Edited by NanceXToo