Menu

Do you have a pretty teapot?

Do you have a pretty teapot? If so, would you care to share it with me?

I don't drink a lot of tea but I'd like to start drinking more to replace an awful soda habit. I've always wanted a nice teapot and now feel as if I will actually use one.

SJ

Here is the one that goes with my dishes. It is an old pattern by Wedgwood called Countryside. They gave these away with groceries back in the 60's. You can often find them on e-bay.

140.jpg

Here is a beautiful and fairly inexpensive set. Can you tell I'm a blue and white girl? This website has several sets at all price points. Enjoy your tea!

yhst-79045176631176_2198_121920681.gif

http://www.theteapotshoppe.com/blue-toile-teaset.html

Edited by bookfiend

I have this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Churchill-Blue-Willow-Teapot-/220967818290?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3372b55432

And dd received this for Christmas:

http://www.lenox.com/cat/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod&pid=6355&kf=e1432&pagenum=1

I just bought a Victoria magazine and looked at all the lovely tea sets in this month's issue. My mom collected tea pots. :001_smile:

I have this one: http://www.harney.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=3978&category=0&secondary=1199 in red. I love that it's red and that it holds enough for 2 mugs. My method:

Sugar in bottom of pot, leaves in metal strainer. Add water, steep for 4 minutes. Remove strainer. Add milk to pot. Pour into mug.

I put the sugar and milk in the pot so I don't have to deal with those things when I drink the second cup.

Sometimes a teapot is just a teapot.

I am a big fan of tea (all kinds..ok, I said it) and have this teapot:

http://tinyurl.com/7twqvd8

It isn't fancy but I do get lots of compliments. I own it in white and it goes with my dishes and tableware.

I stay away from novelty teapots or anything by an unknown manufacturer. I get worried about lead in the paint or glaze. My SIL got me a super cute teapot from the Christmas Tree Store, but I am afraid to use it for tea.

Alright, alright... I'm finally taking the bait. What the heck is the deal with all the tea and tea party jokes? :001_huh: I keep saying vague references so I can guess at what is being implied... If it's racy someone can PM me with the scoop.

I hate being on the outside of inside jokes. :glare:

:bigear:

Alright, alright... I'm finally taking the bait. What the heck is the deal with all the tea and tea party jokes? :001_huh: I keep saying vague references so I can guess at what is being implied... If it's racy someone can PM me with the scoop.

It's a OLD thread that started it all. ... I'll try to find it for you.

Mine is quite ugly, but I love it anyway. I've had it forever. It's a plain little Brown Betty, average size, homely color, and chipped on the edge, thanks to the cat. It does the job, though, and makes excellent tea.

Oh, behave. :)

This is our most commonly used teapot as well. A Brown Betty may be homely, but there is something comforting in that. And they are oh so British.

Bill

I think it is a great idea to buy yourself a nice teapot to break the soda habit! Tea is fantastic for creating a daily ritual. Be sure to treat yourself to many different brands as well. There are lots of samplers out there.

My newest teapot is the Lenox Butterfly Meadow. I love tea-for-one sets and that might be a good place to start. Just put that in Google or the Amazon search box and you'll find something to match your taste. I also have my mom's old Wedgwood Agincourt Green tea set and a red transferware set that I bought in Germany years ago.

The best thing I've got though, is the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker. I think it's pretty. :D The price is steep, but I bought it for myself during a pity party over DH missing yet another of my birthdays (I think it was the 4th in a row). :glare: This is the teapot that made me love green tea. I was convinced I didn't like it but it turns out I was just making it wrong (heating the water too much). With this, I can wake up to a hot pot of tea in the morning (on a timer) and stumble in to pour it just like I used to do with coffee. I also make a pot for iced tea every afternoon. After almost a year of use, it is still going strong and I love that thing like crazy.

If you want to do tea with your kids, there are some cute sets out there. Our favorite is the Rosanna Tea for Me Too set. (I also have the same set in a standard size but, sadly, they don't make it anymore.)

Nothing fancy here. Just a 4 cup, white, made in USA, 'microwave safe', and has a little catch on the lid so the lid does go flying..tea pot. It took me forever to find one that met my qualifications. I didn't look for a certain color; it was only available in white so that is what I bought.

I have the pot that goes on the stove... just a cheap stainless model from Target or someplace like that. My MIL gave me a nice one with that actually sits on top of the cup, but I brew the tea bags in the boiling water and we always have tea on the stove... I do have a fancy tea cup though. :)

I love tea sets. Now remember to keep it clean, minds out of the gutter when I tell you... I have several tea for one sets, I have one tea for two, and then two complete tea sets. One Royal Doulton pink and another Royal Wicklow with pansies. We also have an old tea pot for every day use.

I have a few ceramic pots and a few cast iron ones. I love my tea things . . . brewing loose tea, breaking out the ceramic creamer, serving my friends in pretty teacups. People seem to feel really cared for when you make a pot of tea and some scones for them. Really, it's only a few minutes effort.

When I'm alone, I usually brew tea in a mug so I don't always indulge in all of the bells and whistles. I use the cast iron pots for green teas and when we take tea out to the firepit. I have two ceramic pots, two cast iron pots, and two insulated carafes plus a water boiler. I can keep lots of tea hot at once :D

Mine is quite ugly, but I love it anyway. I've had it forever. It's a plain little Brown Betty, average size, homely color, and chipped on the edge, thanks to the cat. It does the job, though, and makes excellent tea.

Oh, behave. :)

:smilielol5:

You should never let a p***y near your tea pot you know :leaving:

Ahem. Tap, tap, tap (baton, not Tap, Tap, Tap)

I've a little teapot, short and stout...

Edited by nmoira
typo

I'd have to ask Wolf...

:leaving:

So, I am curious just how does this conversation start?

Oh, wolfy baby, today on the board, we were talking about how pretty our *teapots* are.....whatcha think fine porcelain or chipped crockery? :lol:

Wait, I don't really want to know..TMI TMI.pleaaaaase don't tell me. :willy_nilly: (that was really hard to fine a smiley for...there were way to many that would have.just.not.been.appropriate. LOL )

I did have a pretty Pfaltzgraff teapot that matched my Choices set. Until oldest ds melted it on the stove this week. After I warned him last week not to turn it on and leave the room. I am very sad, but I didn't cry.

Did I mention that I'll have to replace the burner, too.

How do you use a teapot in real life? ( NO! STOP LAUGHING!!!) Why bother with a china one if the tea just gets cold in it?

If you just have a microwave can you heat up the REAL CHINA teapot in

that? How is that better that just zapping a mug of water in the microwave and then dipping the teabag in it?

I feel like I should get this, since I have a teapot collection.... but only tried using one once. I served stone cold tea to a guest. :-P

I found it :D. It's in this thread:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55527

The tea reference starts in post #74.