Menu

Info is in!!!!

YAY!!

Info we were waiting for showed up in the mail today, Wolf's called and left a vm for the guy that will go over the info, and then, if the info is acceptable, generate the offer letter!

Please, please, please pray that this finishes up today. We need to give notice by tomorrow to our landlords to avoid paying rent for two places in April if he gets this job.

Pray HARD!!!

Wolf and I want to sincerely thank everyone that's been praying for us thus far. It's been so appreciated to know we have ppl supporting us and wishing us the best.

This is the home stretch!!

Imp, is there any way you can 'give notice' to your landlord today, and then if it turns out you are staying, do an 'oh, we changed our minds, we'll be staying'? I mean, if you give 30 days notice today, and change your minds before that 30 days is up, the landlord doesn't lose anything, right? In fact, they 'gain', in that they don't have to find a new tenant.

Just an idea. Whe we were looking for our townhouse to rent, we actually had a different one all picked out and ready to sign on. It was vacant. Right before we were to sign the lease, the landlord called and said that even though the previous tenants were all moved out, they had changed their minds and were keeping it. Seemed odd to me, but maybe you're allowed to do that so long as you notify the landlord before the time your current rent payment ends?

I hope that makes sense. Couldn't hurt to ask, maybe?

Wolf just heard back from the guy.

Turns out the woman he'd been dealing w/before quit, so this guy is playing catch up :glare:

Wolf explained that we need to know ASAP, w/moving, etc...so he's going to talk to his 'team leader'. :glare:

Their office is closed from noon to 1 pm...it's 11:15 am now, so Wolf is going to be there promptly at 1.

Doesn't sound terribly promising that this letter will happen today, but it DOES sound like he's got the job, as long as the info is satisfactory (and honestly, can't see why it wouldn't be, but...)

*headdesk*

Honestly, if we get through this w/out me completely losing my mind, it'll be a minor miracle!!

I hope they are able to get it done today, but if you feel confident about the job could you go ahead and notify your landlord this afternoon either way?

:grouphug: Waiting for others is always hard.

And :hurray::hurray::hurray: for Wolf!

Until he has the offer letter in hand, we don't want to burn any bridges.

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

I know you know I have memory issues and won't be offended by my questions. I need a refresher.;)

How will the move affect WC?

If I remember correctly, you will not have to worry about work?

Weren't you going to try to find a farm house to rent in the country if Wolf got this job? If you do, be very careful about how you handle manure/mud covered kids. :lol::lol::lol:

Should I remove that last question?;)

Wolf just heard back from the guy.

Turns out the woman he'd been dealing w/before quit, so this guy is playing catch up :glare:

Wolf explained that we need to know ASAP, w/moving, etc...so he's going to talk to his 'team leader'. :glare:

Their office is closed from noon to 1 pm...it's 11:15 am now, so Wolf is going to be there promptly at 1.

Doesn't sound terribly promising that this letter will happen today, but it DOES sound like he's got the job, as long as the info is satisfactory (and honestly, can't see why it wouldn't be, but...)

*headdesk*

Honestly, if we get through this w/out me completely losing my mind, it'll be a minor miracle!!

fingers, toes everythiing crossed hoping that everything goes smoothly this afternoon. As long as he could get some sort of confirmation today even if the letter won't be done, as least then you can go forward giving notice.

Thanks everyone!

:hurray::hurray:

I know you know I have memory issues and won't be offended by my questions. I need a refresher.;)

How will the move affect WC?

If I remember correctly, you will not have to worry about work?

Weren't you going to try to find a farm house to rent in the country if Wolf got this job? If you do, be very careful about how you handle manure/mud covered kids. :lol::lol:

Should I remove that last question?;)

Job search ends before we'd move, so it's a non issue. Plus, we're a) moving for his job, and b) staying in the province, so according to my union rep, 'they can go pound sand' :lol:

At this point, we'll take anything we can fit in that accepts pets. Finding a place that will accept us w/our dog is proving to be a bit of a challenge, from what we've seen online. :glare:

Oh, for crying out loud! LOL After all this he better get an offer letter or the Hive might attack! I know this is much harder on you! We are still praying!

I said I'd go down there and bite the guy...of course, that would generate an answer, just not one we want :tongue_smilie::lol:

Then it is moving fast....

At this rate, it looks like you need the extra month where you are. Can you give 30 days when you find out and pay a partial month at the end?

I don't know. If we get a firm answer by the end of the day tomorrow, we'll be good...otherwise, we'll have to deal w/whatever happens.