Menu

We caved in to our puppy fever...

We lost our beautiful male White German Shepherd last November (rare cancer). His breeder is giving us a puppy (his 'warranty' had expired but she offered when she heard the news).

We were going to wait for a May puppy (ready in May)... and we had resisted temptation until this guy became available this week-- he was the first pick male. His 'people' had something come up and deferred to a later litter. We were next in line...

Who could resist this?

ry%3D400

He is 8 weeks old.

We are thinking of naming him WSK's Charles Tucker III with a call name of "Trip". All of our dogs/cats have had Star Trek names...

Looks like I have a 4 hr drive (each way) ahead of me this weekend!

Hopefully Tasha (our current WGSD) will not want to eat him... she either likes another dog/cat or she does not-- no in between with her... but she IS extremely lonely... (both dogs are or will be fixed-- no breeding for us!).

That's so funny! We are getting a puppy also this weekend

Complete with the four hour trip there and back! In our case, we had planned to wait for summer litter but we fell in love with a puppy from the current pups..labradoodle. Good luck with your sweet puppy..I know we are super

excited for ours!

Adorable!

My guess is Tasha will hand out a puppy license that she won't revoke until he's 8 months old at least! That's how it usually is here when we bring in a puppy with an older ***** in the house.

Good luck with him...he's beautiful!

astrid

(And safe travels too!)

Adorable!

My guess is Tasha will hand out a puppy license that she won't revoke until he's 8 months old at least! That's how it usually is here when we bring in a puppy with an older ***** in the house.

Good luck with him...he's beautiful!

astrid

(And safe travels too!)

UGH. I always forget that the rest of the world doesn't use the word b*t*h the same way we do.....ugh.

astrid

UGH. I always forget that the rest of the world doesn't use the word b*t*h the same way we do.....ugh.

astrid

I have some friends that I travel around with showing chickens (yes, people show chickens...and for anyone wondering, no, we do not walk them around on little leashes :lol:). Several of them also happen to be former dog breeders/handlers/etc. Let me tell you, the group of us gets some odd looks when we go out to eat or whathaveyou. Start with a conversation peppered with the word c**k, which is the correct term for an adult male rooster, and then throw in several mentions of b****es when the conversation turns to dogs and, well, it's always entertaining. :D

To the OP, congrats. I remember your thread from when you first thinking about getting a pup from an earlier litter or waiting 'till a bit later. I cannot blame you one bit for taking the opportunity to bring that little guy home!! He is gorgeous! :001_smile:

I have some friends that I travel around with showing chickens (yes, people show chickens...and for anyone wondering, no, we do not walk them around on little leashes :lol:). Several of them also happen to be former dog breeders/handlers/etc. Let me tell you, the group of us gets some odd looks when we go out to eat or whathaveyou. Start with a conversation peppered with the word c**k, which is the correct term for an adult male rooster, and then throw in several mentions of b****es when the conversation turns to dogs and, well, it's always entertaining. :D

To the OP, congrats. I remember your thread from when you first thinking about getting a pup from an earlier litter or waiting 'till a bit later. I cannot blame you one bit for taking the opportunity to bring that little guy home!! He is gorgeous! :001_smile:

LOVE IT! Yes, chicken-lingo can be just as head-turning as dog language. Put the two together, and in a public place, and WOW! You probably SCANDALIZE the poor conservative evangelicals in the next booth! :lol:

astrid

Yes, I was also wondering what Tasha thought!! :)

There's not a dog I don't love, but I really wish I could have a German Shepherd. My allergies have unfortunately gotten worse over the years and I ended up having trouble even with my beagle and lab. Once they both passed, we got a Standard Poodle who is the current love of our lives, and I can even breathe!! ;)