Menu

What did you think of Half Time?

Nicki?

Madonna was fascinating to watch. It was gorgeous. But the music. Bleh. After waiting and waiting for something to happen, I couldn't help but think how really stunning Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Gwen Stefani, Black Eyed Peas . . . Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson, Alan Jackson all were in comparison.

I was expecting more tonight.

Dh and I commented that she "dropped into hell" and then had the "World Peace" sign. And now I read there was a "polytheism" theme. :confused: That makes me think she's trying too hard to be relevant, but maybe I'm overthinking . . .

Thought it was awful. What was the deal with the cheerleaders and the gold pom-poms? Somewhere, there is a choreographer who should never work again.

Terri

The girls were doing moves often seen on HBC dance squads. I thought it was a beautiful nod to a great American dance tradition.

Thought it was awful. What was the deal with the cheerleaders and the gold pom-poms? Somewhere, there is a choreographer who should never work again.

Terri

:iagree:

I was embarrassed for her. Feels like she's trying waaaay too hard to be relevant. I've never felt that way about Cher, I'm trying to figure out the difference.

I also thought she looked ridiculous trying to dance in 6" stilettos. She even fell off the step at one point.

Nicki?

Madonna was fascinating to watch. It was gorgeous. But the music. Bleh. After waiting and waiting for something to happen, I couldn't help but think how really stunning Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Gwen Stefani, Black Eyed Peas . . . Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson, Alan Jackson all were in comparison.

I was expecting more tonight.

Dh and I commented that she "dropped into hell" and then had the "World Peace" sign. And now I read there was a "polytheism" theme. :confused: That makes me think she's trying too hard to be relevant, but maybe I'm overthinking . . .

I wish they would bring back The Who. They were awesome. I would have loved to have been there in person when they played.

It was really odd for me. I thought she looked old, and her movements were very awkward and slow. She almost fell on the bleachers at one point in the show.

I love Madonna, but I had a similar reaction. The whole thing seemed very incongruous to me, like something was off.

Still, I enjoyed it and can only dream of looking that good at 53!

Well, she IS Madonna (who I used to love, love, love), but I honestly thought it was a bit slow and awkward. I enjoyed the songs but thought her moves were a little "off".

This is exactly what dh said.

I'm not a big Madonna fan in the first place. I though the whole thing was rather corny.

My children wondered why a momma would show off her panties like that!!

:iagree:, especially considering that Madonna is older than my own mother:tongue_smilie:.

It was ok, but I think someone should pass a law requiring Madonna to sing Like A Virgin every time she performs.

I love Madonna, but I had a similar reaction. The whole thing seemed very incongruous to me, like something was off.

Still, I enjoyed it and can only dream of looking that good at 53!

I thought she looked a little scared of her shoes, maybe?? But, yeah, pretty impressive for 53!

First I'd like to say that I was very pleased that it was tame. I put the kids to bed because I was worried it might not be! I give her credit for keeping it "family friendly".

I did think her movements were slow and strange but I think it was the heels. I didn't think it seemed appropriate with her age to have the cheerleaders and such; well, I don't even know if that was the problem, just somehow something seemed "off".

I wish they would bring back The Who. They were awesome. I would have loved to have been there in person when they played.

The Who was awesome. Prince did a decent job if I recall.

As my brother said, We don't need Madonna anymore. We have Lady Gaga - she wears gyroscopes and meat dresses. Madonna never did that.

(Neither he nor I really care for Lady Gaga or dislike her either.)

The Who was awesome. Prince did a decent job if I recall.

As my brother said, We don't need Madonna anymore. We have Lady Gaga - she wears gyroscopes and meat dresses. Madonna never did that.

(Neither he nor I really care for Lady Gaga or dislike her either.)

Yeah, Prince did good too. I agree with your brother. :p hehehe

At least she didn't try to sing. ;)

ROFL :lol::lol::lol:

The Who made me a little sad. Roger Daltrey doesn't have that voice anymore.

Roger may not have the voice he had in his Tommy days anymore, but he can still hit that "YEAAAAAAH" from Won't Get Fooled Again. :)

ROFL :lol::lol::lol:

Roger may not have the voice he had in his Tommy days anymore, but he can still hit that "YEAAAAAAH" from Won't Get Fooled Again. :)

From the Live Aid '85 files.... Here's Roger - still looking and sounding awesome.