Menu

Favorite Pizza Poll- Baked Potato!!!

What is your favorite kind of pizza?  

1. 1. What is your favorite kind of pizza?

• Baked Potato
    • Cheese- no toppings
    • Pepperoni
    • Sausage
    • Canadian Bacon
    • Mixture of Meats
    • Pineapple & Ham
    • Vegies- any
    • Mushroom
    • Other

It's a verrrry tough call.

I think my top favourite of all time is the Perogi Pizza (at Boston Pizza). It has thinly sliced spicy potato, ricotta (I think), cheddar cheese, bacon, and after it's cooked it gets topped with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkled with green onion. I bet it's a lot like the OP's baked potato pizza.

Second is probably spinach and feta, sometimes with roasted red pepper.

Or green olive, pineapple, and hot pepper.

Ohhhh, almost forgot my California Shrimp pizza--thin crust, with shrimp and pesto.

I never heard of Baked Potato Pizza. How is it made?

Instead of a tomato sauce, you have a creamy, sour cream based sauce. 2-3 layers of baked potato slices, with the sauce on top & bottom of the potatoes. Add a layer of cheddar cheese, topped with bacon and chives. It is so good once it is baked and the cheese is melted. When we first moved to the town where this is made, I thought "how odd"... then I ate some :bigear:. We always eat there when we go back to visit.

Generally speaking the more toppings the better (with the exception of pepperoni, I have no use for that stuff). But the best pizzas have both veggies and meat, only having one of those categories makes the pizza seem lacking in my opinion. So I would probably say deluxe pizzas are my favorite but I'm also very fond of BBQ Chicken, Taco pizzas, and pizzas with garlic alfredo sauces.

The best pizza I've ever EVER had in my life is a gyro pizza I used to get from a little greek place when I was in college. It was like a gyro turned into a pizza, with a bowl of the tzatziki (sp?) sauce to dip the slices in. Heavenly. Also the reason I gained at least fifteen pounds in college. :D

My favorite is pepperoni with black olives and mushrooms. Super yummy! Ds will eat it with me, but dh and dd do not like black olives or mushrooms. :glare:

ETA: I also adore alfredo pizza! Dh likes this too, but not the kids. Ordering pizza is difficult in my house.

Edited by jewellsmommy

I'm sure it tastes great, but in my world, the words "baked potato" and "pizza" would never, ever be used in the same sentence, nor would several of the other options mentioned. :D

I asked my NYC Italian dh if he'd ever heard of baked potato or barbecue pizza (and a few of the others that I read to him but already forgot because I'm clueless :rolleyes:,) and he just sort of cringed. Then he mumbled something about people not knowing what a real pizza is... :tongue_smilie:

Call me evil, but I love creeping him out like that. :D

And I'm still waiting to hear exactly what's on a baked potato pizza. I mean, I like baked potatoes and I love pizza, but when I picture both of them together, it's not pretty. ;) I may be in serious need of a Pizza Intervention.

Deep dish Spinach Alfredo is my favorite.

If I need to pick a more common pizza, I like most Supreme Pizzas as long as there are no black olives on them.

I also like most veggie pizzas with no black olives.

For home made we add mushrooms, diced tomatoes, and green peppers if we have them from our garden (summer/fall) along with extra cheese.

Edited by creekland

Other.

since coming to Brazil, the world of pizza has really expanded for me. My absolute favorite is buffalo mozzarella and sun-dried tomato, with arugula on the top (put on after the pizza is cooked). (fresh arugula, not cooked).

I have other "close seconds", there's one here with egg (hard-boiled), bacon, peas, onion.....yum. And of course banana......delicious.

But my favorite, for sure, is the sun-dried tomato. One place, my favorite, also puts fresh tomatoes which just makes it that much more scrumptious.

I'll have to try baked potato pizza, though; sounds intriguing. Now that we make our own, could be fun.

I'm sure it tastes great, but in my world, the words "baked potato" and "pizza" would never, ever be used in the same sentence, nor would several of the other options mentioned. :D

I asked my NYC Italian dh if he'd ever heard of baked potato or barbecue pizza (and a few of the others that I read to him but already forgot because I'm clueless :rolleyes:,) and he just sort of cringed. Then he mumbled something about people not knowing what a real pizza is... :tongue_smilie:

Call me evil, but I love creeping him out like that. :D

And I'm still waiting to hear exactly what's on a baked potato pizza. I mean, I like baked potatoes and I love pizza, but when I picture both of them together, it's not pretty. ;) I may be in serious need of a Pizza Intervention.

See earlier post for the description :001_smile:. I thought it was nuts until I tried. The restaurant won huge awards for this pizza at a national pizza convention.... something they created.....

:iagree:

I could not handle the carbs in a baked potato pizza.

I make the BBQ chicken pizza at home using Namaste gluten free pizza crust mix. It's really good and cuts the carbs way back.

Edited by Audrey