Menu

Do you take a shower. . .

I LOVE being clean and sliding into clean, cool sheets! Besides loving that feeling, I also like it that my sheets stay clean and nice for a very long time(umm, I still try to wash 1x per week tho!). I can't imagine (as a farm family) what the sheets would be like if everyone in my family didn't take a shower before bed.

ETA: Since Joanne brought up the dreaded "bed head", lol, I thought I'd mention that I avoid that by using a spray bottle in the morning to make the curls behave. That can definitely be a problem with evening bathing unless you have a routine to take care of it.

I sometimes take a shower before bed, especially if I've exercised that evening. When I do take a shower at night, I let my hair dry naturally (while I sleep). When I wake up in the morning, my longish hair looks crazy so I have to "reconstitute" it with some water and blow dry and style as usual. My hair's so thick though that showering at night saves the time it takes to wait for my hair to dry after I shower in the morning.

I take a shower in the morning for several reasons:

I get hot at night, even in the winter, and slightly sweaty.

I have fine hair, and if I wash it at night, it looks terrible in the morning, even if I blow dry it.

I like the shower in the morning to help me wake up a little, and feel fresh and ready for a new day.

My makeup goes on a freshly showered face better than a freshly "washed" face, even though I don't know why. Holds moisture better?

I also wash my sheets regularly. ;) If I need a shower in the afternoon, after a long day, or dirty work, I'll take one! I'll take one again in the morning. ;)

I shower in the a.m. for hair reasons as well. My hair always looks dirty in the morning so I need to get up and wash it. I have gotten to the bad habit though, of getting up and hanging out in my robe for some peaceful morning time. So I usually get a quick shower in mid-morning when the kids are busy with something.

Some days, to be honest, I get neither. :D But, on topic, I have never been able to make the night time showers work for me. My hair isn't curly, but it does have natural waves--not beautiful waves, but wacky ones that go every which way. Consequently, I would have to blow it completely dry before going to bed and, since it is very thick, that would take a long time. I also think showers help me start the day. Unfortunately, I rarely get a shower before noon these days, so that doesn't really work in my favor anymore.

dh is able to take care of the dc, and so that in the morning I can get up and get dressed right away. Before I started doing that, it would sometimes be noon before the baby was down for a nap and I had free time. Baby and I woke up at the same time, see, and it did not occur to me to try to get up before her.

I wash my hair in the morning in the kitchen sink.

night usually. That way I don't have a toddler trying to climb into the shower with me. And my hair actually does better when I sleep on it slightly wet--it's pretty straight, but if I do that it has a lot more body and is sometimes vaguely wavy by morning.

Mornings, for multiple reasons; the biggest one being it's what helps me jumpstart my day. I just don't feel like I'm ready to conquer the world until I've showered. Ok, if we're being honest here, I don't feel like conquering the world, um... EVER... but you get the point.

Plus, it's either shower in the morning, or battle with my hair. I pick my battles, and choose to shower.

In the morning, always. I have fine, very oily hair, and if I were to wash it in the evening, my hair would be visibly oily by mid-afternoon the next day. As it is, when I wash it in the morning, it's starting to get oily when I go to bed that night! I do take showers at night as well when needed.

Erica

Often it's both.

I can't go to bed with a day's worth of dirt on my body, and I can't go through the day without a shower after early morning....ummm....that's not where we wanted to go with this, was it?

Okay, I was waiting for someone to get around to saying the reason I have to take one in the morning instead of before bed at night... :D

I do both a.m. and p.m. Can't wake up well without it in the morning...and my hair just feels gross all day...even if I've washed it the night before. Have to take a shower at night too because I usually work out in the afternoon...plus it just feels wonderful to wash all the grime away.

Most of the time I shower at night and then wash my hair at the kitchen sink while the kids eat breakfast. My hair HAS to be washed every morning. It is short and spiked, and I look like I have a mohawk if it isn't washed.

During allergy season though, it is washed at night AND in the morning. I have to wash the pollens out before I go to bed.

1) I figure I'd rather smell good for my dh (at night) than for the kids (who I see all day). :) 'nuff said.

2) I also like knowing the sheets are clean. It is just nice. When I mow, garden, play, etc, I get dirty. I have really long hair and I like to wash it if I mow or whatever before bed b/c it'll collect pollen and dust and make my allergies bad. . .

But really, #1 is the real reason. ;)

I take a shower in the morning for several reasons:

I get hot at night, even in the winter, and slightly sweaty.

I have fine hair, and if I wash it at night, it looks terrible in the morning, even if I blow dry it.

I like the shower in the morning to help me wake up a little, and feel fresh and ready for a new day.

My makeup goes on a freshly showered face better than a freshly "washed" face, even though I don't know why. Holds moisture better?

I also wash my sheets regularly. ;) If I need a shower in the afternoon, after a long day, or dirty work, I'll take one! I'll take one again in the morning. ;)

This is exactly what I do and my reasons for doing it.:D

Ok, I can't resist: YES. I DO shower, tyvm!

You know, the subject line & all.

But I've found that mid-morning works best lately. I get the machine going: b'fast, chores, some school, baby up, fed, changed, entertained, out of the toilet, & back down, & there's a lull. That's when I escape for 10 min or so. On a good day.

But really, at the ages mine are, you take 'em when you get 'em.

Most of the time I shower at night and then wash my hair at the kitchen sink while the kids eat breakfast. My hair HAS to be washed every morning. It is short and spiked, and I look like I have a mohawk if it isn't washed.

During allergy season though, it is washed at night AND in the morning. I have to wash the pollens out before I go to bed.

(((soul sister)))

I've been showering at night and washing my hair every morning, in the kitchen sink, for over 30 years. Whether my hair is long or short, if it isn't washed, it just isn't right, lol.