Menu

Tuesday homeschool funnies

my oldest is standing on his head while listening to a science lecture.

My middle is searching for science projects he might be able to do relating to dog farts (he picked the subject matter.... weird)

my youngest is reading on the trampoline (small indoor exercise kind) and every time he turns the page, his butt bounces.

I love it. :D

Ds10: Did you see our siege ballista?

Me: Your what?

Ds10: Our siege ballista. You know, the giant crossbow of ancient warfare?

Me: No, I don't.

Ds10: Oh.

So I look outside. Sure enough, they've built a giant crossbow in the wagon and are moving it around the backyard shooting things.

We're having discussion during science class today (BFSU A-3) and DD, just turned 5, has this blank look on her face the entire time. I'm pretty sure she has no concept of the three states of matter until she goes into the bathroom and announces, "Hey!! I can make solids, liquids, and gasses on the toilet all at once!"

*Sigh* What a lovely child.

Nothing today but yesterday my ds was supposed to be drawing a picture of Pocahontas for his History notebook. I thought he was doing a really good job because he was quietly drawing for awhile. When he was done I asked to see it and he had a guilty look on his face. Turns out he thought Pocahontas would be more interesting as a Ninja.:lol: She was kicking peoples heads to save John Smith. I had to keep a straight face while I told him to re-do it.

Nothing today but yesterday my ds was supposed to be drawing a picture of Pocahontas for his History notebook. I thought he was doing a really good job because he was quietly drawing for awhile. When he was done I asked to see it and he had a guilty look on his face. Turns out he thought Pocahontas would be more interesting as a Ninja.:lol: She was kicking peoples heads to save John Smith. I had to keep a straight face while I told him to re-do it.

:lol:

DS why do I have to take a practice practice test (he is prepping for the PSAT)

Me so you can get a squalarship (me trying to say scholarship)

DS: (smirking) Sqularship?

Me: yes you will live in squalor if you don't get the scholarship so let's move it!

It has been a long day already.

Well, I've been thinking about what math curriculum to use with my soon to be 4 year old (in the future) and I've been reading about different manipulatives (C-rods, abacus, etc). So while I'm fixing dinner, he's making guns out of megablocks and I hear "Mom! 3 guns and 3 guns is 6 guns!" A few minutes later "Mom! 3 guns and 3 guns and 3 guns is 9 guns!" Of course! Duh! GUNS are the perfect math manipulative!

Well' date=' I've been thinking about what math curriculum to use with my soon to be 4 year old (in the future) and I've been reading about different manipulatives (C-rods, abacus, etc). So while I'm fixing dinner, he's making guns out of megablocks and I hear "Mom! 3 guns and 3 guns is 6 guns!" A few minutes later "Mom! 3 guns and 3 guns and 3 guns is 9 guns!" Of course! Duh! GUNS are the perfect math manipulative![/quote']

:lol: I have a 9yo like this. You might want to add in toy soldiers, and bouncy balls he can pretend are grenades.

I oughta write down the things my 16yo comes up with.

If it's any clue what life is like around here, I've spent the last hour downloading Hot Chelle Rae's "Tonight, Tonight" song and printing up the lyrics to the song (I'll have the class highlight them), as well as looking up and printing the MLK/Andrew Young conversation related to the "repair the Jericho Road concept" as ways to intro and illustrate the concept of allusions for my American Lit class.

We're combining Windows on the World with EIL American Lit, and use of allusion is the topic of the second chapter.

Never a dull moment!

I was telling my kids during lunch today that we wouldn't necessarily be doing their astronomy labs in order due to the weather. DS responded saying we should make a radio wave transmitter blah, blah, blah, New Mexico, blah, blah, blah, certain frequencies, blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, right. We're going to build a radio wave transmitter. :smilielol5:

I was doing school with DD so DS(5) was off entertaining himself.

I walked into my bedroom, he has the science thermometer leaned against the wall and a space heater (he found in my closet) pointed at it so he can see the temperature change.:willy_nilly: Must not have been hot yet because he picks it up and starts running toward the bathroom, "I know how to cool it off fast", me, "NOOOOOO"!!! This child wears. me. out.

We're having discussion during science class today (BFSU A-3) and DD, just turned 5, has this blank look on her face the entire time. I'm pretty sure she has no concept of the three states of matter until she goes into the bathroom and announces, "Hey!! I can make solids, liquids, and gasses on the toilet all at once!"

*Sigh* What a lovely child.

Omiword. I just about spit out my food. :lol:

Can we just say today I'm busy giving Homeschooling a bad rep?

My 8 yo just got done painting her new (old, one-room school, wooden) schoolchair and had to put her clothes in the washer. Then she went outside wearing only panties. She runs in and breathlessly says, "Mom, the schoolbus just went by and I tried to run and hide, but I think the driver guy just saw me NEKKID!" (well, almost):D

Lakota

I am not an artsy-fartsy person. I like me my workbooks. I don't like the big messes. But today I decided to be "fun." :glare: We were pretty much done with school, but I told Pigby he could write his spelling words in a plate of flour. :glare: I went and took a nap because I was so tired (baby girl has been waking up multiple times a night and it's taking its toll). I woke up when Digby woke up from his nap and brought him downstairs. Pigby was playing in the flour still, of course. :glare: And Digby had to join in, of course. :glare:

I knew I shouldn't have let them watch Hoodwinked Too. Granny Puckett took a handful of flour and blew on it to reveal the lasers before she flipped, twirled, and spun her way out. :glare: So of course, the boys are putting flour on the back of their hands and blowing it all over.

Pigby just told me to "LOOK" at the massive pile on his hands and finished it off with a "Feel the power, Mommy!" :glare: I'll laugh about it after DH comes home and cleans it up. I might have a panic attack in the meantime.

Okay, mine's not as funny as the others but I liked it. My 14yo future graphic designer was working on a Japanese quiz. One section (I made it myself) asked him to "draw a line to connect the syllable in Romaji to the correct hiragana"). Only MY son would pull out his laminated punch card and use it as a straight edge to ensure the lines are perfectly straight. :D I love him.!

Wendi

P.S. I loved the Lego photo shoot; my son did these kind of things ALL the time. My favorite was when he built a platform next to his rabbit's cage, and placed Lego people there so they could be visitors to a zoo, viewing the giant rabbit. :lol:

Ten year old looks at me as serious as all get out and says, "I need some pajamas!"

This may not be funny to anyone else but it is hilarious to me to think that this boy who thinks he is sooo big wants official pj's. Everytime I say it to myself I bust out laughing. Maybe homeschooling has messed my humor up.

Yours all sound so educational! I got "We're doing school again? But we just did it yesterday." This from my 5th Grader. He wasn't joking. We love summer here :D

This is my DD6 completely. "Mom, I don't need to read that word, I read it yesterday." "Mom, I already know that 1+1=2, why do I have to do it again?" :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well, actually, those are good questions. Why do we make them do it again? Yeah, I know-review, but I see their point.

My dd14 made a movie about a whiny, snobby pineapple's adventures. She has made some amazing animated shorts using Paint, as well. (That is her artwork in my siggy.)

:lol: I have a 9yo like this. You might want to add in toy soldiers, and bouncy balls he can pretend are grenades.

My boys make their grenades out of legos. I'm often doing the dishes and have a "grenade" land by my feet. I turn around and find my boys diving into the living room.

:lol: I'm loving these! Here's one from our house:

Me: N, Wow! You are about half way done with your book already. You know, you still have a month before it needs to be finished for bookclub?

N: Yeah, I know. It's just a really good book.

Me: Not too good on procrastination, eh?

N: What's that mean?

Hubby: Mom will tell you later. :D

these posts are so funny. i had to catch myself today...2 wks ago i paid $120 for our yearly termite inspection and make sure no termites! this week, i am expecting a package with termites (that i paid for, no less) to be delivered to our house for a science experient...what gives???? am i crazy???

these posts are so funny. i had to catch myself today...2 wks ago i paid $120 for our yearly termite inspection and make sure no termites! this week, i am expecting a package with termites (that i paid for, no less) to be delivered to our house for a science experient...what gives???? am i crazy???

That's funny!