Menu

How big are YOUR feet? (s/o of the baby/toddler shoe size threads)

How big are YOUR feet?  

1. 1. How big are YOUR feet?

• <6
    • >10

Just a heads up for the (few) gentlemen here...

Due to the limited number of poll choices, the above numbers are US women's sizes.

If you wear European or UK sizes and can figure out the US equivalents, please participate.

Based on the huge difference in baby/toddler sizes at certain ages, I'm wondering what the most common sizes are for fully grown women. I'm guessing foot size is (generally) tied to height. (Ex: I'm taller than average and I think my feet are probably larger than average. Same for my kids and dh.)

Edited by zaichiki
added personal info

You start at a 6? I thought that was in the middle. No wonder I can't find any shoes in my size anywhere! I wear a 4 or 4.5 in ladies or childrens 2 or 3, depending on the brand. Occasionally, I can fit a ladies 5 if I'm desperate, stuff it with inserts, and walk carefully. To correlate with my kids, my older DDs wore a 2 at 1yr and my youngest wore a sz 1 at 1yr. I don't remember with my DS- he was wearing robeez 6-12mos but I don't know what normal size that was. I'm 5'2, so not all that short.

I can only fit in a women's size 5 if it is a boot, sandal/mule, or sneaker. I walk out of a regular pump in a size 5, and as a result need to order shoes like that from Nordstrom (carry some 4s and 4.5s) or from a specialty shoe catalog.

I can wear a kid's size 2 or 3.

In Dansko I wear a 35 in my maryjane style clogs. I get the "heel slip" that is supposed to be there so it works okay for me.

I was a 7.5 till I got pregnant with my daughter. Then I became an 8. When I got pregnant with my son I became an 8.5.

That happened to me, too. Right before I got pregnant with the boys, I went to a wonderful shoe sale at a department store. I bought 10 pairs of beautiful shoes.

After the boys were born, I had to give the shoes away (most were unworn) because my feet grew from size 6.5 to size 7.5. After DD was born, I graduated to size 8.

I stopped having kids out of fear I'd end up with clown feet.

Shoe size doesn't correlate with height in my family. DD and I are 5'5" tall, and she wears a size 9.5. I wore a size 6.5 at her age, and for many years after that. DH is 6'2" and wears a 10.5. DS1 is 5'9" and wears a size 13.

Edited by RoughCollie

I generally wear a kid's size 2.5. I haven't even bothered with women's shoes for years, as it's almost impossible to find sizes small enough. I know you can order online, but the shoes might not fit and that is generally just a pain. Now that they make fancier kids shoes (with heels even) I can usually find what I need in the kids department. I do think my feet might have gotten bigger after pregnancy, but they are still ridiculously small. I am 4' 11". In my family we consider my older sister's feet pretty huge. I think she wears a size 7. My other sister and my mom are both around size 5. We are all around 5' tall (or a bit less.:))

As with others my feet went from a 8 to a 8.5 after my first. Fortunately they didn't get any bigger after the first child. I am 5'4". My sister who also says she is 5'4" (I don't believe her because I have to look slightly down to look her in the eye, I think she is 5'3"), wears a 9, she always has even after two kids.

I read somewhere at sometime that the reason your feet get bigger is because your joints loosen while pregnant, so your feet bones do the same to help support the added weight. They somewhat spread out, sometimes it doesn't go back. :glare: Thus larger feet. As if we ladies need it after a pregnancy.:glare:

I wear a women's size 4. I normally just special order or buy online because at the store, everything is "Oh, sorry, that doesn't start til size 5.5" and everything in the children's section has butterflies or sequins.

My feet haven't gotten bigger through pregnancies! I almost wish they would.

It does correlate with my height though ... I'm 4'9". :001_smile: I wonder if men are different, though. DH wears a 10, which is the same as my dad, but DH is 5'5" and my dad is 5'11". DH's feet don't look particularly big and dad's don't look tiny either.

I'm not tall enough for my feet! I'm 5'7" and wear a 10. My sister and mom are both 5'9" and wear an 8.5 and 9, respectively.

When I was pregnant I stretched to an 11! I live in a town where the only shopping choices are Walmart and Kmart, so I had about 3 choices for shoes since 11 is not a typical size and thus carried in very small quantities.:glare: Fortunately, though, my feet shrank back to a 10 so I'm more grateful for being a 10 now!:001_smile:

Length I'm a 10, and I might have picked up a little bit when I had DS. But I've always had large, annoying feet. I have super wide and thick (tall?) feet. Oh, and they are flat too. So I usually have to buy an 11W to get them to fit, even though they are too long.

I don't buy women's sneakers - as men's fit much better (naturally wider and taller). And usually when I can find dress shoes I like that fit - I buy every color they have. I love shoes - I hate shoe shopping.

My feet are a size 2 in childrens. I used to be a 1 1/2 until I had kids. In fact, my son wore my crocs last year and now his feet are too big. My daughter is now wearing my size shoe.

In case anyone thinks this is not true, it is. Lucky for me they are coming out with cute girls shoes that don't just have Barbie on them.

I'm a sasquatch. Ladies' 12, but I'm also a little over 6' tall so I'd tip over with smaller feet (or so my Mom always said, bless her heart lol).

p.s. for those with big feet who don't know...payless is the only source I use anymore. The shoes are cheap enough that I can afford to buy trendy ones in my size that I don't feel guilty if I don't wear them often.

Edited by bbkaren

I am a 11 or 12 depending on where they are made. I am 5'7". I love shoe shopping thanks to the internet now. Growing up I could not find my size nor could I understand why the only ones where like road cone orange. I mostly wore men's shoes. Now I don't mind spending more on a good pair and having a small shoe collections.

You start at a 6? I thought that was in the middle. No wonder I can't find any shoes in my size anywhere! I wear a 4 or 4.5 in ladies or childrens 2 or 3, depending on the brand. Occasionally, I can fit a ladies 5 if I'm desperate, stuff it with inserts, and walk carefully. To correlate with my kids, my older DDs wore a 2 at 1yr and my youngest wore a sz 1 at 1yr. I don't remember with my DS- he was wearing robeez 6-12mos but I don't know what normal size that was. I'm 5'2, so not all that short.

My daughter is 5-1 and wears a size 8. Feet are weird.

The spread on this is much wider than I would have expected. I thought surely there would be a clearer peak for size 8 and 8.5 with all the other sizes slowly dropping off.

I wonder if heights would do the same...off to post a poll.

I wear between a children's size 3 and a ladies' 5. It's a serious pain. The easiest way for me to buy shoes is in Atlanta at Marmie. Belks, Dillards, local shoe shops, etc nearly never carry any or much in my size.

Edit to add: I'm between 5'3" and 5'4".

Edited by PinkInTheBlue

You start at a 6? I thought that was in the middle.

Good point. I guess it depends on your frame of reference. Obviously mine is different. (Eek. But sorry to leave you out. Guess I should have left room for an "other," huh?)

My 9 year old dd wears a women's 6 and I thought it was the smallest ladies' size. I don't think we've seen anything smaller on the shelves when we were looking for her shoes.

I am a 11 or 12 depending on where they are made. I am 5'7". I love shoe shopping thanks to the internet now. Growing up I could not find my size nor could I understand why the only ones where like road cone orange. I mostly wore men's shoes. Now I don't mind spending more on a good pair and having a small shoe collections.

The bold is me. I was wearing a 10.5 at age 12 and I was 5'10". By 18 yo, I'd grown to my full height of 5'11.75". When I had my first dd, they grew to an 11.5. By the third dd, they were definitely a 12. I buy a 13 for running shoes (thanks to Sierra Trading Post for carrying them in women's sizes!). I've been so thankful for Nordstrom. I never could've shopped there as a teen but now the budget allows me a couple pairs of really good shoes that I wear to their death. Oh, and I remember a friend's mom always telling me that I'd tip over if I didn't have such big feet. As a teen, that still didn't make me feel any better. :tongue_smilie:

I'm a sasquatch. Ladies' 12, but I'm also a little over 6' tall so I'd tip over with smaller feet (or so my Mom always said, bless her heart lol).

Are you happy that your mom said that... or do you feel she was being insincere? (Asking b/c I want to seed my dd's brain with positive feelings about her feet while she's still young and I need to know what to say.)

My parents both have feet on the smallish side (considering their heights). I married into a family large feet and my children have inherited that gene.

My feet haven't gotten any bigger since high school, though it sounds like it is very common for ladies' feet to increase in size after pregnancies.

I get he feeling that many of us feel negatively about the size of our feet. Many people have "qualified" the size of their feet by mentioning that pregnancy caused their feet to grow. Some of us hope our children's feet stop growing.

I have to admit that I'm a little anxious about the fact that my dd has large feet. It comes from not wanting her to hear negative comments from people that end up making her feel bad about her feet. Large feet, in and of themselves, don't bother me. I just REALLY don't want my child to think that her feet aren't pretty. Sigh.